- Text Size +
Written By Veronica



Anna drove off not really knowing where she was headed...all she knew was that Nick wanted to get out of the city. It was awful quite until Nick broke the silence.


"So, what's the real reason you changed your look?"


"What do you mean? I told you already."


"Anna, tell me the truth."


'The truth?' Anna thought to herself. 'How can tell you the truth?'


"How about you tell me what's really going on." Like she didn't know. "And while you're at it you can tell me where you want to go...cause I just can't keep driving to nowhere."


Nick sat back in his seat and put his hand on his forehead. "God! I don't know...I don't know what to do or where to go."


"Look...um..there's a motel up the road...we can stay there for tonight...and tomorrow we'll figure something out OK?"


He looked at her profile as she drove. "You're so amazing Anna." He told her and then began to think. "I can't believe I got you involved in this...if anything happens to you, I'd kill myself."


Anna parked the car. As she opened the door Nick held her back. "Anna...I'll stay here, you go back home and I'll figure out something on my own...it's better that way."


"Nick, I'm already in this...and I want to stay with you and help you." Tears started to fill her eyes." I don't want anything to happen to you. I can't go back home and wait...wait to hear that you got killed or arrested."


"Don't worry Anna." He leaned into her and kissed her gently on the lips. "I just gotta lay low for a few days, until I can get out of the state...head to the West coast, maybe Cali."


She only smiled.


They got out of the car and walked into the motel's main office.


"Two rooms please." She looked into her purse for a credit card. She was all too grateful at Sam for providing her fake documents and id for her. But she couldn't let Nick see them, or he'd start to suspect.


"There's only one room left."


"Okay, that's fine."


"Cash or---" The clerk was interrupted by Anna.


"Credit card." She answered. "Hey Nick, I forgot my sweater in the car...can you get it for me?" Anna asked as she handed him the keys and he happily left. She handed the card to the young man behind the desk. A card that belonged to Cynthia Banks, her new identity.


"What am I getting myself into?...I shouldn't be doing this but...I can't leave him...I just can't"


~Anna's Apartment~


Rachel and Harrison walked up to Anna's apartment.


"What are we doing here?" She asked nervously.


"You're going to find out if she knows anything about Nick...you're her friend right?"


"Yeah...but I can't go in there and start talking about Nick...I mean what am I gonna say...hey do you know where Nick is...because I know some drug lords that are looking for him"


Harrison grabbed Rachel's neck "Don't get all smart ass with me. I don't like that...you're going to find out where he is...that's your job for now, got it?"


Rachel nodded as she struggled to breathe. He let go.


"I don't think she's home, it's dark in there." She said breathlessly.


"Knock" Harrison said firmly.


She did so, for some time, but still no answer. "I told you she wasn't home." She said with some relief in her voice.


"Then we'll just have to come back tomorrow." Harrison had the last word.