- Text Size +
Written by Veronica


John grabbed Rachel by the hair. "I'll kill both of them when if find them, then I'll kill you. No one lies to John Harrison. He threw her on the floor. Rachel's phone rang. She didn't know whether she should answer or not. Could it be Anna? "What are you waiting for?" He asked impatiently



She looked at the number, it was a pay phone. "Hello?"


"Rachel, it's me, Anna."


"Oh, hey Rossos"


"You're not alone are you?" She asked.


"No, I don't know anything about Nick."


"You're with John Harrison, I know. Why are you with him Rachel?"


"Rossos, I don't know anything. Call me later, I'm busy." She hung up on Rachel. "Just the boss...Harrison, I'll try to contact Anna, but don't hurt her, she was just doing her job."


Harrison licked his lips. "I'll give you two days."


Two days? Could she do that to her best friend? If she didn't her life was in danger. But she was a cop, her life was always in danger. "To Serve and Protect" that was their motto.


**************************************************


"She hung up." Anna told Nick. Something strange was going on.


"She didn't tell you why she was with John."


Anna shook her head. But there had to be a reasonable explanation for it. Maybe she infiltrated the drug ring. Wouldn't have John recognized her? Anna knew Rachel hadn't changed her looks, maybe John didn't remember her.


"You're not thinking she went corrupt do you?" Nick asked her.


She looked at him defensively. "No...Rachel would never do that. She loves her job." Now the seed of doubt had set in Anna's mind. Rachel had seemed pretty friendly with John. No, if that was the case, Rachel would have given her away over the phone.


"We need to get to her Nick. We need to help her get away from Harrison....She wouldn't talk because he was there...she isn't corrupt. She's in danger, I know it."