- Text Size +
This chapter was written by Veronica


Nick walked up to his room, all the while thinking about Anna. He really liked her and hoped he'd be seeing a lot of her. He already had her number and he wasn't going to play it "cool", you know, wait for a week before calling. He was going to be real, at least as real as he could be, and call her the next day. Not caring if he'd be sounding too desperate. He couldn't get her off of his mind. He lay there thinking about how she looked when they first met. There was nervousness in her look, which slowly dissipated through out the night.The phone rang, distracting Nick's thoughts of Anna.


"Hello?" Nick said angrily.


"Hello, Nickolas. How are we doing tonight?" Asked a deep male voice.


Nick got nervous. He was supposed to be working tonight but was distracted by Anna's company. He clearly remembered the phone conversation they had had earlier and how Nick had been told not to screw up.


"Fine. I'm fine" Nick answered.


"Good, good. Where you a success tonight?"


"Well, not really. Not a lot of people were into that. It was full of rich snobby people." He explained.


"Well, Nick...my boy...you should have made an effort, been more persuasive. We had a deal, you do this job for me and I get you and your band a contract. Maybe you don't care about your career. Maybe you'd prefer to be with some girl instead of being a star? Is that it?"


Nick was astonished that he knew. "What are you talking about? I told you already---" He was interrupted.


"Do you think I'm stupid Nick? Because if you do, you are going to have to learn the hard way that I'm not. I have my people everywhere I want my money by Sunday." And he hung up.


By the Sunday? How in the hell was he going to sell this stuff by Sunday? It was already Thursday and there was a lot of it. All week Nick had come up with ways to avoid selling. It wasn't his style, but he had to. It was a done deal, and all to make his dream come true. Now it was the moment of truth, he had to do it by Sunday, or face the consequences. Which, in that business could be deadly.