- Text Size +
It was Thursday night and Nick was getting ready for his date with Anna that night. He picked out something simple he didn't want to go too fancy. He picked up his kakai pants and put them on. He then put on his white wife beater and an cream color over shirt.


"simple enough for me" he said looking into the mirror. He spiked up this hair a little bit. He knew he was looking good. He sprayed some gravity cologne on. He looked back at the clock '7pm' he realized he should be going right now. He grabbed the keys and headed out to the door. He wanted to take Anna to the beach and have a picnic, but he didn't know if it was a good thing to do. He didn’t know where else to take her considering he doesn’t have a job and he is flat out broke.


Nick arrived at Anna's house. He pulled up into the driveway and parked the car. He sat in his car for a little while thinking of the phone call he got the day before. He didn’t know how he was going to get all his money by Sunday. It was something he was might have to face. He got out of the car and walked up to Anna's apartment. He rang the doorbell.


"What am I going to do?" he thought to himself," I just don’t want Anna to find out what I do on the side" Anna soon opened the door. He looked at her. She was wearing a white spaghetti strap singlet top with a red skirt that went just above the knee it was decorated with white flowers she also wore white flip flops. Nick was amazed.


"Hey Nick.. come in... let me finish my hair" Nick walked in. He noticed the very colorful paintings on the walls. "Did you do these?"


"No...my friend Rachel did. She said she didn’t like them so I took them from her" she laughed.


"Oh I see" Nick went and sat down on the couch and was looking at some of the photos on the coffee table. She looked a lot like her mom. She soon came out from her room.


"Okay I am already to go” Nick smiled. They walked out the door. Anna turned around and locked her door. She walked out to Nick's car.


"A brand new Lamborghini eh? What is this guy trying to do? Impress me?" Anna thought. She walked out to his car. Nick opened up the door for her.


"Thank you"


"Your welcome" Nick walked around to the other side and got into the car.


"So where are we going Mr. Carter?" she smiled.


"Well I was thinking maybe a nice little picnic on the beach?"


"I like the sound of that" Nick started up the car. Nick drove down to the beach. The sun had already set. It was now nighttime in downtown Tampa. He parked the car. Anna got out and got a cold chill.


"Here take my jacket" he said handing it to her. "Thank you" she put it on and felt much warmer. Nick walked to the trunk and pulled out a basket full of food that his mom secretly put together for him that morning. Nick took a hold of Anna's hand and they walked to a near by picnic table and sat down.


"Did you do all of this?" She asked. Nick nodded. He had to lie if he said his mom made it she probably would figure out that he didn’t own that house he didn’t anyway,but he didn’t want to make her suspicious.


After they got done eating they walked along the beach and watch the waves come crashing along the beach rocks. "This is so romantic" she whispered.



"Yea I know" Nick stopped walking.


"What’s wrong Nick?" Nick leaned in and kissed Anna. She was surprised. She wasn’t expecting that at all. She didn’t know what to think or feel at the moment.


"I'm sorry" he apologized.


"Nick you didn’t have to do that" Nick sighed in relief. He thought he had just done something bad there for a second.He has never really felt like this towards anyone before. He has had girlfriends in the past,but there was just something about Anna that was special ya know?


"Do you want to go and get some ice cream?"


"Sure" Nick and Anna walked down along the strip in Tampa and found a little cafe that sold some ice cream. After they ordered Nick and Anna sat down. A guy approached them.


" May I help you?" Nick asked. He knew who it was. it was one of Jive's people. "Yes Mr. Carter you have a phone call at the front desk" Nick got up and proceeded to the front desk. Anna thought it was kind of weird how he was getting a phone call at a little cafe in Tampa when no one knew where they were.


"I wonder what Nick is hiding? I know he is hiding something. Why am i not figuring this out?" she thought in her head.


Meanwhile .... Nick picked up the phone. "Ah nice to talk to you again Carter so will you have the money or not?"


" Yes I will have the money so just leave me alone and stop bothering me"


"I won’t stop until i get my money or else there will be some consequences there Mr. Carter"


"I know so please just leave me alone" Nick hung up the phone and walked to Anna.


"Are you okay?"


"Yes I am okay how about we get going?" Nick said helping her from out of the chair.


'Okay" Nick and Anna walked to the car. Nick drove Anna back home. He just wanted to go home and sleep!! He didn’t want to deal with this mess anymore he wanted to get out of whatever deep shit he was in.