- Text Size +
Nick sat around the house. He didn’t know what he was going to do. He didn’t want to ask his parents for 6,000 they would start to wonder if that he was in trouble or not. He didn’t want his mom to worry.


“What am I going to do?” he cried,” I am going to be dead in a day and a half. This is all Brent’s fault” He heard the phone start to ring. He looked at it. He didn’t even want to pick it up. He wanted to get out of this mess. He sat there while he trembled with fear of it being Mr. Larios reminding him that his money was due. He decided to go and pick it up it was starting to give him a headache.


“Hello?”


‘Hey Nick” It was Brent. He was relived. “What’s wrong Nick? You sound like you’re scared shitless”


“Well ya know I kind of am Brent I have been getting phone calls from Mr. Larios. He followed Anna and me on our date. Brent I am going to die,” he said.


“Yo Nick chill out man. Everything is going to be fine. I have it all under control,”


“That’s what you told me when the money was due last time. You nearly got me killed. And thanks to you I have a scar on my leg from that stupid knife they stabbed me with!” Nick yelled.


“You agreed to do this with me Nick”


“Yes I did, but I didn’t know I was going to die! Brent we’re 6,000 in debt,” he yelled again. All he wanted was to get out of it. He blamed Brent for even bringing this to him. He blamed himself for even taking this task.


“Nick! I can’t believe this. It’s your entire fault. You didn’t sell any at the party? Oh wait you were to busy with that chick Anna,” Brent shot back.


“Oh I’m sorry. I was just nervous okay? Excuse me for having doubts,”


“It doesn’t come to doubts when you are selling drugs!!” he yelled into the phone.


“Why couldn’t you do it? Why? Why are you blaming this on me? I saw you and Rachel making out at that party. I was just talking,” Nick was pissed. His best friend blaming everything onto him. He couldn’t believe it.


“It was your turn dumbass. I did it the last time,”


“So we’re taking turns? Since when? I don’t want to die!” that’s all Nick could think of was dieing. He didn’t want to. He was only 22 for god sakes. He wanted to live his life and be in a band and make some money that’s all he really wanted to do.


“ Ask your mom for money,”


“Brent no! They’ll think I am in trouble,”


“Nick you have to”


“No! We got ourselves into this now we have to get ourselves out!” Nick could hear Brent making noises over the phone. He always did that when Nick was right.


“Fine. We’ll find a way. Even if this means selling this to the girls,”


“Brent not a good idea. Maybe Rachel. But uh no Anna – she seems to ‘girly’ to do something like that,” he laughed.


“True. Well I gotta go Nick. We’ll get through this once again. Don’t worry we’ll have our record deal before you know it,”


“Ooo and all the girls we want. Haha. Anyway talk to ya later,”


“Bye bye” He walked out of his room and into the bathroom. He splashed some water onto his face. He needed to take a moment to breathe. So much going on and so little time for do it all. He thought about Anna. What would Anna think of him if she knew what was going on?


-Anna’s House-


“Hey Anna where did you say Nick worked at?” Rachel asked.


“Some music store. He never told me a name,” she replied.


“Well I searched all music stores for an employee by the name of Nick Carter and there is none,” Anna wasn’t surprised. But then where did he get all that money for the house and the car?


“What about your lover boy?” Anna giggled.


“He’s no where to be found either,”


“Hmm makes ya wonder huh?”


“Maybe I should call Mr. Rossos and see what we should do next?” Rachel nodded. But Anna didn’t want to arrest him. The one guy who could probably make her happy for the rest of her life he could be going away forever. She wondered who was behind all of this she didn’t want to ruin Nick’s life forever by throwing him away in jail. She realized she has gotten herself TOO attached to Nick