- Text Size +
At the party Nick and Anna were getting a long great. She wasn’t so sure about it from the beginning, but everything seems to be going okay now.


“So Anna what do you like to do for fun?” Nick asked.


“Nothing much. I am kind of a boring person. I am also kind of a book worn. Oh and I love to write poems,” she smiled. That smile of hers made Nick want to kiss her. She was so perfect in every way. Ah so what if she is a bookworm. She’s hot.


“Nah that ain’t boring. You just like to read. That’s cool” he smiled back. There he went with that smile again. The perfect smile who could possibly resist it?


“So Mr. Carter what do you like to do for fun?”


“I sing and I play in a band..well sorta. We’re trying to make it big,” he chuckled. A rock star for a boyfriend- she liked the sound of that.


“That’s cool. So where do you work now?”


“ A music store nothing big,”


"They better be paying you a shit load for that house you have” she laughed. Nick laughed back.


“Yea some house I have. It’s not even mine it’s my parents…I don’t even have a job!! I am just some broke ass guy,” he thought to himself. He knew there was no way he was going to tell this girl the truth.


“Yea they pay me a lot,” Already he started this relationship off wrong. But what was he supposed to do tell the truth? He knew if he did that she would be out of there. “Maybe I should just tell her the truth? Nah she looks like that type of girl who would leave my ass” he thought. He was going to try and hide as much as he could from Anna. He just wondered if it was really the right thing to do.


They stood there in a moment of silence. Nick was feeling uncomfortable considering he just liked to a girl he really liked.



“Nick are you okay?”


“Yes I am”


“You sure?” he nodded his head. Anna on the other hand was wondering what was going on with Nick. All the sudden everything was fine and now its nothing. It all started when they started to talk about his job and the big house he had.


“Oh yea I never asked you what you do?”


“I work at a publishing agency nothing big. I just type out articles that other people write. I have submitted my poems in under someone else, but I guess they just don’t like them,” Anna sighed. She has been working there for Pearlman Incorporated for 6 years and not once have they acknowledged her presence. She was starting to give up on anything being published for him.


“I am sure you’ll get your big break” Anna just starred. She wanted to believe getting her big break, but it seems like it’s taken forever. But who was she kidding?


“Yea and I am sure you’ll get your big break with your band or whatever,”
As the night went on they talked more and more. They realized they had a lot more in common. The same movies, music, color, they even have the same birthday!


“Anna, Nick it’s time to go. We have had enough partying” Rachel said. Anna realized Rachel was almost drunk. She could have guessed that was going to happen. They all piled into the car. They first dropped off Anna since she was the closest.


“I had a fun time tonight Nick”


"Yea I did too. We should do this again sometime” he smiled.


“Yea we should. Let me write down my number” she quickly wrote it down onto a piece of paper and handed it to Nick.


“Thanks I’ll be seeing you again.” Anna smiled and go out of the car. She waved good-bye and they drove off. She unlocked her apartment and walked in. She set her keys down on the table near by. She walked into her room and got ready for bed. She couldn’t stop thinking about how much fun they has at the party although there were some things Anna is suspicious about Nick. Anna has a few things up her sleeve.