- Text Size +
Kevin didnt go to school the next day nor for the next several weeks. He couldnt face the fact she was gone. No one can replace your mother. Britney tried to call but he just ignored the phone. He didnt want to talk. Everything was just going to stay bottled up inside of him then at the right moment just explode. Kevin got out of bed and looked of the window and saw the rain just poor down on the pavement. The wet rainy day just made him feel worse than he already did. He felt like blaming himself for his mothers death, but how could he? He didnt do anything and nothing could have prevented it.


"Why did you go mom? Why did you leave me? Why do I feel like I am to blam for this? Am I being punished?Fuck!"Kevin yelled. Nothing was going to help him. Kevin looked at his fathers bar across the way and started to walk towards it. He's seen movies where drinking just seemed like it was the answer to just about everything. He quickly looked to see if his dad was gone, he was. He got out a glass from behind the bar and poured a full glass of vodka and just drank it. It was the first time he had ever drank," How could anyone like this stuff? Its tasta awful," Even though he didnt like it...he drank down the glass until there wasnt a drop left. Kevin heard a knock on the door...he quickly put everything away,"Coming!" he shouted. He opened the door and there stood his girlfrien Britney.


"Kevin you look horrible when was the last time you took a shower?" Britney questioned as she raised one eywbrow.


"I dont know, I dont care," he whispered.


"Kevy I am worried about you. You havent been at school for two weeks. You missed the 'big game' and you never miss a big game. We lost you know. We need you, Kev" Kevin just turned his head away," Kevin Richardson please talk to me!"


"I am sorry Brit...I mean I lost my mom...she gave birth to me...and now...she's just gone. I never even got to say good-bye or tell her that I loved her..she's just gone," Kevin felt the tears soon roll down his cheeks," I never got to say a fucking good-bye" Brintey wrapped her arms around Kevin.


"It's going to be okay Kev. Just remember your mom is in a better place now..and I am sure she is fine...she's probably looking down on your right now," Britney slightly giggled as she whipped away her tears.


"I guess you're right Brit I'm sorry I didnt return your phone calls. I'm glad you came over"


"I am too" she hugged Kevin again and gave him a kiss. Britney thought she smelled and tasted something different on Kevin," Hmm..it tasts like Kev has been drinking...but Kevy drinking? I couldnt see it..maybe I am just imagining things," she thought.