- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope y'all like this one. I just wrote it tonight. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea & Kaya Brown & the teacher. Thank-you!

Flashback….

“Now, we will have the children tell us what they want to be when they grow up,” the kindergarten teacher stated. It was Kindergarten Graduation Day. “First up, Kaya Brown.”

“When I grow up, I’ma be an astronaut,” Kaya smiled widely.

“Why an astronaut, Kaya?”

“I like the stars,” Kaya replied, before hopping down off the small pedestal.

“Next up, we have Angel Carter.”

“When I grow up, I wanna be pretty.”

“Aren’t you pretty now?”

“Nicky says I am. But I wanna be pretty, like them girls on magazines.”

“Ah, you want to be a model.”

Angel nodded. “Uh-huh. Nicky says I pretty ‘nough.”

The teacher smiled. “I’m sure he does.”

Angel smiled and hopped down off the pedestal, to let her brother take his turn.

“Aaron, you’re next,” the teacher told the brown-eyed boy with golden locks.

“When I grow up, I’ma be like my big brother, Nick,” a small blond five-year-old declared, standing upon the pedestal.

“Aww,” the audience cooed, thinking it adorable that the little boy wanted to be just like his older brother.

“Why do you want to be like your big brother? He just goes to school, doesn’t he?” The teacher asked curiously.

The little boy shook his head. “Nuh-uh. He sings in a group!”

“A group, huh? So your brother has a band?”

“Yup,” the boy grinned proudly. “He gonna be famous!”

Everybody laughed, assuming the little boy just figured his brother to be famous because he looked up to him so much. Little did they know, that the little blond boy before them wasn’t kidding when he said his brother would be famous.

End of flashback….

Aaron was watching Nick and the other Boys sign autographs for the fans who had found them in the mall. He’d gone unnoticed, as he’d gone over to look at the magazine rack.

“I said Nick would be famous,” he muttered softly, picking up a copy of Teen Beat with his brother’s photo in the middle of it. “I wonder if I’m even in this issue.”

He rolled his eyes when he spotted a smaller photo of himself near the bottom of the cover.

“Wow. Backstreet Brother to tour with Backstreet Boys,” Aaron read. “I mean, duh. As if everybody didn’t already know that.”

He flipped through it, un-amused, as he found plenty of photos of Nick, Brian, and A.J., and only one of himself.

“I mean, what am I? Chopped liver? Nick’s not the only famous Carter!”

“Hey, Bro! Ready to go?” Nick called, after he’d signed the last autograph. “C’mon! We’re goin’ to Mickey Dees!”

“Sweet!” Aaron exclaimed, tossing the magazine back down in the rack. He quickly hurried to catch up with his brother and the other four Boys.

“Hungry?” Nick laughed.

“You’ve no idea!” Aaron replied, hopping up onto his brother’s back for a ride.

“We’ll we’d best run then, eh Air-Boy?” Brian teased.

“No. we’d better fly!” Aaron joked.

The three blonds laughed, as they followed the dark-haired Backstreet Boys out of the mall, all heading off in the direction of the closest McDonald's.


They entered McDonald's a short while later, quickly getting in line to order their food. Aaron slid down off his brother’s back, and rummaged around in his pockets, trying to find some money. He groaned when he realized the twenty dollars he’d had in his pants pocket was now gone.

“What’s wrong, Air-Boy?” Nick asked. “Didn’t you bring any money with you?”

“I had money in my pocket before we left this morning, but now I can’t find it,” Aaron sighed.

“No worries, Bro. I’m buyin’ anyway,” Nick smiled.

Aaron smiled in return. Sometimes, like now, he was very glad Nick was his brother.

“Hey Mr.-I’m-Buyin’,” A.J. piped up from behind them. “It’s your turn. Hurry it up!”

Nick laughed and stepped forward to give their orders to the girls standing behind the counter. Luckily, he knew what Aaron liked, so he hadn’t had to waste time in asking.

Once they’d all gotten their orders, they all went and sat down together to eat their meals and chat about what they were going to do that afternoon.

“Hey, Aaron,” Kevin began. “Don’t you have an interview to do this afternoon?”

Aaron paused and thought a moment. “I don’t know. I think. I know you guys got one.”

Nick thought a moment then, and shrugged. “I think Mom mentioned something about it to me this morning. I think yours is right before ours.”

“Damn,” Aaron said. “There goes basketball.”

“You could always play it later,” Howie suggested.

Aaron shook his head. “It won’t happen. I’ll probably be stuck with school work and stuff, even though it’s Saturday.”

“I thought you did all your homework?” Brian said. “I mean, I helped yah with math and everything.”

“I did,” Aaron replied. “But Mom likes to make sure I don’t ever fall behind.”

“Weekends are supposed to be for fun, man,” A.J. chuckled. “Not schoolwork.”

“Mom don’t want me dropping out, like Nick did,” Aaron shrugged. “I mean, how does she know if I’d drop out or not? I’m not Nick.”

“Gee, thanks,” Nick mumbled. “That makes me feel real good.”

Aaron frowned. “Nick, I don’t care that you dropped out.”

“Obviously, Mom does,” Nick sighed.

Aaron shook his head. “Beej says Mom don’t care. That she just uses it as an excuse to make us work harder. But I dunno, I just don’t like doin’ schoolwork all the time. I never have time to play video games or basketball.”

“Whatever,” Nick answered, finishing off his burger. “Hurry up, Aaron. If your interview is before ours, you don’t have much longer to eat.”

Aaron frowned, feeling bad for upsetting his brother. But it wasn’t like he’d set out to do just that. He’d been asked a question, and so he’d answered honestly. Maybe he should’ve lied a bit? Maybe that would’ve not made his brother feel so bad? How was he supposed to know what to do? He was only thirteen! A thirteen-year-old who wasn’t supposed to have very much fun or eat any of the ‘junk’ his brother and band mates ate.


On arriving back at the Hotel, where the interviews were to be held, Jane greeted the Boys with an angry scowl upon her face.

“Just where have you been, Aaron Charles!?!?!”

“With Nick,” Aaron answered simply. “I said I was goin’ with him this morning.”

“Well, you’re late!” Jane snapped. “you were supposed to be here ten minutes ago!”

“We were stuck in traffic, Mom,” Nick piped up.

Jane sniffed the air a moment and glared at her youngest son. “And just why do you smell like burgers and fries?!?!”

Aaron shrugged. “We had McDonald's. No biggie.”

“It is a big deal Aaron!” Jane yelled. “I’ve told you to stay away from the junk you like to fill your body with! You need to stay in shape!”

“Mom, it was just one burger!” Aaron argues. “It’s not gonna kill me!”

“And just how did you pay for it anyway!?” Jane demanded. “I took that twenty you stole from your account out of your pocket this morning!”

“It’s my account! I’m allowed to take twenty bucks out! And why the hell did you take it? I needed it for lunch!”

“You were told you’re not allowed to eat out!” Jane barked. “And watch your language, Young Man! And answer my question! How did you pay for it?”

“Nick bought it!” Aaron yelled. “I was hungry! What was I supposed to do? Starve!?!?”

“Nick would do no such thing unless you bugged him to do it!” Jane declared.

“Mom, I offered,” Nick piped up finally, as the other Boys stood looking uncomfortable – Kevin a lil’ peeved.

“Well, don’t do it again, Nickolas!”

“Yes, Ma’am?” Nick said softly, though sounding very unsure.

“Now, Aaron, get into wardrobe! And just you wait until we’re through here and back upstairs!”

“Mom! I’m not some stupid lil’ baby!” Aaron shouted. “Quit treating me like some puppet!”

Jane grabbed him then and in one swift moment, had his pants down enough so that everyone could see his bared bottom. She grabbed his one arm and began to spank him, not caring if the media saw or not.

“You will not speak to me in that tone, Aaron Charles!”

Aaron fought back his tears, failing to keep them hidden, as he’d never been so embarrassed in his life!

“Mom, people are watching,” Nick pointed out.

“Let them!” Jane yelled. “Make great headlines! Aaron Carter spanked by his mother!”

“Mom! Mom! Ow! I’m sorry!” Aaron cried. “Please! Mom!”

Jane finally stopped whacking him and yanked his pants back up. “Now, get to make-up!”

“Yes, Ma’am,” Aaron replied softly, his face tear-streaked and red from embarrassment. He quickly ran off to make-up, hoping none of his fans had just witnessed what had happened.

“Mom, he’s just a kid!” Nick stated. “And he had a point!”

Jane glared at her eldest son. “I’ll deal with you later, Nickolas! Now, go get ready for your own interview!”

“But -”

Now!”

Nick now looked as embarrassed as his brother had. He turned and walked away, the other Boys following him momentarily – Kevin giving Jane a cold, hard glare.

Jane turned and stalked off to go keep an eye on Aaron during his interview, and to ensure that he didn’t cause her or the record label anymore trouble.


A.N.: I only had him spanked, because I remember reading years ago in a magazine that he'd said his most embarassing moment was when 'his mother yanked down his pants and started spanking him in a mall in front of everyone'. I don't remember the year, nor the magazine it was in - but it was there & written in black & white. And after that was once stated, I noticed that from then on when asked about embarassing moments, he always said he 'had none'. (Sidenote - I've read elsewhere it was his Grandmother who spanked him, & not his Mom. Eh.) Thank-you.