- Text Size +
Alana ended up going to bed at 10:30 p.m. that night. Nick stayed in the living room and played his playstation 2. He decided that it was best if he gave her some space. I just can't get into bed with her just yet. I won't be able to stop myself from the need to touch her So a night of video games was what was in store for him.

A few hours later, he looked at the clock that was on the living room wall above the television. It read 1:30 a.m. He had be playing video games for the past three hours. He wasn't really tired, but his whole body ached. His head felt funny and he decided that it was time for bed. He turned the television and PS2 off and settled back on the couch. Wrapping a blanket around him, he got comfortable and finally fell asleep.

Alana's alarm clock when off at 4:30 a.m. She had to be to work at 6:00, as usual. She slowly got out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom to take a shower. About 15 minutes later, she walked down the hall toward the living room. She had put on black dress pants and a red sleevess blouse, She did notice that Nick hadn't come to bed with her last night, like he normally did. What didn't he come to bed last night? Why did he so suddenly change his mind and sleep on the couch? Did I say something wrong?

Alana saw a lump on the couch. The lump was Nick completely covered in two blankets that normally sat over the couch and chair. She couldn't even see him his head. She stiffled a giggled and then heard a groan.

Nick pulled back the covers and groaned again. His stomach really hurt. He felt something raise in his throat. All Alana saw, was him dash to the bathroom. She waited a few minutes, then tapped on the bathroom door.

"You okay Nick?" she asked.

There was no response. Please, don't let him get sick now! He's just back home and now that....

"Nick?" she asked again, knocking a little harder.

Again, there was no response.

She opened the door a crack and saw Nick sitting on the floor next the toliet with his head leaning against the wall. His face was covered in sweat and he looked really pale. She watched him as he leaned over and heaved into the toliet a second time. Alana turned away quickly because she didn't really want to see him throwing up. Ewww, she thought.

She opened the cupboard next to the bathroom sink and pulled out a wash cloth. Running it under luke warm water, she rung it out. Nick flushed the toliet and wiped his mouth with the collar of his yellow shirt that he was wearing.

He leaned back up against the wall and Alana knelt in front of him. She gently ran the wash cloth over his forehead. She cupped his face with her other hand and gently ran the cloth over the rest of his face. She put her hand up to his forehead, it felt hot.

"Get into bed," she said putting the dirty cloth in the bathroom hamper. "I'm going to get you some Motrin."

Nick got up slowly and made his way down to the bedroom. He sat on the bed and waited for her to come. Alana had a full glass of water and a bottle of Mortin. She handed it to him and watched him carefully take the medicine, then washing it down with half of the glass of water. He lifted his shirt over his head and she helped him take it off. His shorts came next and she tossed them on the floor near her bedroom hamper. She put a garbage can near the head of the bed, in case he didn't make it to the bathroom on time.

"I don't feel good," Nick complained as his head hit the pillow.

"No shit," Alana answered, pulling the covers over him.

He caught her hand in his for a moment.

"Don't go," he whispered.

"Nick I have to go to work," she said.

"I don't want to be here alone," he replied.I would feel a million times better if she'd stay. I could pay her a hundred times more what Wal-Mart pays, but I still know she wouldn't stay. She's so stubborn...but so adorable...

She ran her fingers down the side of his face.

"Let me see if I can get someone to stay with you," she said quietly.
~**********~

A.J. was sleeping peacefully on his king size waterbed. He had just gotten home from Los Angeles hours before. His cell phone began to ring. He tried to ingore it, but it kept ringing.

He rummaged around on the end table for his phone and flipped it opened.

"What the fuck do you want?" he asked sounding irriated.

"A.J?" the female voice asked.

He rubbed his eyes and recognized the voice. He looked at his watch, it read 5:20 a.m.

"Alana?" he asked "what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

"Can you do me a favor?" she asked.
~**********~

A.J pulled his black 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse into Alana's garage two hours later. He would do anything for her because she was the only friend that Nick had that kept him sane. Nick was a totally different person when he was off tour. He was more calm.

A.J grabbed his bag and went inside the house from the garage side door. He dropped his bag near the couch and saw that a blanket and pillow was laid out. He also saw snacks stacked on the table that he liked to eat. Thank you Alana, he thought. She had asked him to come and stay with Nick for a couple of days because she had to work. He had agreed to come and stay as long as she cooked him food. He loved her cooking, as did everyone esle.

A.J. found a note on the kitchen table.

AJ-Thanks for staying with Nick. He is sleeping in my room. If you need me, the work number is by the phone. Thanks, Alana.

He walked down to the end of the hall and peered into Alana's bedroom. He saw Nick curled up in a ball with the blankets over his head.

"Yo, Nick," A.J. called from the foot of the bed.

Nick moaned and moved a little. He hoped, for a second, that Alana had decided to stay. But it was AJ. Sure, AJ was his friend, but now he wanted only Alana. In his mind he pictured how she would sit by his bedsided, holding his hand. Does she know that I need her right now?

"You alive bro?" A.J asked.

Nick popped his head out of the blankets and adjusted his eyes to the blurry figure that was standing at the end of the bed.

"What are you doing here?" Nick asked, his voice hoarse.

"Alana called me and asked me to stay here for a couple of days," A.J. replied. "How're ya feeling?"

"Like shit," he moaned "It feels like someone is twisting my stomach."

"Do you need anything?" his friend asked.

"Yah, a new stomach," Nick said, trying to joke.
~**********~