- Text Size +
Nick sat next to Alana in the doctor's office waiting room, nervously tapping his foot up and down. She had taken him to her family physican, Dr. Francis Randall. She filled out the information that was needed on the clipboard, then handed it too him. He looked down at the paper. She listed all of his information that she knew about him.

All he had to do was fill out his health insurance information, emergency contact information, and health history. After he did that, he shoved the clipboard at Alana and ran for the bathroom for the upteenth time that day. About five minutes later, he came out, his face all wet from water that he had splashed on his face from a previous encounter with the toliet.

Nick sat back down and leaned his head against the wall. A nurse came out into the waiting room with a clipboard in her hand.

"Nick?" she asked politely.

He jerked his head in her direction and stood up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Alana asked, looking up from the magazine she was reading.

"Might as well," he muttered, shoving his hands into his pocket.

The nurse led the two of them into an exam room. Alana sat in the chair across from the exam table, as Nick sat on the table. The nurse gave him a gown.

"You can leave on your undergarments, the doctor will be with you shortly," she said as she closed the door.

He pulled his green t-shirt over his head and tossed it on the floor. Alana watched him. She liked his tattoos that on his chest. I'd love to touch these. I hadn't noticed them before..where were my eyes? He's so hot! He put the gown on and pulled off his light blue gym shorts and tossed them in the pile.

Dr. Randell light tapped on the door and came in.

"Well, Mr. Carter, what brings you here?" he asked. Dr. Randall aged in his early forties and had black hair with a few grays starting to show.

"I've been throwing up since 4:30 this morning," he answered quietly. "My head feels funny, I'm hot and achy and my stomach hurts."

He sounds like a baby, Alana thought, smiling to herself. He's so funny when he's sick.

Dr. Randall examed his throat, ears, listened to his breathing and heart. He then took some blood samples.

"Well, Nick, you have a mild case of the flu. But I am ordering some blood samples just to be sure. I will have the results tomorrow. Here is a couple prescriptions to help you stop throwing up and an anti-botic. I want to see you in my office next week for a follow-up," Dr. Randall said, giving him the slips. Thank God, it's just the flu! Alana thought and fought with the temptation to run to Nick and hug him tightly.
*~~~~~~~~~~*

Alana pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot. She was going to run in quickly and get his prescriptions filled because Dr. Randall told him to take them as soon as he could. Nick had the passenger's seat reclined and his eyes were closed. I came home to be with her and not to make her run errands for me

"Are you coming in with me or what?" she asked as she pulled into a parking spot.

He cocked his head towards her and opened his eyes.

"I'll stay in the car," he answered. "There are too many people here and Frank isn't around."

Alana totally forgot about that she was in public with Nick. She treated him like a 'normal person. She actually forgot that he was a pop start most of the time. He was just 'Nick' to her.

She got out and locked the doors, leaving her keys inside. She ran into Wal-Mart and quickly got the prescription filled. She came back out and saw that her car did not have a mob of screaming fans like she pictured it might, but there wasn't.

Nick was still resting when she climbed back in the driver's seat of her car. He was so tired and all he wanted to do was sleep. Alana drove the ten minutes it took to get back to her house and parked her car in front of the garage; because A.J's car was inside.

She lived in a secluded area. Not many houses were around, which was always an advantage to Nick. He loved where her house was located. It had a lot of trees around the front of the yard, so it was very private. The paved driveway was set back from the road quite a bit and the four acres she owned was perfect for what she had done to her yard-flower gardens all over the place.
~**********~

When they went into the house, Nick plopped down at the kitchen table and rested his head on his arms. Alana found A.J. fast asleep in the extra bedroom with his head phones on. She poured water into a glass and set it in front of Nick, along with his medicines that were prescribed to him. He hesitated at first, then took them willingly. He didn't want to be sick, he hated being a pain in the ass.

He glanced at the clock that hung above the kitchen stove. It read 5:45p.m. He wasn't sure if he was hungry, but considered eating something.

"Alana?" he asked.

"What do you need Nick?" she answered as she brought a basket of clean folded laundry out and set it on a kitchen chair.

"Got anything good to eat? I'm kinda hungry," he said quietly.

She smiled and ruffled his hair with her fingers as she passed him to the refridgerator. Does it really feel like..home?
~**********~