- Text Size +
Nick stood in front of a women's clothing store called Enchantment. A.J. and Brian had gone into a sport's shop a few stores down. Alana didn't want to go in because she knew that he would buy her a dress for that night.

"I don't want you to buy me anything esle. You've bought me enough," she said as she pulled him in the other direction. I'm not used to being spoiled....

"You don't have a dress," Nick pointed out, pulling her into the store.

"But Nick...." she whined "You have spent me too much money on me already." But that comes with you, doesn't it?

He pulled her close to him with his lips close to hers, but didn't kiss her.

"I want to buy you things," he whisphered.

"You've bought me enough," she whisphered back.

He pressed a soft kiss to her lips then pulled back again.

"Please Lana?" he asked.

She gave him to him. She always did. He wanted to buy her things. Did he buy things for his past girlfriends? Is that what she was to him? She had no idea.

"Fine," she agreed.

They both browsed around until Nick picked out a beautiful dress with an open back in blue silk It looked to come down to about her knees. It was opened in the back and had a veck neck opening in the front.

"Try this on," he said as he ushered her to the dressing room.

Alana undressed quickly and tried on the dress. It was a perfect fit. It hugged her every curve. Boy, is he gonna love this, she thought as she admired herself.

She got dressed in her clothes and hung the dress back on the hanger. She looked at the tag, just to see if she could afford it. It was $356.98. She gulped. I can't afford this, not with the pay I get at Wal-Mart. When she came out, she saw that he had matching shoes and accessories to go with it.

"It fits, right?" Nick asked as she gave him the dress.

Alana nodded and looked at all the stuff that he was going to get with it.

"What's the matter?" he asked as they went up to the register.

"It's too much Nick," she said. "You're buying me too much."

He put the things on the counter and handed the cashier his credit card, but pulled her a side for a moment.

"I told you, we're going out. You deserve to look good tonight," he said.

He signed the slip and grabbed the bag as they headed out to meet Brian and A.J.
~**********~

They got back to the hotel and Frank had taken up their purchases to their room.

"The limo is picking us up at 7:30p.m.," Nick said as he lit up a cigarette.

Alana looked at the clock. It was 3:30p.m.

"Yah?" she asked "That's four hours away."

"Leighann and Kristen are coming up to get you in 15 minutes," he answered, giving her a sly smile.

"Why??" she asked, knowing that she was not going to like his answer.

"They have appointments down the street to get their hair and nails or whatever shit done for tonight. Kristen called me asked if they could bring you," Nick answered.

She sighed.

"I don't like having my hair and nails done Nick," she whined as she sat on the couch next to him.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her face close to hers.

"You deserve to get pampered," he said. "Go have fun with the girls."

Nick was right. She hadn't been pampered since her brother got married two years ago. She also hadn't had an outing with any of her female friends in a very long time.

There was a knock on the door a few minutes later. He leaned over and gave her a quick hug and a small peck on the lips before leaving.

"I'll see you at 7:30," he said.
~**********~

Alana looked at herself in the mirror. She had put on the dress, shoes, and accessories that Nick had bought her. Her hair was had gotten trimmed up. The hair stylest also added red brown low lights to her hair. It was down with soft curls around her shoulders. Her make-up was dramatic. She had smokey eyes and a soft lipstick on. She didn't look like herself. I didn't know I could look this good. Should I do this more often? Will Nick like it?

Nick was waiting downstairs in the lounge with Frank. Alana stepped out of the elevator and walked into the lounge. She saw the two men standing at the bar talking. Frank pooked Nick in the side to get his attention when she walked in. His mouth literally dropped when he saw her.

Alana stood in front of him.

"You clean up good," she said casually as she ran her hand down his gray jacket.

He pulled her close to him and wrapped one arm around her waist, possessively.

"Wow," he whisphered in her ear. "You look great. I can't wait to show you off."

She smiled. It felt nice to hear him give her a compliment. She had a feeling that she would be receiving a lot of them tonight.

He planted a small kiss on her cheek and held out his arm. She took it and Frank led them out to the limo that was waiting in the front of the hotel.

The limo ride to the restaurant was about a half hour. Alana sat next to Nick and Frank was sitting in the front with the driver.

"I'm gonna warn your now," Nick said as the limo came to a slow stop.

"About what?" Alana asked.

"There is probably a lot of people out there with cameras," he said.

She looked at him and then got really nervous. This is what she didn't want. She didn't want the whole world to know who she was.

She shook her head back and forth so that her curls shook.

"No. No. No," she said firmly. "I'm not going out there."

Nick sighed. He knew that she wanted to stay out of the spotlight, but he wanted to show her off to everyone.

"Alana, I want to show you off," he said.

"Yah to the world?" she asked sarcastically.

"Yes," he said seriously.

She looked at him and then looked outside through the tinted black window. There were cameras flashing furiously. It made her more nervous.

"This is your world Nick," she said quietly. "It's not mine. Look at me. This isn't me."

He looked at her. He wanted her. He wanted her to be with him and by his side.

"I want you in my world Lana," he whisphered.
~**********~