- Text Size +
We parked the car outside AJ's house and I just looked at it.

"It's been awhile." I said to Sarah and Leslie. They smiled and Sarah got out to let me out.

I looked at the house and remembered when AJ threw me in the pool out back. I walked closer to the house and went around to the side and got a look at the pool and leaned against the fence. I could still hear all the laughs I had here, all the times I cried in his arms, and all the times he was just there for me. I looked put my head down and thought some more. Sarah and Leslie tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up and at the pool and wiped another tear from my eye. I fell to my knees by the fence.

"MARY!" Sarah got down next to me quick and I looked at her.
"I let him down Sarah, I let him down. I haven't seen him in 4 years, I can't just show up."
"Yes you can, now get up! This was your idea!" She yelled at me. One of AJ's light went on. We ran to the front door. We turned away from the door and he opened it.

"Can I help you ladies?"
"Ladies, who says ladies anymore? Everyone's lost all common sense." The girls and I snickerd.
"Excuse me?" He said. "Will you at least face me?"
"Alright." I turned to him and his face was priceless!

He walked close to me and just stared at me.

"Mary?" I nodded and he gave me a hug.

He picked me up and spun me around. I laughed in his ear.

"It's so good to see you."

He set me down and Sarah and Leslie turned around. AJ stepped back. Then he went to Sarah and gave her a hug. He apologized about a thousand times. He saw Leslie and smiled and jumped.

"DIZZY!" She gave him a hug and laughed.
"Hey J-man."

AJ invited us in. He wanted to talk to me. I didn't know what about, maybe about me just stoping the calls, he could have called too it's not my fault. He and I sat in his dining room. I took a chair across from him. He looked at me and smiled slightly.

"So why now?" He asked me while looking out the window behind me. I snapped my fingers to get his attention.
"You just seemed to like haunt me. Even when you weren't on my mind, you were always there in the back of my head. You just wouldn't leave me alone! I mean I tried AJ!" He got up and so did I. He came around the table and gave me another hug. "Everytime I closed my eyes AJ, you were right there. I wanted to just see you again. See how you were doing, and I read your regret in a magazine." He looked at me with the slyest smile. "Is that really your regret?" He nodded his head yes. I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Something I haven't done in a few years. "Well I missed you a lot AJ, and I just want you to know."
"That I've been fighting to let you go." He sang in my ear. I laughed and grabbed his hand and we went out into the living room. He sat down on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. I smiled at Leslie and Sarah. I knew Leslie was dying to get Nick on the phone. I knew Nick was talking about Leslie in his regret...They had this click that I couldn't figure out. And Sarah and Howie always have too...just never figured out what was up with them either. Tough cases to crack...all I knew was AJ was back into my life, and I'm going to try and not let him slip away again.