- Text Size +
I lay on my bench out back and then I heard my sliding glass door open. I sit up and it's my Best Friend since 7th grade Sarah. She's always dropping by with good or bad news. But she looked particularily happy today.

"EEEEK!! MARY!!" She was waving something around in her hands and it was small...I didn't know what it was. She ran to me and she gave me it. It was two tickets.
"Sarah what is this?"
"Tickets to something you love!"
"What?" I turned it over, it was to a Backstreet Boy concert. I looked up at her and gave her it back and laid back down. She hit my leg. "Ow..." I sat back up.
"What's wrong with you? You love these guys!"
"Yeah when I was like 14 Sarah. News flash I'm 24 now hun." She looked mad.
"YOU STILL HAVE ALL OF THEIR CRAP!" She hit me on the side of the head.
"And???" I rubbed my head and looked at her. "Not like I listen to them anymore." I laid back down again and she looked at me and ripped the tickets up.
"They're coming here to Chicago for a reunion thing and I thought you'd like to go for your birthday...since I know you still love AJ dearly."
"Yeah I do, but I don't know what he's done while they've been gone. Or if he is with anyone. I feel like the only thing I know about him is his birthday."
"And the time he was born." She smiled at me and sat back on the bench. "Ready for tomorrow? Miss. 25!" I stood up and did a cartwheel. I couldn't wait to be 25. It was a good age...just right. AJ was about 39 now I guess. I still loved him like I did when I was 15 but he's still a BSB no matter how I look at him. I would like to go to the reunion but it's time to move on. I went inside and Sarah followed me.
"Starbucks? Meet me here at 10:00 ok and we'll go." Sarah and I love starbucks!! It always gets us all hyper!
"Alright see you then." She gave me a hug and she left. Glad Sarah and I are still good friends.