- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kristin and Josh's happy world comes crashing down around their feet when their fathers find out who they're dating.
The last five years had passed rather quickly in Kristin's eyes.

She and Joshua had been inseparable best friends since the day after she had gotten her Aunt Emily's reply to the letter she had written back in first year. They'd been dating since end of fourth year and she loved him with all her heart and more.

Her parents knew she had a boyfriend at Hogwarts but they hadn't yet met him although they had seen pictures and sketches. They also didn't know he was a Malfoy because she hadn't told them and wasn'’t going to.

She and Joshua were sitting in their compartment on the Hogwarts Express on their way back to Kings Cross Station and Joshua had fallen asleep. With the way the sun was shining on him it was the perfect opportunity for a sketch.

Kristin once again pulled out her ever-faithful, ever-present sketch pad and pencils and soon her hand began to fly over the page just as it had shortly after their very first meeting.

A few minutes later Joshua woke with a start. He had just had the worst dream of his entire life. His and Kristin's fathers had found out who they were dating and forbade them to ever see or speak to one another ever again.

"Ugh, Josh! Put your head back down or Im not gonna finish this before we get to KC," Kristin said.


He looked over at his beautiful girlfriend whom he loved with everything he had. Her reddish black (more red than black) hair was shining brilliantly because the sun was shining upon it and she had a twinkle in her eye. "What's the magic word?" he asked playfully.

Crossing her arms Kristin threatened, "If you don't put your head back I'm never gonna kiss you again," even though they both knew it was an empty threat.

"Okay, okay, don't be so harsh," he said putting his head where it had been moments before.

"So," Kristin began. "Mum and dad want to meet you today when we get to the station."

'They do? Why?" he asked in alarm pulling his head back up.

She pointed her finger toward the window as she answered, "Because you're dating their daughter and dad asked me last Hogsmeade weekend when Urban made you stay behind."

"Oh."

"So be prepared. Aunt Emily and Uncle George are going to be there too."

"Cool. I like them."

A short while later Kristin finished what seemed like her millionth sketch of Joshua and stowed her supplies in her tote just as the train pulled into the station.

They gathered their trunks, Music and Fredrick's cages and disembarked from the crowded train. Their parents always picked them up from the muggle side of the station so they made their way through the growing crowd of parents yelling for their children and fellow students yelling goodbyes to friends and yelling for their parents and made it to the barrier.

"Here goes nothin'," Kristin whispered to herself as she stepped through the barrier carrying their owls and waited for Joshua to follow with the trunks.

All of a sudden she heard cries of, "Kristi!!" and was grabbed around the waist by her nine year old twin siblings.

"Hi Bonnie, hi Daniel, I missed you guys."

Joshua came through and stood by her side as her parents and aunt and uncle walked up to them. 'Hi everyone how have you been?'

Everyone replied with the same answer of, "Fine."

"Kristin," he father said.

"Oh! Mum, dad this is Josh. Josh this is my mum and dad. You already know Aunt Emily and Uncle George of course. And these two," she said indicating the two attached to her hips. "are Bonnie and Daniel."

"Hello. It's great to finally meet you," Josh said.

"It's nice to meet you too Josh," Ginny said shaking his hand.

It was as he was shaking Harry's hand that Joshua's recent dream came true. "Joshua! What do you think you're doing???" yelled Draco.

'What are you doing here Malfoy?" Harry asked bitterly. Even saving the guy's life wasn't enough to change Harry's opinion of him.

'Picking up my son, as if it's any of your damn business."

"You'll watch your mouth in front of my children!" he told Draco.

"You're Kristin's father?" he asked. Draco and Kristin had met before and he had been nice to her.

"What's that have to do with anything?" Harry spat.

"I don't want my son dating a Potter, that's what!" turning to Josh he said, "You are never seeing or speaking to that girl ever again!"

Josh kissed a crying Kristin on the cheek and hurried off after his father.

"KRISTIN LILLIAN POTTER!" Harry shouted.

"Harry leave her alone," Ginny said.

"Ginny stay out of this," he hissed as he continued to yell at his crying daughter unaware that the crowded station was turning its attention to them. "You were dating a Malfoy?? What did I tell you?? From this moment on you are no longer allowed to see or speak to him ever again!'

"But daddy," Kristin whispered the only words she'd speak to her father for months. "I love him."