- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated this one. I've been having problems and that's been taking time away from my writing. But now those problems are fixed so I'll be updating more often. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for waiting patiently. P.S. Meatballs I hope you like it.
Ginny was tired of watching her eldest daughter mope about the house. Normally by her third week home she was always popping off to sleepovers and had even gone to visit Josh last summer.

Harry was no help. Every time she brought up the subject they’d end up having a huge argument that usually ended with him saying, “It’s what she gets for dating a Malfoy.”

Usually she agreed with him however this time she felt that he gone too far. She liked Joshua and could tell that he was going to take a very different path than his father had.

“Knock, knock,” she said softly as she entered Kristin’s room. “Can I come in?”

“You already are,” Kristin replied coolly.

“Can we talk?”

“Sure.”

“I want to talk about Josh.”

Kristin shot up like a light, “Really? Oh mum, I miss him so. Daddy’s being so unfair…”

“I know,” she interrupted. “That’s why I’m here. I’m going to help you talk to him.”

“But how? Daddy took Music away. I can’t send messages, and what if he finds out?”

“You may not be able to send messages but I can and leave your father to me. I will help you but you must follow my rules.”

“Number one: write the letters and seal them. Number two: When you give me the letters you must make sure your father is no where around. Number three: In every letter you write you must tell him that he has to address his return letters to me and I’ll make sure you get them.”

“Thank you mummy, thank you!” a very excited and happy Kristin exclaimed, throwing her arms around her mum hugging her.

Ginny stood, “I’m leaving now. I know you want to write a letter. Remember; don’t tell your father.”

“I won’t mum, I swear. Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome dear.”

As soon as her mum left the room Kristin rushed to her desk. She pulled out her favorite quill which was actually a feather from Josh’s owl and her pink tinted parchment.
She put her quill to ink and began to write,

Josh,
I miss you. I haven’t seen or heard from you in three weeks and it’s driving me insane. I haven’t spoken to daddy since Kings Cross. The stupid man took my owl away so I can’t send messages. Mummy’s just given me the greatest news ever. She’s going to help us talk. She says for you to address return letters to her (Ginny Potter) and she’ll make sure I get them. I just can’t let daddy catch on or both mum and I are going to be in trouble. I’ve got to go; I just wanted to give you the good news.

I love you always,
Kristin


She sealed the letter, shoved it into her pocket and went in search of her mum.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Three days later she was moping up in her room because her father refused to let her go to Bethaney’s sleepover birthday party because “Joshua might be there” when there was a knock on her door.

She flicked her wand and the door opened to reveal her Uncle Charlie and Aunt Bridget. “Uncle Charlie! Aunt Bridget!”

She hadn’t seen them in almost a year because they were busy in Romania so she pounced on Charlie as her aunt Bridget walked to her “picture wall.”


“Kristin, sweetie, it’s great to see you, but could you please let go? You’re choking me,” Charlie said.

“Sorry,” she replied letting go.

“Who’s this?” her aunt asked, pointing to a picture of Kristin and Josh kissing outside of the Hogsmeade branch of Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes.

“My boyfriend Josh.”

“”It’s cute. Is it recent?”

“Sort of. Aunt Emily took it this past Valentine’s day.”

“Isn’t this the boy your father keeps harping about?” Charlie asked.

“Yes, just because he’s Draco Malfoy’s son. Daddy’s being unfair because Draco’s actually pretty nice now,” she began pacing. “Big deal so he’s a Malfoy who cares? I don’t so daddy shouldn’t either.”

Kristin talked with her aunt and uncle until her mother called them downstairs for dinner.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two days after her aunt and uncle visited, Kristin got her first letter from Josh.

Her father had, upon being reassured by Bethaney’s mum Stacy that they would leave immediately if Josh showed up, had let her spend the day in Diagon Alley with Bethaney and her mum.

When she got home around four there was a dark green envelope waiting for her on her pillow.

She sent a silent “thanks” to her mother whom at this very moment was downstairs telling her father they were having their sixth child and tore open the envelope.

Kristin,
Was I ever surprised to get your letter. Luckily it came at night so father couldn’t take it away. He’s taken to doing that lately. He’ll take my mail and read it to make sure it’s not from you. So from now on as much as I love it, please don’t use your pink parchment and try to disguise your handwriting in case father should get a hold of one of your letters. You should talk to your father, maybe then he’ll give Music back. I’m glad your mum’s doing this for us. Tell her thanks from me. I hope that neither of you get in trouble with your dad. Father’s calling so I’ve got to go.
Love always,
Josh

She was in heaven; she had finally gotten a reply from Josh and it seemed as though he missed her as much as she missed him. He was also right about her father; she needed to talk to him. Maybe she could make him see reason.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Daddy, can we talk?” Kristin asked timidly as she entered his study.

“Sure sweetie,” Harry answered surprised that his daughter was talking to him again. “What do you want to talk about?”

“”Josh and how I think you’re treating me is unfair.”

“I wasn’t aware you thought I was treating you unfairly,” he answered as if the last three weeks hadn’t happened.

“Come on daddy, I haven’t spoken to you in three weeks. You can’t tell me you didn’t notice the house was way too quiet.”

“You’re right the house was quiet. And I’m not talking about Joshua being a Malfoy.”

“Get off it daddy. You’re not going to talk, you’re going to listen to me.”

Taken aback by this outburst from his daughter Harry sat silent as Kristin continued, “I’m of age and if I want to be with Josh, I can and will be. There’s nothing you and Draco can do about it.”

She stood and began pacing, something she did when she was nervous. “You told me when I started at Hogwarts that I was old enough to choose who my friends were. I extended that to mean I was allowed to choose who I dated. I know that you and Draco hate one another but that doesn’t mean that Josh and I have to hate one another and we don’t. I love him daddy and you’re going to have to live with that.”

She slumped into the chair she had previously occupied and tried to calm her breathing while her father digested what she had just said.

“What?”

“You heard me daddy, I love him.”

“Why?”

“What?”

“You heard me Kristin, I asked why. Why do you love him?”

“Because he makes me feel how mum looks at you.”

“What?”

“When mum looks at you, you can tell she loves you. You can almost see the love pouring from her; that’s how Josh makes me feel. I feel like you can see how much I love him and I can tell how much he loves me by the way he looks at me. He makes me feel like I can do anything and he treats me like a princess,” she sighed and leaned forward. “Daddy you’re just going to have to accept the fact that I’m a big girl and can take care of myself now.”

“You’re too you to know what love is Kristin…”


Kristin cut her father off, “How old were you when you knew you loved mum? How old was she when she knew she loved you?”

“I was sixteen she was…that’s beside the point. It has nothing to do with what we’re discussing.”

Ginny and her brother Ron’s wife, Hermione, were listening outside the door.

“I wonder when Harry’s going to realize that he’s fighting a losing battle,” Hermione wondered out loud.

“It has everything to do with it! How would you have felt if Poppy had forbidden you to ever see mum again?”

Harry pondered that for a moment. What would he have done if Arthur had forbidden him from seeing Ginny ever again?--given up magic probably.

“Daddy,” her voice was barely a whisper. “I don’t need the money you’re going to give me after I graduate. If I have to walk out of this house and never look back I will because I’m going to do whatever it takes to be with Josh ‘cause I love him and always will no matter what anybody says or does.”

With that Kristin stood and walked from the room. She had meant what she said, she didn’t want it to come to it but if she had to she would walk out of the house and never look back.