- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry sorry sorry sorry. I know it's been a long time.
After reading Kristin's last letter Joshua decided to take his own advice and talk to his father.

He set the letter down on his desk and took a deep breath; he had never talked to his father how he was going to.

Joshua opened his bedroom door and stepped into the hall; the walls were covered in wizarding photographs. The most prominent was the photo of his grandfather Lucius; it was the one he hated the most.

"So my grandson, why has your father told me that you're dating a Potter?" he spat the last word out as if it were the dirtiest curseword that any human being had ever spoken.

"Grandfather, you're dead. It's really none of your busines," He answered.

"Harumph..."Lucius huffed and walked straight out of his portrait.

Joshua continued down the hall and stopped directly infront of his father's study; he knocked lightly and upon recieving no answer knocked louder.

"Yes?" a voice inquired.

"Father? Can I speak to you?"

"Certainly son. Come in."

When his father gestured to a cahir infront of his desk Joshua said, "I'd rather not, what I have to say won't take long."

"Okay."

"When I was little, you were the best person I knew. You were my hero. But that's changed since the day in Kings Cross four weeks ago. I know you don't like Kristin's father but that doesn't mean you can't like her."

"Joshua Andrew! You know how I feel about that man and his family."

"Yes I know, 'Harry Potter is the epitome of all evil.' But I know you like Kristin, At least you did when you first met her. She knew who you were and still gave you the benefit of the doubt. She got to know you despite everything she ever heard about you and actually likes you quite a bit."

"And what does that have to do with my not allowing you to see her?"

"You don't get it do you? You just don't get it." Joshua stated.

"Get what son?"

"Get the fact that I LOVE HER!" he exploded. "I love her and there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't pretend you didn't hear me father. You know if I have to I'm ok with walking right out the front door and never looking back. I don't want to because I know it would break mum's heart but if that's what it takes for me to be with Kristin then I'll do it."

Josh spun on the spot and having said what he needed to say retreated from his father's study. He headed back to his room to write what was possibly the most important letter he had ever written.