- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay!! I'm updating again!!! It's short but I promise it's good.
He watched as his owl flew away into the night, one of the darkest he had seen in a while, carrying an important piece of parchment.
Joshua didn't want to do what he'd been thinking about but knew that if they didn't he might lose the love of his life.
***
Kristin was startled by the tapping at her window. 'It can't be a letter from Joshua already?' she thought as she swivled away from her desk to face the window. 'It is!"
"I wonder what he could want?" she wondered aloud.
When she opened the window, Artie flrw in and landed next to Music on her perch.
"Well hello Artie, you cute little thing," she said as she took the lett er from him.
On the outside of the letter there were two lines of script. One was her name; the other said: SIT DOWN BEOFRE OPENING AND READING THIS.
Kristin did as it said and sat cross legged on her bed as she opened it.
Dearest Kristin,

After reading that you talked to your father I took my advice to you and talked to mine. I reminded him of a few things.
We need to do something that will show our parents tha we're not little kids anymore. I've got an idea but need to see you in person. Meet me in Hogsmeade at the Hog's Head. I know it's not the best place to meet but I promise we won't be there long. I'll leave home when Artie brings your answer.
Love, Josh

Kristin read the letter several times before she felt herself breathe agai n. But she knew he was right. They needed to show their parents they weren't little kids anymore.

Josh,

I'll be there. I'll leave as soon as I get Artie out the window. I guess it's a good thing that we passed our tests before school ended.

K

She coaxed Artie away from Music and toward the window, gave him the letter and watched as he flew away.

Kristin flew to her wardrobe and pulled a pair of jeans and a pink tanktop out. She changed quickly and at the last second before climbing out the her bedroom window decided to scribble a note to her mom.

Don't worry, I'll be fine.

Love, Krissie


She left the note atop her pillow and climbed out the window to the yard below; Music flew out behind her and with a flick of Kristin's wand the window flew shut.