- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. And here's a pic of the ring Josh gave her. Photobucket
 

When they arrived in Dovetown , Kristin was exhausted. She hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and she had been running around with Joshua all day.

They were standing outside The Charmed Ones Lounge and Lodge when Josh opened his mouth to speak, "K-"

 

She cut him off, "Josh, I'm tired. All I wanna do is sleep, possibly for a few days. We've been going and going all day and I have no idea why we had to walk all the way here when we could have just apparated."

 

He replied, "I know you're tired. I am too. We're going to stay here tonight," he gestured toward the building behind them. "And I'll finish telling you my plan tomorrow."

 

"Thank you, Thank you, and thank you!!" 

 

They checked in and went upstairs to their rooms and settled in for the night.

 

*~*~*

When Kristin woke the next morning she found a note on the bedside table and it read:

 

Kristin,

 

There are a few things that I need to take care of today. I'm not sure when I'm going to be back. You should get out and explore Dovetown. It's pretty awesome. I'll be back in time for dinner. Meet me in private dining room number eight.

 

                                                                                   Josh

 

Immediately her mind began to race. What could he have to do that would keep him away all day? And what could he possibly have planned that they would need a private dining room?! "But," she said aloud to herself, "I am going to explore." And with that she jumped out of bed and began to get ready for the day.

Because she knew that Dovetown had both Muggle and Wizard shops she had exchanged some of her wizard money for Muggle money.

 

Kristin had decided that since tonight was apparently a special night it called for special clothing. They'd done a miniscule amount of shopping the night before but didn't really have the necessary items; and hadn't brought anything with them.

 

 

Kristin had done some serious damage to the money she'd take out of her vault the day before; her favorite purchase was from a Muggle shop called HOTSHOTS.  It was a cream-colored halter type dress that was sure to make Josh drool. And she had, of course, bought matching shoes.

*~*~*~*

She got ready around five thirty and was waiting in PR 8 when Josh arrived.

 

He was wearing black slacks and a blue dress shirt; he looked as though he would rather the night was already over.

When he looked at Kristin he visibly relaxed. "Potter, you're beautiful."

 

She blushed before replying, "You don't look too bad yourself, Malfoy."

 

He sat across the table from her and for a moment just stared off into space. "Are you okay Josh? You look a little preoccupied."

 

"I'm fine. Are you ready for dinner?" he asked, indicating the menus in front of them.

"Actually, I'm not too hungry at the moment. But I would love some tea."

 

He touched the word "TEA" on his menu and a full tea tray appeared on their table. He poured them both a cup of tea.  "Are you sure you're okay? You're hands are shaking," Kristin asked, concerned.

 

"I'm...uh...fine."

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'm okay."

 

They sat in silence for a long moment and when Josh's hands began trembling so badly that his cup shook when he barely touched it, Kristin slammed her cup on the table.

 

She pointed her wand at the cup and repaired it with a non-verbal spell and then turned on Josh. "What the hell is going on Josh? You've never lied to me before but I can tell that you're lying now. Your hands are shaking so badly you can't even pick up your cup. What's going on?"

"I'm not lying. I really am fine. Just a bit nervous is all."

 

"What about tonight could possibly make you this nervous?"

 

"A few things."

 

"Like what?" Kristin asked.

 

"Like even though I know that no one knows where we are, I'm still afraid that any second now your father is going to burst through the door and drag you out of here."

 

"Even if he did show up, I wouldn't leave. He can't make me."

 

"And then there's that idea I have. I've had it for a while now."

 

"You promised to tell me what that was tonight-so spill!"

"I've been thinking, about for a long while now-not just since our fathers separated us."

 

"Sounds interesting."

 

"Oh it is. I think I've known since our very first meeting on the Hogwarts Express that someday we'd be where we are today. Well...not hiding from our fathers but where we are in our relationship," he moved his right hand out of sight and his left covered hers.  Upon noticing her hands begin to get shaky, Josh asked, "Not nervous are we?

 

Kristin's response was a nervous giggle and a kick to his shin under the table.

 

He put his right hand back on the table and it was clear that he was concealing something beneath it. He took a second before speaking again, "I told  you that I thought it was time we showed our parents that their babies had grownup , but truthfully, I know that they already know that, and that's what they're afraid of. What this is all about," Josh raised his arms as if to indicate their recent adventure.  "Is us, and how we feel about each other. Kristin, I love you."

He opened the tiny purple velvet box he had been hiding, and inside there was a beautiful ring. The band was solid silver and it was just plain beautiful. "This ring is only a symbol. You know you have my heart and I want you to know that you're going to have it forever. Kristin, will you marry me?"