- Text Size +
Abbi went to the arena but she seemed distracted her mind was somewhere else. Roxi was going on and on about going to some award show next week. She smiled-“Oh this is so exciting, don’t you think Abbi?” Abbi stared off into space, Roxi looked at her then at Darcy and Allie-“Abbi? ABBI?”
Abbi realized that she was being talked to-“Huh? What...I’m sorry.”
Darcy looked at Abbi-“You there?”
Abbi rolled her eyes-“Hello, obviously I’m here.”
Allie laughed and shook her head-“No ma’am. Your body is here but your mind is somewhere else.”
Abbi shook her head-“No silly girls, just trying to figure out a way to help Nick get with Veronica.”
Ashley spit out her drink-“WHAT?”
Abbi gasped as the water sprinkled all on her skirt-“AH Ashleeyy. Oh my gah you got me wet.” They laughed as the van arrived at the arena, Abbi saw Veronica get off the van infront of them so she opened the door-“I’ll explain later, I gotta talk to Veronica before she gets away.” She hopped out of the van and caught up with her-“Hey We need to talk.”
Veronica laughed-“Abbi, are you still trying to talk me into dating Nick?”
Abbi smiled-“Come on Vero, you don’t mind me calling you Vero do you? Anyways you can’t just shut him down without giving him a chance.”
Veronica laughed-“Fiiinne Fine...here’s the deal. Saturday we hit Houston, and there is a real hot Salsa club there. He can take me there and that will be our date.”
Abbi looked at Veronica-“Salsa? Vero darlin did you notice he’s WHITE?”
She laughed-“YES! Exactly...he won’t be able to dance and he won’t have a good time and stop bothering me. That way he will see I am not what he wants, so I won’t feel bad for turning him down.”
Abbi nodded as Veronica continued walking into the dressing room. Abbi had stopped walking, and thought for a moment, that’s true...she has a point...poor Nick he’ll be upset...unless I help him. Abbi went to the stage where the other girls were, did soundcheck, then went back looking for the guys. They should be there by now to get ready for their soundcheck. Abbi ran into AJ and fell backwards. He laughed-“Hey kiddo, you ok?”
Abbi laughed as he reached down to help pull her up-“OH AJ! I’m sorry. Haha I need to watch where I’m going.”
AJ laughed-“Where are you off to in such a hurry.”
Abbi bit her bottom lip-“Um...I need to find Nick, is he here yet?”
AJ looked at her and smiled-“Yea he’s in his dressing room, playing a game as always.”
Abbi grinned-“Thanks babe.” She took off running again dodging a guy tuning his guitar while walking. She knocked on his door, she could hear laughter obviously he was playing with Brian. She opened the door and cleared her throat loudly. Nick turned and smiled-“Hey Ace.”
She couldn’t help but smile, she felt dumb-“Hey Nick can I talk to you?”
Nick nodded-“Sure.” Then he looked at Brian, Abbi glanced at Brian too.
Brian chuckled-“Ok ok I get the hint. I’ll see ya later bro.”
Abbi sighed as she sat down-“OK, I talked to her.”
Nick’s smiled grew-“Annnd?”
Abbi bit the side of her lip-“On Saturday, we hit Houston and there is this Hot Salsa club she wants you to take her to.”
Nick looked disappointed-“What? I can’t dance.” He whispered-“I’m white.”
Abbi gasped-“YOU’RE WHITE?? OH MUH GAH!”
Nick laughed-“Shut up! What am I gonna do.”
Abbi laughed-“I’ll teach you how to dance. We have 6 days till Saturday, we can work in the studio of the town we are in, I assure you we will be working so hard that you will be a great dancer she will be totally impressed.”
Nick smiled-“You would do that for me? Thanks Ace!”
He hugged her, she took a deep breath she took in his cologne, she thought to her self...wow what am I getting myself into?
The next day they were in Alabama, Abbi was in the studio where she was suppose to meet Nick in about 15 minutes. She showed up early, to get the music set up and get a few moves ready. Nick showed up super excited-“Let’s do this!”
Abbi laughed-“Calm down Nick, ok ok...first off this is salsa.”
Nick rubbed his stomach-“Like the one you eat with chips?”
Abbi rolled her eyes at Nick’s attempt to be funny-“Come on you goofball.”
They moved together to the music, he stepped on her toes a few times-“Oh NICK! Ok, look lets step back...this is your space and this is my space. Let’s keep those spaces for a while till you get the flow down first.”
Nick laughed and nodded-“Sorry Ace.”
They danced to Selena(R.I.P.), Thalia, and some other music. Nick was taking a drink of water, Abbi stood in front of the mirror dancing while going through a CD to find a good song. Sexy by Black Eyed Peas came on, she began to dance to it-“My Song.”
Nick waked up behind her and pit his arm on her waist, she froze as he danced-“When do we get to this part?”
Abbi then remembered the dream and quickly moved away from him-“Um...later.”
A few days passed and Abbi would spent about 3 hours with Nick teaching him how to dance. She walked into her hotel room after their lesson, Darcy stopped her-“Hey you, where have you been lately?”
Allie laughed-“Yea you disappear for a couple hours then come back all sweaty, what have you been doing?”
Abbi laughed-“Um...I’ve been teaching Nick how to dance salsa.”
Roxi looked at Abbi, she knew that Abbi had been feeling weird about Nick-“You’re helping him get Veronica? Even tho you...”
Darcy shot her head around and looked at Abbi-“You what? Like Nick?”
Abbi looked down and nodded. Allie jumped up from her chair and ran to where Abbi was sitting-“YOU LIKE NICK? Aww!”
Abbi rolled her eyes as she felt her cheeks get hot-“What are we in third grade again?”
Darcy looked at Roxi, who was walked to Abbi-“Why are you helping him Abbi? You should be trying to get him.”
Abbi looked down again-“I dunno guys! I mean I think I like him and all but...maybe it’s just a crush thing. Or one of those things where you never know you like something until someone else has it. Ugh...all I want is for him to be happy, and if it’s with her then I will help him get her.”
Darcy smirked as she glanced at the other girls-“Oh you got it bad.”