- Text Size +
Thursday morning, Abbi was stepping out of the shower, she reached for her towel when the door opened. Nick had walked in not noticing that she was in the bathroom. She screamed-“OH MY GOSH! NICK!”
He looked up and his jaw dropped-"OH! Abbi...I...I'm sorry!"
She grabbed her towel and threw the sponge at him, as he was turning bright red gathering his clothes he had dropped-“GET OUT!”
He ran out of the bathroom and she laughed as she ran over to the door and locked it. She finished drying herself, then walked into her room. She got dressed then ran downstairs, and ate breakfast with Brian. Nick walked down and immediately blushed when he saw her, he kept his face down. She smiled, blushing just a bit-“So um, Brian. Tonight we are going out, to do this open mic/karaoke thing for money...well it was just for fun but there’s a prize. The girls want you guys to come, I personally think you will get bored, but eh...you can do what you want.”
Nick spoke-“We’ll go...I mean, it sounds fun.” Abbi smiled at him, he hadn’t looked up at her but he continued talking-“Um...Abbi, I-I-I thought you had school today?”
She smiled-“Um...Nick if you would look up every once in a while, then you would see that I am in my uniform.”
Nick glanced up and smirked-“Oh...yea that’s right. Well then why are you still here?”
She giggled-“My first class was cancelled today. I’m off to school now.” She kissed Brian goodbye on the cheek, then waved at Nick. She ran to the door, when she opened it there was a guy standing there with brownish hair, and sunglasses.
He lowered his glasses, as he looked at her in her uniform-“Dayum Baby, where are you off to in such a hurry?”
She rolled her eyes-“AJ right? I'm going to class, if your looking for my cousin, he's in there. See ya later?"
He watched her run off-“You know my name? Have we met?”
She laughed-“You’re a Backstreet Boy! WHO DOESN’T KNOW YOU??”
AJ laughed-"Right! See ya later for sure!!" He walked into the house shaking his head-“Who was that?”
Brian walked over to the door and did the handshake thing with AJ-“Hey man glad you came out. Who was who? Oh her? That was my cousin Abbi.”
Nick walked in with a bowl of cereal-“yea one of twelve!”
AJ’s eyes grew wide-“Wow? And they have room for us?”
Brian nods-“Yea, we are staying in the older brother’s room, he moved out.”
Nick chuckled-“Yea, but always knock before entering the bathroom.”
Brian turned to him with a confused look-“ok Nick, what is up? You have been acting weird all morning!”
Nick sighed bashfully-“I kinda walked in on Abbi when she was stepping out of the shower.”
Brian’s eyes widened-“YOU SAW MY COUSIN NAKED?”
Aj laughed as Brian hit Nick-“Wait...that was Abbi? Way to go Nick!” Aj continued laughin as Brian turned to him and also punched him.
Nick laughed, then calmed down-“Oh! Before I forget AJ, Abbi asked us to go with them tonight to some open mic/karaoke thing, then to some clubs. I told them we would go.”
AJ nodded then grinned-“Wait, how old are they?”
Brian glared-“21, why? OH NO...you two better keep your hands and other things to yourselves! Those girls are kids!”
Nick held his hands up in defense-“Hey bro, if they are old enough to drink, they are no longer kids!”
Aj nodded in aggreement-“Yea man, they are old enough to drink, they are old enough for us!”
Brian threw a pillow at him-“NO! My cousins are too young! That’s that!”
AJ caught the pillow-“Alright alright! Now remind me again why you brought us to see your family instead of Leighanne?”
Brian sighed-“Oh wow, you are forgetful. Leighanne is shooting a movie. She couldn’t make it, therefore I needed you two to keep me from getting bored. Now maybe we should help them out by cleaning the house. They leave it a mess when they head off to work and school.”
Nick shook his head-“Uh-huh, NO WAY, I don’t clean my own house, what makes you think I’ll clean strangers house!”
Brian glared-“If you don’t clean the house with us, I will tell uncle George you saw his daughter naked!”
Nick gasped and started quickly cleaning up the toys and skateboards. AJ and Brian laughed, they enjoyed cleaning the house. When 3 o’clock came around they had everything cleaned, AJ even had started making dinner. The kids all got home, as always they ran in and each went off to their rooms to get the homework done faster. Abbi and Roxi walked in with their friends Allie and Darcy. Roxi went over to the guys-“Hey, I want you to meet our best friends Allie and Darcy. They will be going with us tonight, I think Abbi told you about it after Nick walked in on her.”
Nick threw up his hands-“OH MY GOSH!”
The girls laughed, Abbi finally spoke-“ok ok, well we are gonna go upstairs and change cuz these outfits are soo annoying.”
AJ smiled-“Well I kinda like them.”
Darcy smiled-“You would!”
AJ acted offended-“What's that suppose to mean?”
Darcy shrugged as they all walked upstairs to their room to change into much more comfortable clothes. AJ watched them leave, all four girls were so different. For instance, Abbi had shoulder length brown har with highlights, she wore cute preppy kind of clothes, like the jeans and the small tees. Roxi wore glamourous/different type of clothes, like short dresses with jeans, and he long brown hair with highlights would be in a puff. Darcy was more of the daring kind, she had dirty blonde hair,that went past her shoulders. She wore short halter tops, with short skirts, or low cut pants with small shirt. Allie was more of a punk kind, she had short light brown hair, her style was punk but not goth or emo. She wore the black pants with the zippers, and the tanks that would say daring stuff. He smiled and shook his head, as different as they were, they sure did get along really well. When they finished up, they went down to eat some spaghetti that AJ had prepared. When their parents got home, they met AJ and talked for a while. The time had come for the girls to go to the café spot, the girls got their bags, then told the guys to follow them. They went to the Tabloo(I know it’s a clothing shop, but it just sounds like a café spot). They were getting nervous as they headed back to change into the costumes. They fixed their hair and make up, and admired the other groups there. They looked better than the girls, they waited till it was their turn. Finally their names were called out and the four girls walked out on stage. The crowd clapped, but the boys whistled louder. Abbi smiled, she turned away slowly as did the other girls. The music started and the girls moved their hips to the beat of Big Spender:
(Roxi)The minute you walked in the joint,
I could see you were a man of distinction,
(Darcy)A real big spender,
Good looking, so refined.
(Allie)Say, wouldn't you like to know
What's going on in my mind?
(Abbi)So, let me get right to the point,
I don't pop my cork for ev'ry guy I see.
(ALL)Hey, big spender, spend...
A little time with...me...me...me
(Allie)Do you wanna have fun?
(Roxi)How's about (fun) a few laughs?
(Darcy) I can show you a...good time...
(Abbi)Do you wanna have fun...fun...fun?
(Roxi)How's about (fun) a few (fun) laughs (fun)Laughs (fun) laughs (Allie)(I can show you a...)
(fun) laughs (fun) laughs
(good time)
(Abbi)Fun, laughs (good time)
(Darcy)Fun, laughs (good time)
(ALL)Fun, laughs (good time)...shhh...
(Darcy)What did you say you are?
(Abbi)How's about a ...(laugh)
(Roxi)I could give you some...
(Allie)Are you ready for...(fun)
(Roxi)How would you like a...
(Allie)Let me show you a ...(good time)
(Abbi)Hey, big spender...
(Darcy)Hey, big spender...
(Roxi)The minute you walked in the joint,
I could see you were a man of distinction,
(Darcy)A real big spender.
Good looking, so refined.
(Allie)Say wouldn't you like to know
What's going on in my mind?
(Abbi)So, let me get right to the point,
I don't pop my cork for every guy I see.
(ALL)Hey, big spender,
Hey, big spender
Hey, big spender
Spend...a little time with ...me
Fun...Laughs...Good Time
Fun...Laughs...Good Time
Fun...Laughs...Good Time
How about a palsy?...Yeah
Brian looked at Nick, who who was smirking. Nick smiled-“Are you guys thinking what I’m thinking?”
Brian laughed-“Nick not all of us are thinking of Abbi naked ”
AJ laughed as he high-fived Brian. Nick glared at both of them, then grinned again-“No no...you know what I’m thinking.”