- Text Size +
Abbi looked at the little box and giggled as she revealed five toe rings with a diamond in the middle of a little heart. Each ring had a different colored diamond, she looked up at him and couldn’t hold back a smile-“Thank you.” That was all she said to him, then she turned to the tv and pushed the power button. He looked at her, then looked down and sighed. She glanced over at him and scooted over leaving him a spot, he smiled and sat on the bed. Abbi grabbed his arm and placed it around her as she cuddled in his chest and sighed. It was about five minutes of her looking at her foot in silence with Nick holding her. She finally spoke-“Why does this happen to me?”
Nick let out a small laugh and tightened his hug-“Why does what happen to you baby?”
She shook her head as she tried to wiggle her toes but the cast imposed-“This Nick I get the worst person in the world on the same tour as me, then I get into a fight with you and you take her side.” She was interrupted by Nick turning her face and kissing her. She felt her bottom lip tremble when pressed with his lips. The warmth that she had missed in the past few weeks was back onto her lips. She took in every single sent, every taste and every feeling that went on in that moment of their first kiss as a couple again. His hand slipped up to her neck and he just held her as he kissed her. She pulled away and looked at him, at that moment his eyes were still closed. She kissed the tip of his nose, making his eyes open and look into hers. She wrinkled her nose, smiled, and put her head on his shoulder as they enjoyed the movie on the television. About thirty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Darcy, Roxi, and Allie walked in, they all stopped when they saw Nick and Abbi laying on the bed.
Roxi looked at them quizzically-“Hey guys, what’s up?”
Abbi smiled and put her head on Nick’s shoulder-“Nothing, what is up with you guys?”
Darcy grinned as she turned the tv off-“We gotta go, its time for the show.”
Roxi grabbed Abbi’s pink crutches and set them up for her. Nick helped her stand up, then they all headed to the buses that would take them to the arena.
During the show, Abbi got to sit on a stool and sing all the songs, while the girls danced. She would stand up with the crutches and walk over to the sides. When the show was over, Abbi went to the couch and plopped down letting the crutches fall to the floor. Roxi sat next to her-“You ok?”
Abbi rubbed her arm muscles-“I’m sore, it’s quite the arm work out.”
After the show, Nick carried Abbi to their room. She laughed as he almost hit her foot on the door panel. He sat her on the bed and went to get some thing to drink. She started telling him about how bad she had to use the rest room, earlier but couldn’t get there because her crutches were on the couch and she was on the bed. To top it all off, she had just taken pain killers so she was all woozy trying to hop to the bathroom. She found it hilarious as she told the story to Nick, it was even more hilarious to her since she had just taken more pain killers. Nick laughed-“You’re so crazy! Haha I love you Ace.” His eyes widened and looked at her.
Her eyes widened-“What did you say?”
He shook his head-“Nothing...nothing, I said ‘You’re so crazy.’ And then I stopped talking completely.”
A smiled started to creep up on her lips-“No...you said you loved me.”
He shook his head and waved his arms-“No I didn’t. No.”
She laughed-“Yes you did! I heard it, You love me!”
He was about to say something when the door opened, AJ smiled-“Hey guys, we are all going down to the nearby Denny’s you wanna come?” He stood at the door looking at both of them, with Darcy at his side.
Nick didn’t let Abbi respond, he ran over and grabbed her crutches-“Yea! We would love to come, I’m starving, aren’t you starving babe? Come on lets’ go AJ!” He walked out the room, Leaving Abbi and AJ behind.
Abbi smiled to herself as she stood on her crutches. AJ watched Nick go to the elevator leaving his injured girlfriend behind. He looked at Abbi as he went over to help her-“What’s up with him?”
Abbi smiled and shrugged, then changed the subject-“Are we walking downtown?”
AJ looked at her-“You wanna walk? I heard it was tiring to walk around on the crutches.”
Nick stood at the other end of the hall-“I’ll ask the hotel for a wheelchair for the night.”
Abbi nodded-“Yea, if you get a wheel chair then I will be fine!”
AJ clapped and pushed the elevator button-“Alright then, it’s set. We’ll walk to Denny’s.”
When they got down to the lobby, they met up with the rest of the gang and began their walk in the city. It was a cool dry night, there was a few more people walking around. Mostly young people enjoying the clubs and the bars. Abbi glanced up at Nick who was pushing her wheelchair, she would smile at him then turn away. He would bite his lip, then shake his head at her. He leaned down into her ear-“I didn’t say that.”
She giggled softly and nodded-“yea you did.”
He sighed-“You are on medications, you don’t know what you heard.”
She laughed harder making everyone turn around and look at Nick and Abbi. She giggled-“Sorry.”
Nick looked down at her and thought to himself, God I do love her.