- Text Size +
Abbi made her way to the bus, it was time to head back to LA for a week for a small break. They had one show on the night of their arrival, then the rest of the week to travel or do what they want. Abbi stood at sound check with her crutches at side as they did their set. After the Fetish set, they walked to the back, Abbi was watching the band set up for the Backstreet set. Just then, Jonas the security guard walked in-“Um, Abbi...I have 7 kids outside saying they are your siblings.”
Abbi’s heart began to beat hard as she made her way to the back door, she stopped at the dressing room-“Roxi!”
Roxi was sitting on the couch with a really cute guy that looked extremely familiar-“What?”
Abbi waved her and to Roxi-“Jonas says that the kids are here. Our siblings are outside!”
Roxi got up quickly and walked out holding up a finger-“I will be right back hun.”
The two girls made their way to the back door, when they got there they saw Mackenzie(14) holding Toby(4) in her arms, with Kacie(11), Curtis(12), Alec(5), Paige(7) , and Mark(19) were standing outside. Abbi hugged Mark-“Guys what’s going on? Why are you here is everything ok?”
Everyone tried to talk at once, even Toby was talking but he wasn’t making any sense. Abbi looked around as people were starting to stare. Roxi noticed too so she spoke softly-“Come on lets go inside.” She held the door open for them to walk in then followed them to the dressing room. Roxi’s friend was sitting on the couch, he stood up when the ladies walked back in to the room.
Abbi motioned for them to sit down-“Ok, Mark what is goin on?”
Mark put Toby down who ran to Roxi-“It’s Mom and dad, they are driving us insane. All they do is argue all the time! Ever since both of them got those high paying jobs, they don’t care about anything else. They have no time for us, and they forget about us. They go out their separate ways every afternoon, and when they are home, they do nothing but yell at each other all the time. They even yell at us for something they forgot to tell us about.”
Curtis looked down-“They hit Mackenzie.”
Abbi’s eyes widened-“They what?”
Mackenzie looked away-“All I did was ask to go out, it was Friday I’m usually allowed. But that day we didn’t clean mom’s desk and she was in a bad mood so I was a BIT of a smart ass and she hit me hard on the cheek. That was the last straw.”
Mark shook his head-“No the last straw was when they lifted their hand to Toby for being in the way.”
Roxi crossed her arms-“Wow, I can’t believe they actually hit you out of frustration of their own day.”
Paige looked at Abbi-“Please don’t make us go back.”
Abbi turned to Roxi looking for a solution. Then she sighed-“I’m not gonna make you guys go back, I need to talk to Johnny. Stay here Roxi and I are going to find our boss so we can make sure its ok.” Just then Nick walked into the room.
He was talking on the phone, but when he saw the kids he stopped-“Hey I’ll call ya back. Well the whole gang is here. Hey kids!”
They all smiled and ran up to him and hugged him. Abbi looked at Nick-“Hey Nick, do me a fave and stay here with them. Me and Roxi need to find Johnny.”
Nick sat on the couch and nodded-“Sure, but what’s up?”
Roxi grabbed her friend’s arm and turned to Nick-“We will explain when we get back ok?”
Nick nodded, with no questions asked. He turned to the kids and smiled, Mackenzie walked up to him and smiled flirty-“Hi Nick.”
Nick smiled back at her then looked at Abbi with a nervous look, she laughed and walked out the room. Roxi spoke softly to her guy then watched him walk to the front of the stage to get his seat. Abbi tried to think about who that guy was because he looked so freakin familiar. She walked with Roxi looking for Johnny, then they heard a very annoying voice behind them-“Well well well, I hear that you have the whole family circus here.”
Abbi rolled her eyes and turned around to see Sunni, she was on the phone-“What do you want Sunni?”
She smiled and pointed to the phone-“I wonder how Johnny is going to take the news that he is going to have a bunch a kids running around.”
Abbi smiled-“You know, I’m sure he won’t mind.”
Sunni shrugged-“I dunno...I’m on the phone with him right now. Let’s find out.”
Abbi bit the inside of her cheek-“Sunni give me the phone. I need to talk to him.”
Sunni shook her head-“No.”
Abbi put her hand out-“Give me the phone Sunni! It’s important.”
Sunni shook her head and smiled, she put the phone over her head away from Abbi’s reach. Just then Roxi snuck up from behind and snatched it from her hand. Abbi smiled as the phone was handed to her-“Hey Johnny, it’s Abbi.”
Johnny sounded confused on the other line-“What is it now Abbi? What’s this about a circus?”
Abbi rolled her eyes and glared at Sunni as she walked to the corner to talk to Johnny. Sunni protested but Roxi stood in front of her with her arms crossed. Minutes later Abbi walked back with a smirk on her face-“All taken care of. Thanks Sunni.” She tossed Sunni the phone then turned around and headed to the dressing room.
Roxi turned to Abbi-“So what did he say?”
Abbi smiled-“He said it was ok for the kids to stay with us, they will room with you and me. Just keep them out of the way.”
When they got in the room, Nick was watching TV with the kids around him, Mackenzie was leaning her head on his shoulder. Abbi laughed and pulled Nick over to explain everything that happened back home and with Johnny. He put a hand on her shoulder-“Good, it’s important to be there for them.”
She sighed and nodded as she looked down-“After our set, we are gonna take them back to the hotel and get them settled. I’ll see ya there ok babe?”
He nodded and was about to speak when Mackenzie stood up-“Babe?”
Abbi smiled and looked at her-“Yes, babe...as in boyfriend babe. Sorry hun but Nick and I are kinda dating.”
Nick shot Abbi a look-“Kinda?”
Abbi rolled her eyes at Nick-“You know what I mean!” She play hit him in the stomach.
Mackenzie put a hand on her heart-“You broke my heart!”
Nick grabbed her hand and kissed it-“Don’t worry, you will always be my number one.” Mackenzie melted into the couch, Nick laughed as he kissed Abbi’s forehead and headed out to get his make up done.
After their show Abbi, Roxi, Darcy, Allie, and the kids went back to the hotel. They sat in Abbi’s room pondering wether or not they should call their parents to let them know the kids were here and safe. Abbi finally dialed the number and put them on speaker, her mom answered-“Hello?”
Abbi sighed-“Ma, hey it’s Abbi.”
Her mom sounded a bit worried-“Abbi? Hunny we are so upset right now, we can’t find the kids. They ran away.”
Roxi looked at the kids-“Yea ma, they are here with us. They arrived today to us.”
Her dad was on the other phone-“Here? Where’s here?”
Abbi bit her lip-“Los Angeles dad.”
Their mom got angry-“LOS ANGELES??? Why...How...See its all your fault George! If you would have paid more attention to them.”
Their dad shot back-“MY FAULT? Since when is it my responsibility to take over your actions as a mother.” Abbi looked over at the kids who were shaking their heads.
Mark breathing heavy, he was fed up-“SEE! This is why we left! You do nothing but yell at each other all the time! Until you get your act right and PROVE that its gonna change, we aren’t coming home!” He hung up the phone before they could respond.
They all sat in silence wondering to themselves how did things get so bad. Then Nick walked into the room-“Hello family...look who I brought!”
Behind him were AJ and Brian. The kids got up and ran to both guys and hugged them. Abbi stood up and looked at Brian who glanced up at her. Without saying anything he smiled warmly letting her know he was there for her.