- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Her black dress

Abbi turned to look at the elevator hoping someone would come out, so she wouldn’t face them alone. As if someone was listening, Nick walked out of the elevator flashing her a warm smile as their eyes met. She turned back to her mom and put her hands on her hips-“What are you doing here?”
Her mom walked up to her with two cops behind her-“I’m here to get my kids back, with or without your cooperation.”
Abbi swallowed hard and shook her head-“No They don’t want to be with you, that’s why they came to me. You can’t take them, I’m not allowing it.”
Her mom was now face to face with Abbi and smirked-“I don’t think you have a say in the matter.”
Abbi looked around-“Where’s dad?”
Her mom looked down at her bare finger and then looked up again-“He moved out, and the divorce is in process. Quit beating around the bush Abigayle, where are they? If you don’t tell me I will go to the front desk and find out.”
Abbi shook her head-“You can’t take them ”
She was about to walk towards the elevator when a cop grabbed her arm-“I’m sorry ma’am, but you can’t go over there.”
Abbi turned to them and was confused-“Wait, you’re with her?”
He nodded and held his grip longer-“Yes ma’am, she asked us to accompany her, and make sure you know that by law she can take her kids. Does she abuse them?”
Abbi looked down and shook her head-“No sir.”
The cop shrugged and shook his head-“I’m sorry then, she can and will take her kids with her today. You are to stay here with me.” He nodded to the other cop and walked away with Abbi’s mom disappearing into the elevator.
Nick stood by not saying a word, he didn’t seem to know what to say. He put an arm around Abbi shoulder, nodding to the cop in an silent agreement that he could take it from there. She pushed away from Nick and walked to the stairs entrance. Nick sighed-“Where are you going?”
Abbi pulled her sleeve over her hand and wiped the tear-“I can’t watch, besides I gotta get ready for our show.” She put her head down as she turned and walked into the stairway hall.
Nick plopped down on the lobby chair, just as Roxi walked up and looked at Nick-“Where’s Abbi? I went to her room and she didn’t answer...my mom is upstairs gathering the kids ”
Nick nodded as he looked up at her-“Yea, she knows. She can’t do anything about it because she brought cops. Abbi went up the stairs to get ready for the show.”
Roxi turned to Nick in disbelief then went upstairs to also get ready. Later on that day, Abbi was putting her make up on, when her cell phone rang, the caller ID read Home. She groaned as she picked up the phone-“Hello?”
It was Mackenzie she sounded mad-“We’re home, incase you care.”
Abbi sat down as Leslie(make up artist) finished up-“What are you talking about Kenzie?”
She heard her sniffle-“You didn’t even fight for us Abbi You just let her take us, you knew we didn’t wanna go with her but you just let her take us.”
Just then there was rustling on the other side followed by Paige’s voice-“You didn’t fight for us Abbi Why didn’t you fight for us? YOU don’t love us ”
Abbi sat there with her jaw open-“What? NO Paige I couldn’t do anything about it, Paige please of course I love you all ”
Mackenzie was back on the phone-“Mom was right, we were just in the way. That’s why you didn’t fight. You know what, we rather be with her here, than be in YOUR way pop princess.”
With that she hung up the phone leaving Abbi with her mouth still open in shock. She shook her head as she let tears crawl down her face. Leslie sighed-“Abs, please don’t cry. You’re make up won’t stay.” She smiled as she wiped a few tears-“Come on hunny, it’ll be ok, you will come up with something. I know you will.”
Abbi thought for a moment then the brightest idea popped into her head, something she would have to take care of after the show. She was stopped by a radio station to do an interview, seeing how she was in a good mood she allowed them to ask a few questions. Soon she looked at her watch ad realized that they had lost track of time and that everyone was already back at the hotel. She sighed as she called headed over to Nick’s bus, being the only one still left. Once inside she saw a box with a note on it that read: Put this dress on and meet me in our room.
She looked down and opened the box, she slightly lost her balance as the bus started moving. In the box was a short black dress, she smiled as she walked to the bedroom of the bus and began to change. Once she arrived at the hotel, she was stopped by fans for autographs and pictures, then she headed up to her room. As she opened the door, she saw a trail of roses and small candles leading to the balcony. When she arrived at the balcony door Nick stood behind her and whispered-“Close your eyes.” With out turning around or arguing she did as she was told waiting for Nick to lead her into the balcony. He took her hand and slowly walked her out side, she could feel the cool wind hit her face immediately. He softly spoke to her-“With out opening your eyes sit down in this chair.” She felt him push the chair softly to her, she smiled as she sat down. Just then she felt him sit next to her-“Ok you can open your eyes.”
She opened her eyes to reveal the balcony floor with rose petals, candles everywhere, then there was a drape hanging over the balcony so no one could see in, but they could kinda see out into the ocean. There was a small table with dinner and candles with champagne. Abbi looked at Nick and smiled-“Oh Nick it’s beautiful, but what’s the occasion?”
Nick was dressed in a white button up shirt and some khakis-“Shh, you will see in a little bit.”
He stood up and pushed play on the cd player as soft music came on-“May I have this dance?”
She looked at him with a smile as she took his hand and danced with him-“You never seem to stop surprising me Nickolas.”
He laughed as he held her close-“All of this is for me to let you know I am ready.”
She looked at him confused-“Ready? For what?”
He smiled down at her and kissed her softly, then whispered into her mouth-“I love you Abbi.”
Her eyes widened then she lunged into his lips for a passionate kiss, when she came up for air she put her forehead on his-“I love you too Nick!”
He hugged her tightly then pulled away-“Hungry?”