- Text Size +
Abbi sat on the stage putting on her equipment, she switched her mic on and turned to the techie, Drake-“Testing...can you hear me?”
The techie nodded-“Yea, do me a fave Abs, can you sing something to make sure it works?”
Abbi laughed as she turned to Drake-“It’s called soundcheck , I think the girls should sing too, when they get here.”
Drake smiled at her and winked-“Come on Abbi, one song ”
Abbi was about open her mouth when everyone walked in. She shrugged at Drake and turned to the gang-“Finally ”
Darcy glanced behind her-“Yea, well we ran into Richard and he wants us to run through the show, with the dancing.”
Abbi looked behind her and saw their dancers walking in. She groaned as she walked over to the side of the stage and put her shoes on. Richard walked to the front of the stage and sat in a chair, he crossed his arms-“Begin when ready.”
Abbi waited for the girls to get in their place then nodded to the musician. They waited for the musical intro, then behind her ear she heard-“Pst Abbi.”
Abbi recognized the voice immediately,-“What Polly Pocket?”
Sunni ignored the name calling-“Looks like you have a bit of competition.”
Without turning around Abbi whispered-“What are you talking about Sunni?”
Sunni snickered-“Up ahead, behind Richard...is your boy...and the boss’s daughter.”
Abbi looked up and saw them talk, Sabrina was laughing and brushing her hair back. Abbi shook her head-“No hun, I know Nick...I have nothing to worry about.”
Sunni laughed-“Are you sure? Because I seem to remember him coming after me.”
At that moment Abbi missed her cue and the music was stopped, Richard stood up-“Is there a reason why I was just listening to an instrumental version of your song?”
Abbi walked to the end of the stage-“JOHNNY ”
Johnny walked out from behind the curtain-“Yes Princess?” He laughed at his sarcastic remark.
Abbi crossed her arms-“I don’t think that Fetish needs back up dancers. I don’t care if she’s your DAUGHTER or whatever, I don’t want her as our back up. Leave her as back up for the boys but FETISH does not need back up dancers.”
Richard walked on stage and crossed his arm as he stood next to Johnny-“Its more professional to have back up dancers Abbi.”
Sunni smiled at Abbi and raised an eyebrow. Johnny rubbed his face-“Do you girls feel the same?”
Roxi looked around and nodded as the other girls did-“Yes Johnny, there WAY too many females on this stage at once.”
Richard shook his head-“Well I am sorry girls but the back up dancers will stay, it’s a show, we need a good one ”
Johnny looked at Richard and then at Abbi and sighed-“Ok let’s compromise. We will take the female back up dancers off your show BUT you will have male dancers come in. And not the male dancers from the Backstreet show, we will get you your own. How does that sound?”
Sunni’s jaw dropped as she turned to Johnny-“But we won’t be noticed as much if we are just put on Backstreet’s show, we have more stage time with the girls ”
Abbi laughed-“I hate to break it to ya hun, but it’s not about you. It’s about us, and frankly I love the idea.”
Johnny smiled and put his hands together-“GREAT I will have four guys brought here next week and we will start rehearsing on your days off when you film One Tree Hill. But for now, please cope with the female dancers ”
Darcy smiled as she nodded-“Will do Thanks, Johnny you are a doll ”
Abbi put her mic back on and smiled-“Let’s start from the top ”
After the show Abbi put her bags near the door and headed to her bed. Nick came back shortly-“Hey Ace, you ready for tomorrow?”
Abbi nodded as she got under the covers and sighed. Nick sat on the bed and patted her back-“What’s the matter babe?”
She looked up at him-“I think the pressure from tomorrow is crashing down on me, and to top it off...my boyfriend was flirting with big bird.”
Nick laughed hard-“Big Bird? Wait I don’t flirt ”
Abbi looked at him and raised an eyebrow-“You NOT flirt? Yea right Anyways yea big bird, have you seen Sabrina’s nose? It’s HUGE ”
Nick looked at her and shook his head-“Sabrina? Oh babe come on What are you talking about flirting?”
Abbi looked into her pillow and sighed loudly-“What ever I don’t want to talk about big bird anymore.”
Nick laughed as he bent down and kissed the top of her head-“I love you.” Then he got up and headed towards the bathroom. After Nick’s shower, they met Darcy, Roxy, Allie, and Brian in the lobby with their bags. They hoped in a long white bus and headed out to airport to catch the red eye out.
The next day Abbi got dressed up and called Tom-“Are you on your way?”
Tom sighed-“Yea, lets’ do this.”
Abbi nodded as she bit the side of her lip-“Alright I’ll meet you there. Love ya!”