- Text Size +
The court room was not full but not empty, there were three desks set up infront of the judge’s bench. George(Abbi’s dad) was sitting at the far left, Mary(Abbi’s mom) was sitting in the far right table, leaving the middle table available. The judge walked in and sat at her spot-“OK, this is a rare case. This is the first time I have ever seen a THIRD party fighting for custody.”
George looked up at the judge-“Excuse me your honor but did you say third party?”
She nodded and looked over at the tables-“Yes but it seems they are not here yet.”
Just then the doors swung open and in came in a tall young man, with two girls with large floppy hats by his side. They walked up to their table and set down their suit case, The young man spoke-“Sorry we are late your honor, our transportation got a flat and they had to stop and fix it.”
The judge nodded-“Proceed, you have requested to allow your parents to go first?”
One of the young girls removed her hat, making Mary gasp-“Abbi? Tom?”
The other one also removed her hat and turned to George who mouthed-“Roxi?”
The parent representatives argued their points about how the children should go with them be because they had more money and because they were the parents. It seemed to be a fight between just the two of them, that is until Abbi stood up-“Your honor, we are hear for one reason and one reason only. To bring our family together again, just the children. Tom, Roxanne, and I have come up with a marvelous plan to keep the kids happy. WE deserve custody because we can take better care of them than George and Mary. Honestly, they are NEVER home, they are TOO into their jobs. OK here’s the thing, about two or three weeks ago, my siblings came to one of my shows, asking for help. It turns out that our parents did nothing but fight all the time, or work all the time. There was never anyone home anymore to watch over the little ones and they ended up having to eat fast food every day. Your honor do you have children?” The judge nodded, so Abbi continued-“And don’t you want them to be happy? Well my little brothers and sisters are NOT happy with neither George OR Mary, they were happy with us. It wasn’t until my mom came to me with the law by her side and tore that happiness away from them, leaving me helpless, that I decided to take action and try to get custody.”
George’s lawyer stood up-“OBJECTION YOUR HONOR!” The judge nodded letting her speak-“These young ladies are in a group called Fetish, they are touring will have LESS time to be with the children than George OR Mary would. How does that make it better for them.”
Abbi glanced over at her and shook her head-“For starters, they are happy wether or not we are around 24/7, they just want to be away from them! And another thing is, Tom, Wendy(His wife), Roxanne and I have come to an agreement, we will buy a house where ever this kids want and pay for it. Tom and Wendy will be with them. Wendy is expecting so she is going to be an at home mom, meaning that there will always be someone there to care for the kids WE will also pay for their education, private schools and colleges so that they may continue studying. And on top of that, we will be sending a check every week to help out with what ever they need. These children will be finally living a happy life.” Abbi turned and smiled at the front row behind the small gate at her siblings. They were all excited to see that she, in fact, was fighting for them.
The judge took her glasses off and rubbed her eyes,-“We are going to take a 30 minute recess before I come back with my decision.”
Roxi hugged Abbi-“That was great! See once again, YOU should be a lawyer!”
Tom hugged both girls-“You two are something else you know that!”
Mary walked up furiously-“What are you thinking? You can’t do this! You are not in this battle!”
Abbi crossed her arms-“This isn’t a battle mom, it’s your children! IT’s their future! We are here because we believe that WE can do this, these kids are gonna be the happiest kids ever, just you wait!” After a few minutes the judge was back, every one took their seats.
She asked the three parties to standup-“In the case of the 9 children, I hereby grant ALL custody to Thomas, Abygail, and Roxanne. Case dismissed!”
Abbi jumped up and hugged Tom and Roxi then turned and hugged the rest of the kids. They all got up and started cheering, Nick and Brian walked up and also hugged them.