- Text Size +
Just then, as if on cue Sabrina walked up-“Nick we need to talk!”
He didn’t turn to look at her-“Not now, I’m kind of in the middle of something.” He reached across and grabbed Abbi’s hands-“Abbi, forgive me please. I can’t live without you, you are my everything. It’s not even so much that we aren’t together, it’s that I can’t live with myself after the pain you are going through.”
Sabrina seemed to be panicking-“Nick, please it’s important!”
He ignored her and continued looking into Abbi’s eyes. She had such sincerity and such love for him showing in her eyes. Their eyes were locked in a passionate stare, she whispered “Nick.”
Sabrina grabbed Nick’s arm-“Nick I’m pregnant!”
Abbi’s eyes widened, the love and compassion that were in her eyes were replaced by anger. She pulled her hands away from Nick, whose eyes were welling up with tears. Neither one of them looking at Sabrina. His breathing was starting to get faster along with his heart beat. He shook his head and tried to reach for her hands again-“No…Abbi please wait!”
She got up, grabbed Darcy’s hand and walked to the elevator. Once inside she collapsed on the floor and cried into her arms. Darcy was the first to speak-“Abbi I am so sorry. I can’t believe that skank had the audacity to come out and tell him right there where you were!”
Abbi shook her head and cried hard. Meanwhile, Nick sat at the table still staring into the empty space where she was sitting. Sabrina touched his arm-“Nick…say something.”
He didn’t look at her,-“Are you sure? Did you take a test?”
Sabrina got up and sat across from him-“Yes I took a test, but I would feel better if I had a blood test. Will you go with me?”
He shook his head-“I can’t. I can’t be seen at those places Sabrina, the media will go crazy! They will have it all over the magazines and then they will be questioning Abbi, I can’t do that to her.”
Sabrina’s jaw dropped-“What? You wouldn’t go see if I am carrying your baby because of her? You have got to let her go, Nick. It’s over now; you have to concentrate on the bigger issue here!”
He looked into her eyes for the first time-“I am NEVER going to let her go, got that?” He got up and walked over to the elevator, he called AJ immediately stepping into the elevator.
Roxi and Allie met up in Abbi’s room to comfort their friend. Soon there was a knock on the door; Allie went over to get it-“Ashley…what’s up?”
Ashley smiled enthusiastically-“I have some great news for you girls! It’s a wonderful opportunity!”
Abbi sat up-“Good, I am in desperate need for good news!”
Ashley smiled and nodded-“Come on, there is a meeting in Brian’s room that we need to attend.”
The girls got up and headed over there. Abbi wore sun glasses and sat next to Derrick whom she dragged to the meeting when she ran into him in the hall. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, once again not knowing about Sabrina’s pregnancy, sensing that she was in pain. He kissed her forehead-“Derrick, why did you have to be gay?”
He laughed and shook his head, but turned to Ashley who had started the meeting-“Hey guys, I have great news. I have booked you ALL to sing at the Oscars.”
Kevin crossed his arms over his chest-“How is that possible? They only do performances from films.”
Ashley smirked at Kevin-“If you let me finish then you would understand.” They all laughed and looked at Kevin as he had just gotten “Burned.” Ashley continued-“There will be four performances, you will be paired, except one girl gets two boys. We have matched up each of you, with the voices that go together. Howie you will be doing Hairspray with Allie and AJ. Brian you will be in West Side Story with Roxi. Darcy you are doing Chicago with Kevin.” Abbi groaned, louder than she had intended to. Nick didn’t even turn to look at her; he knew that’s why she groaned. Ashley continued-“Abbi, you and Nick will be doing Grease. I’m sorry but your voices are perfect for the part and perfect with each other.”
Abbi nodded-“No no, I understand. You gotta do what you gotta do.”
Ashley proceeded and looked at the rest of the gang-“Ok, well rehearsals start tomorrow morning, you will each be in a studio whether it be practicing the songs, or dancing.”
The meeting ended and the girls headed out. Derrick smiled-“What great news, huh Abbi?”
She dropped on her couch, and sighed-“Why is everything going wrong today?” She put her hands over her head covering her eyes.
Derrick’s phone rang, after talking to the person on the other line for a while he smiled-“Well I have some good news for you.”
She removed her hands-“What’s that?”
He grabbed her hand and pulled her up-“We are picking up my cousin that is in for a few days at the airport!”
She looked at him confusingly-“Excuse me? Why would I want to spend my afternoon picking up your cousin? I love ya Derrick but not that much.”
He smirked as he got her coat-“See, I caught you watching Employee of the month.”
She nodded and laughed-“What does that have anything to do with?” He pulled her to the door, she walked to her purse and fake gasped-“Your cousin is Dane Cook!”
She laughed at herself but stopped when she looked at Derrick’s face. Her jaw dropped, he put his hand on her chin and closed it-“Yea my cousin is Dane Cook. It was going to be a surprise but I’m glad he showed up today to give you some cheering up!”
She clenched her purse-“OH MY GOSH!!! AAAAAA!!!! Are you serious? I love him!!!”
Derrick put his hand on her back and gently pushed her to the door-“Wow, yes…now that I’m deaf lets get going.”
She stopped-“I can’t go meet Dane Cook like this! I have to change!” She turned and ran to her room slamming the door behind her.
Derrick sighed loudly-“Fine, let me call my brother and tell him we will be late!”
She opened the door and poked her head out-“Derrick! You didn’t tell me that you had a brother? Is he older or younger? Is he hott?”
He smirked at her-“We are twins, his name is Vince.”
She smirked-“Identical? Interesting! Now I gotta look extra hott!” She closed the door, then opened it again-“Wait…is he gay too?”
Derrick waited for his brother to answer-“Will you just get changed please!”