- Text Size +
Abbi waited patiently for Derrick, he spoke with his brother trying to figure out what door they were to wait for them. She wore a hoody over her head, so she wouldn’t be recognized. Her hands we shaking, she was nervous, Derrick put his arm around her shoulder and walked in with her. They stood by door 53 waiting, then someone walked up from behind them and jumped on Derrick’s back-“What’s up little brother!”
Abbi was startled, then confused-“Wait…you said you were twins!”
Derrick pushed Vince off and dusted himself off-“We ARE twins, I was just born 30 seconds after Vince…he just can’t let that go!”
Vince smiled and put his hand on Abbi’s shoulder-“Yep, 30 seconds is still BEFORE you! So who is this?”
Before Derrick could answer, Dance came up from behind wrapped his arm around Abbi’s shoulder pulling her hoodie down-“Woah! I’m sorry, I thought you were Derrick!”
She just about melted in his arm, she nodded, blushing then turned to Derrick who smirked-“Guys, this is Abbi. She is my dance partner, well I’m her dance partner. She’s in Fetish.”
Without removing his arm around her shoulder Dance smiled-“Hi, I’m Dane Cook. Fetish huh?”
She smiled cheesily, then shook her head as if shaking the stupidity he caused. Luckily he hadn’t seen her attempt to shake this feeling off because he had turned to Derrick. Vince stuck his hand out to Abbi-“I’m Derrick’s brother, Vince.”
They walked to the rental then headed to the hotel. Dane was performing that night, and he got all four girls, Derrick, and Vince front row tickets. The girls were quite excited to see him, and meet him afterwards. He did a couple of jokes, the girls laughed hysterically at the Catholic jokes, since they were devoted Catholics.
The next day, Abbi was at rehearsals with Ryan, he had split up the rehearsals by performances. Abbi had gotten there before hand to talk to Derrick about how incredibly cute his brother was. Derrick frowned-“Hun, he is my twin.”
She smirked-“Baby you are VERY hot, but when we found out you were gay…it was like damn!”
He blushed and smiled shyly-“Wow really?”
Abbi bit her bottom lip-“Aww Derrick, are you blushing?”
Just then Nick walked into the rehearsal studio-“Hey Ryan, let’s get started.”
Ryan was at the stereo organizing the music from Grease-“Uh, is we all here?”
Derrick hopped up, then helped Abbi up who dusted her pants-“Yep, we were only waiting on Nick, as usual.”
Nick looked at her and sighed-“Yea, I over slept.”
Abbi raised her eyebrows are Derrick who laughed silently. Ryan began the rehearsals with the Grease intro, but was then followed by the Summer Nights song which required Nick to sing about Abbi but also glance at other girls. As Ryan was explaining to Nick how he was to do it, Abbi scoffed-“OH Ryan…he’s dick…he KNOWS how to check out other women.” Ryan looked at Abbi then at Nick who just absorbed her attacks. About two hours later they took a short break, then began again. Ryan grabbed four girls-“Ok, Pink ladies, I need you over here with Zucko and the T-Birds.”
Abbi crossed her arms-“Don’t let Rizzo too close to Danny…he might run off with her.”
Nick dropped the lyric sheet and turned to Abbi-“OK you know what that’s enough!” Abbi was startled by his outburst, he continued-“Are you going to keep this up? I can’t take your smart ass remarks every day!”
Abbi grew angrier-“Hold on! I know you are not talking to me like this after everything you have done!”
He groaned and rolled his eyes-“Are you still hung up on that? You have to let that go, it was mistake and it is over with! MOVE ON!”
Abbi’s eyes grew wide-“DROP IT? YOU CHEATED ON ME AND GOT THE GIRL PREGNANT, TELL ME NICK HOW DO I GET OVER THAT!” Just then, there were multiple flashes of lights and mumbling. Abbi recognize the flashes as cameras and groaned as she turned to see two reporters that had snuck into the studio.
Ryan ran over to them and pushed them out-“You are not allowed to be here! Ashley! We need this taken care of!” Ashley nodded and walked over to the door where the reporters were kicked out.
Nick knew that this story was soon going to be posted in the magazines, his reputation would be hurt. Abbi put her hand on her forehead and sighed-“I can’t drop that. I can’t wait for the end of the month.”
Nick looked down at his feet-“What happens at the end of the month?”
Abbi looked at him-“Sabrina starts her act, and Fetish leaves the tour to star in their own show.”
Nick looked up at her-“What? No Abbi you can’t.”
She put her hand up, to quiet him-“Save it Nick, because it is thanks to your brilliant idea that Sabrina should enter our tour that made Fetish make a unanimous decision on leaving the tour.” He started to say something but she turned to Ryan-“Hey Ryan, maybe we should split the rehearsals. Nick gets some time then I get separate time. We’ll put it all together at the end.”
Ryan sighed as he walked over to them-“If that’s what you want Abs, I want you to be comfortable.”
She nodded-“yea, that’s what I want. Can you start with him? I need to lie down.” He nodded at her then looked at Nick who stood there and didn’t know what to say.
Abbi went to the mirror and picked up her bag. Then walked out of the room with Ashley-“Can you believe him?”
Ashley shook her head-“I now this isn’t the best time, but the reporters heard everything. You can’t tell them they didn’t hear what was clearly heard.”
Abbi nodded as they got into the limo, she sighed as she put her head in her hands-“Why? Why me? Ashley…what did I do to deserve all this? Huh?”
Ashley put her arm around Abbi’s shoulder and patted her back-“Nothing Abbi, you didn’t do anything. You don’t deserve any of this…this is all a cloud of rain that is passing by.”
Abbi looked at her and raised an eyebrow-“Passing by? Shoot this cloud is sitting over me and chilling…it is not going anywhere!”
When they arrived at the hotel, Abbi headed towards her room but was stopped by non other than Dane-“Hey, Abbi!” She stopped and smiled at him as he walked out-“I thought you would be at rehearsals for a while?”
Abbi shook her head-“Nope, had a small dispute with a companion, so we split the rehearsal. I will be back in later though. What’s up?”
He nodded as he took in the information then held out his bent arm-“Well then, shall we go for lunch? I know this great place where I get free food!”
Abbi laughed as she hooked her arm around his-“Sounds delicious!”
He stopped-“Hmm, I don’t think they will allow dirty sweaty Abbi into the restaurant.”
She gasped-“Let me run upstairs and shower quickly! 10 minutes I promise!”
He laughed as he watched her run to the elevator. Vince walked up to him-“What are you doing Dane?”
Dane turned to look at him and smirked-“What are you talking about Vince? I am standing here…why does it look like I am doing something else?”
Vince punched his cousin on the arm-“Shut up! I mean what are you doing today?”
Dane pretended catch on to what he was saying-“Oh ok, I see. I am going out to eat with Abbi in a little bit, then bringing her back so she can go to rehearsals. Is that ok? I mean I gotta run my schedule by you and all.”
Vince shook his head-“Man, you are one sarcastic mother f-“
He was cut off by Roxi who ran up to them-“What’s up guys! Hi Dane.”
He smiled and hugged her-“Hey Roxi! How are you?”
She smiled bashfully-“I am good, you?”
He nodded-“Can’t complain…I’m actually pretty happy because your sister just agreed to go to lunch with me.”
Roxi frowned-“I thought Abbi was at rehearsals?”
He shook his head-“Nope, she came home early, something about a small dispute with a companion.”
She sighed, knowing who the companion was and that it was probably no small dispute. She nodded and started walking towards the elevator backwards-“Ok, well I better check to see if she’s ok.” She waved then turned to walked away, but stopped-“Hey have you guys seen Darcy?”
Both guys shook their heads. Roxi nodded and got in the elevator, and pushed her floor button. When she reached her floor Abbi was walking out of her room-“Hey you! What’s this I hear about you and a small dispute?”
Abbi put her hotel key into her small hand bag-“Nothing, me and Nick had an argument, but it’s ok. I promise to tell you all about it later. Right now I have Dance Cook waiting for me downstairs. Ha I never thought I would say that!”
Roxi laughed as she headed to her room-“OHHH Why not me!” They both giggled at their spoof of Dane’s joke. Roxi stopped-“Have you seen Darcy?”
Abbi stopped and thought for a while then shook her head-“Nope.”
She got to Dane and he pretended his heart stopped-“Oh wow, you look great for someone who got ready in” He stopped and looked at his watch-“11 minutes!”
Abbi blushed-“Aw thanks hunny!”
He put his had on the bottom of her back-“Ready?” She nodded and they walked out of the hotel.
The next morning, Abbi sat in the lobby looking through her song book. Just then two magazines plopped down infront of her. STAR magazine had a picture of Abbi yelling at Nick with BIG yellow letters “YOU CHEATED ON ME!” Abbi groaned as she looked at Ashley who was standing in front of her-“Oh it gets better!”
The second magazine had a picture of her and Dane at lunch with red letters “ABBI MOVING ON?” She groaned even louder-“GREAT! Because my life wasn’t complicated enough!”
Ashley shook her head-“I’m sorry hun, but you knew it was going to happen!”
Abbi looked through the magazine-“Yea but not so soon!”
He sat on the other side of the lobby watching her behind his book. She looked like she was in distress. Sadness was bursting out of her eyes. She shook her head and ran her hand through her hair, he watched as strand by strand fell into place. He sighed as he picked up his book and stood up-“Soon enough, you will be mine.” He walked away as, Roxi walked up to them, she was pulling on her finger nervously-“Have you seen Darcy? I haven’t seen her since yesterday. She didn’t come home!”