- Text Size +
Abbi looked at her watch; they had called Darcy about a thousand times each time getting no answer. Abbi told Brian to call the police-“Brian, Darcy would not disappear on her own free will. We have a concert tonight!”
Brian nodded and looked at his own watch-“OK we have two hours before the concert; we should be at sound check. Maybe she went straight there? You want to call and check?”
Roxi opened her phone-“I will.” While she waited for an answer she turned to Brian-“So, if she doesn’t show up today we are canceling tonight’s show right? OH hello? Hi this is Roxanne from Fetish, I was wondering if Darcy had come in for sound check yet? No? Hmm, ok thank you.”
Abbi turned to Brian who was looking at Roxi-“Of course you cancel the concert Roxi; it’s too late for us to cancel ours. The cops will need 24 hours before you call and make a report.”
Allie turned to Abbi-“Do you want me to try her cell phone again? Or maybe I could call Marc! He might have surprised her last night and she hasn’t gotten off of cloud 9 yet.”
Abbi nodded to Allie, she was starring off into an empty space in the wall. She wondered where her best friend could be. Brian put his hand on her shoulder-“She’s fine Abbi, she is probably off with her boyfriend.”
Howie came down to where they were sitting in the lobby. By the looks on their faces, he knew something was wrong-“What’s going on?”
Brian sighed after studying his cousin’s expressions-“Dacry is missing, she didn’t come back to her room last night and well, she hasn’t been here all day. She doesn’t answer her cell phone; we have no clue where she could possibly be.”
Allie put her phone down, her eyebrows raised in concern-“Her cell phone has been turned off.”
Roxi swirled to face Allie-“WHAT? Are you sure??”
Allie nodded as she looked around at everyone’s faces-“Yes, I called Marc, and he said he was in New York but to let him know as soon as they find her. He also said he would keep trying her cell phone. Then I decided to call her again, and this time it went straight to her voice mail. She has her phone with her, but just turned it off!”
She looked at her watch, it had been exactly 24 hours since Roxi first realized she was gone-“Now can we call the cops?”
Brian looked at her, nodded and while he walked to the front desk so that they could call the local police. Howie turned to Abbi-“I’m going to get Kevin, Nick, and AJ. This is serious; we might need to cancel our show tonight.”
Abbi grabbed Howie’s hand right above his wrist-“No, It’s too late to cancel. You will just upset the fans, let the police handle Darcy.”
Allie was pacing now, angrily-“OOooh when I get my hands on Darcy I will kick her so hard! What was she thinking?”
Nick walked in to the hotel, he had been at rehearsals. He saw Abbi talking to Howie, immediately noticing the panic in her eyes. He walked up-“Abbi, what’s wrong?”
She turned to face him, then looked down-“Darcy is missing, she has been gone since last night.”
His eyes lit up in concern-“Oh man, are you ok?” She crossed her arms and nodded. He put his hands up-“If you need someone to talk to I’m here. Or anything at all, you can call me.”
She groaned-“Nick, why don’t you worry about finding Darcy. I’m a big girl, I’ll be fine.”
She walked over to the counter where Brian was on the phone. Nick stood there with his hands on his waist and sighed as he headed towards the elevator. Howie pat his back and whispered something to him.
Derrick walked out of the elevator, immediately walking to Abbi. She walked over to him passing Nick up and wrapped her arms around his neck-“Oh Derrick, Darcy is missing and we have no idea where she is!”
He hugged her back-“Woah, slow down Abbi, Darcy is missing?”
She nodded as she pulled back-“She has been gone since last night, Roxi said she didn’t come back to their hotel!”
Derrick wrapped his arm around her shoulder, his stomach turned, as he watched Abbi’s eyes start to water. She put her face in his chest as she shook her head. Nick stood in front of the elevator waiting for it to come down; he glanced back and saw Derrick holding Abbi. He walked into the elevator and closed his eyes, wishing it was him out there holding Abbi in her time of need. He called AJ and waited for him to pick up-“Hey man, have you heard the news?”
AJ sounded sleepy on the other line-“Nope, what news?”
Nick sighed-“Apparently Darcy is missing, she hasn’t been seen all day.”
AJ’s emotion notably changed in his voice-“What? How? What do you mean missing?”
Nick got off on his floor-“Yea, Abbi was downstairs with everyone else talking about it when I walked up and they told me. I was shocked.”
Nick saw AJ step out of his room, with his phone on his hand. AJ sighed and closed his phone-“I gotta go talk to Allie.” He watched Nick nod and walk into his room. He ran to the elevator, desperately pushing the button with the arrow pointing down. Once it was open, he jumped in and waited for it to close and take him to his girlfriend. Allie sat at the table, looking down; she lifted her head and saw him coming. She stood up as he walked over and wrapped his arms around her-“What is going on? Why didn’t anyone tell me about Darcy?”
Roxi sighed-“I don’t know, maybe because we didn’t think about it.”
Abbi turned to Roxi and shook her head-“We didn’t want to alarm anyone until we were sure that she was missing and not just out with her bf.”
AJ raised his eyebrows-“And? Have you figured anything out?”
Allie touched his arm lightly-“We called her cell phone tons of times, letting it ring until it went to her voicemail. Then we called again and it went straight to her voicemail.”
AJ’s forehead wrinkled as he grew worried-“What does that mean?”
Brian walked up, entering the conversation-“That means that someone has her phone, and turned it off. The cops are on their way, to investigate while others will be looking for her on the streets. We need to head to our concert; you girls stay in your rooms…in case you hear from her. We are canceling interviews after the show so that we can head straight here.” He looked at his watch and nodded-“Yep we need to head off.” He leaned down kissing Abbi and Roxi on the cheek-“I’ll be back, k?”
The girls nodded, Derrick remained with his arm around Abbi’s shoulder. AJ kissed Allie and hugged her-“Go get some rest baby; I will see you in a bit ok?” She nodded and kissed him again. Then watched him leave, she felt the corners of her mouth being pulled down into a frown. Abbi went over and hugged Allie, then was joined by Roxi. The three girls stood there holding each other, letting the tears of fear roll out.
Later on that night, the girls sat in Kevin’s hotel room. They figured that it would be better to sit there, since the guys would be heading there after the show. Roxi was sitting outside on the balcony, Allie was on a couch, and Derrick was on the love seat with Ashley. Abbi was in the kitchen making tea to calm everyone nerves. The cops were downstairs, questioning quests and staff. It was midnight, the guys show was over, and the boys should be heading over already. The room was quiet, Allie got up and started pacing back and forth, she was picking at her nails. Abbi came around with the tea and gave everyone their cups. She then took her own cup and sat on the couch where Allie was sitting at one point. The cup itself was hot; Abbi looked down into the tea mesmerized by the steam floating out. She was worried about Darcy, not realizing that she was speaking out loud-“Oh where is she?”
Ashley shook her head, and yawned, she was about to answer when the door opened. Kevin walked in and looked around-“I see the cops are investigating now.”
Roxi turned and nodded-“Yes, they are questioning the guests and the staff, asking if and when they saw her.”
Brian nodded and sat on the arm rest of the chair Abbi was sitting on. AJ walked over and held Allie stopping her pacing. Nick stood in the kitchen, looking for a drink. Just then there was a knock on the door, Kevin went to it opening the door to reveal a police officer-“Hello sir, did you discover something new?”
The police walked in removing his hat, nodding to the ladies-“I’m sorry to bother you so late Mr. Richardson, but we have just developed a suspect.”
Abbi stood up and put her hands together as if praying-“Oh good, who?”
The police took a deep breath-“Mr. McLean could you come to the station to be questioned?”
Allie wrapped her arms around his waist-“What? Alex? Why?”
AJ stood silently looking at the police officer. The cop looked at Allie-“I’m sorry Miss, but some of the guest and staff last saw Darcy leaving the hotel with Mr. McLean. She left with him, then about an hour and a half, he returned alone. She has not returned since, therefore he is now a suspect.”
Allie turned to AJ, releasing her grip on him and backing away. Abbi narrowed her eyes on AJ-“Alex? Tell me this is not true, why didn’t you tell us?”
AJ turned to Abbi and saw the look in her eyes. Then he turned to Allie who was frowning and shaking her head, he took a step towards her-“No…no listen we don’t have to go to the station, I want them to hear the story. Yea I went out with Darcy yesterday, we went out to lunch to talk things over because things were very tense between us. See officer she is my ex-girlfriend, I know this isn’t helping my case but you have to believe me. In the middle of lunch we get into an argument, and she gets up and leaves. I sit at the restaurant for about 15 minutes then decide to get up and look for her. I had to cool down because I didn’t want to make it bigger, when I went towards the hotel I couldn’t find her. I figured she hauled a cab over and headed to the mall or something. I didn’t see her after that, when I found out she was missing I felt really horrible because of how we left off. I didn’t mention seeing her because I knew this would happen, you guys would suspect of me!”
Allie looked at the police, then back at AJ…she pushed through them and headed to her own hotel room. Abbi watched Allie leave-“Allie wait…ugh. So what now? You have his statement, check it out with the restaurant!”
The officer hesitated then nodded-“We will contact you in the morning. We suggest everyone gets some rest.”
AJ turned to Abbi-“Thank you Abbi.”
She turned to him-“You should have told us AJ.”
He sighed-“I know, but I didn’t think it was relevant, I figured she had been back by then. I better go check on Allie.” He walked out of the room and headed into his. He opened the door and she was already in bed, he sat on the other side-“Allie, what’s wrong?” She sat in silence, she was awake, he knew it but ignoring him-“Allie talk to me, this isn’t fair I didn’t do anything.”
She swirled around startling him-“NO you wanna know what’s not fair? My boyfriend going out to eat with his ex-girlfriend, who happens to be one of my best friends. Now she is missing! How am I suppose to feel Alex? You didn’t tell me about your lunch date with Darcy.”
He was astonished-“What are you saying Allie? Are you jealous?”
This time she was surprised, she shook her head grabbed her coat and walked out of the room. AJ dropped on the bed and groaned loudly.
The next morning, Abbi woke up to very loud knocking on her door-“ALLIE! ALLIE LET ME IN!”
Abbi shook her head-“What the hell?” She walked up to the door and opened it-“AJ? What the hell is your deal?”
He stormed in, looking around-“I know she is here Abbi, where is she?”
Abbi rubbed her eyes and looked at him-“What are you talking about? Who?”
He turned to face her-“What? Allie, we got into an argument list night and she left the room, I figured she came here. She didn’t come here?”
Abbi shook her head-“No. What? Do you mean she’s missing too?”