- Text Size +
About a minute after her scream there was banging on the door to her room. Nick was yelling through the door-“ABBI! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?”
She ran to the door and opened it leaping into Nick’s arms, not really realizing it was him-“Roxi…my computer!” She couldn’t get what she was trying to say out, at least not in full sentences. Brian ran in followed by Kevin, AJ, Derrick, Vince, Ashley, Landon, and Howie. She turned away from Nick and looked at Brian sobbing uncontrollably while still trying to speak.
Brian grabbed her shoulders and lightly shook her-“What is wrong? ABBI! Calm down and tell us what is wrong!”
She stopped talking and tried to calm down, taking deep breaths that we interrupted by a sob. Finally she looked at Brian-“Last night I was a little intoxicated. I remember closing my computer, going to Roxi’s room to apologize because we had gotten into a fight. When I came back I closed my door, locked it, and crashed on my bed. This morning I woke up and saw my computer opened with Roxi’s phone hooked up to it. I turned it on and there were pictures on there, which had been downloaded to my computer.” She felt her chin start to tremble again so she put her hand to her mouth.
Kevin spun her around to face him-“Pictures of what Abbi?”
She kept her hand to her mouth, afraid that if she removed it, she would break down into another uncontrollable sob. She pointed to where her computer was sitting. Howie walked over there and sat in front of the computer-“Guys, you might wanna come look at this and call the police.”
Everyone went over to her computer and started going through the photos that had been uploaded. They were pictures of the three girls, tied up and blind folded. Some were pictures of the individual girls, some were grouped. All the pictures were set up with black background; there were no clues that would say where these pictures were taken.
Derrick walked over to her after viewing the pictures with everyone else. He wrapped his arms around her holding her as she took comfort in him. He started to rub her back, as she began to shake in fear. Her chin was trembling; she looked up at Derrick-“I closed the door! It was locked…that means he was here when I was asleep. He was here the whole time; I don’t wanna be here anymore! I don’t wanna be here anymore!” She began panicking, shaking her head frantically. She turned to Brian-“I can’t stay here by myself, please don’t make be stay here alone!”
Kevin walked over to her and pulled her in a hug holding her tightly to calm her down-“Of course you won’t be alone! There will be someone with you at every moment.”
Derrick nodded as he softly held her arm-“I will be here, the whole day if you want me to.” Nick watched from the other side of the room, he bit the inside of his cheek, wondering whether he should extend his offer to also stay with her. He shook his head as he held back that urge, fearing rejection. Ashley sat on the couch, messing with her fingers; she had called the police shortly after seeing the pictures. There was a knock on the door, Nick being the closest one to the door, opened it let the two same police officers in. He watched them head over to Brian and Abbi where they were pulled to the side and began talking quietly. She took them to her computer and showed the police the photos. One of the police officers called the investigator that had taken on this case and asked him to come up to the room. Kevin walked over to Nick, putting a hand on his shoulder-“Hey man, listen I know you and Abbi haven’t been seeing things eye to eye lately but I need you to keep an eye out for her. Everyone is going to be watching her, its just that if she does end up in your area, just watch her.”
Nick nodded and glanced over at where she was sitting-“Yea of course.” He watched her stare at the pictures infront of her; he looked for clues on her face to what she was thinking. There was a glaze over her eyes as she stared, almost as if she was some where else but her body was left here. She didn’t even flinch when there was another hard knock on the door. Kevin opened it this time introducing himself to the investigator, then allowing the investigator to introduce himself-“Hello all, my name is Detective Beetermann I have taken on this case in hope to find the two missing girls.”
The young police officer cleared his throat-“Uh, Detective you might want to take a look at this.” He pointed to the computer; Abbi finally came back when there was a soft touch on her shoulder. She was in the way and was gently motioned to move to her left.
Det. Beetermann looked at the screen through the pictures, and then took his classes of-“DAMMIT! Three girls now? This person knows exactly what he is doing and it looks like he is not going to stop until he gets it done.” He was angry, shaking his head as he looked around at everyone. He sighed-“Some one explain to me HOW this last young lady was abducted!” Brian took went over and started telling him the whole situation. The Detective nodded, then turned to Abbi and sat next to her-“You say that you have locked the door to your room before falling asleep last night.”
She sat motionless for a few seconds, before turning to him slowly as if trying to process what he was asking her-“Yes sir.”
He nodded then put his glasses back on, he shook his head-“So the perpetrator was inside the room the whole time.”
She looked concerned at Brian, who put a comforting arm around her shoulder-“Yes which is why we are deciding to have someone with her at all times. Including at night, we could take shifts staying awake watching over her.”
Once more the detective nodded in agreement. He then turned to Abbi once more-“There are only four members of Fetish, correct?” She nodded, he turned to the laptop-“May I take this computer, along with the phone for further investigation in a room we have reserved in the floor below?”
Kevin walked over nodding-“Of course! Take it with you, anything else Detective?”
Beetermann sighed as he stood up and started packing up the lap top-“No that is it; we will come to you if anything is discovered. For now keep an eye on her.”
Everyone nodded and thanked him. Brian stood up-“Ok guys, lets let Abbi rest for now.”
Derrick stood up-“I’ll stay with her Brian.” Brian looked at him then at Abbi who now was staring at the floor. Derrick put a hand on Brian’s shoulder-“Don’t worry Brian; I’ll take care of her. I would risk my life to save her.”
Brian nodded then walked over to Abbi and kneeled infront of her-“Hey Abs, how ya doing?” She stared right past him in silence, he continued-“I will be down the hall if you need anything hun…ok?” Still in silence, Brian kissed her forehead and got up, leading everyone out of the room.
Once everyone was out, Derrick went over to her-“hey babes, we are gonna get through this ok?” She looked down at her hands, he wrapped his arms around her-“Why don’t you go shower? I will be here in the living room with you the whole time. Ok?” She didn’t move, she sat in that same position. He sighed as he picked her face up-“Abbi, go shower…I will be here. I’m not leaving.”
She nodded and got up heading to her room. After drying herself, she started changing in her clothes. Thoughts started to flood her mind, her last conversation with Roxi was spinning in her head. She was so frustrated with herself, mainly for letting Roxi walk out of that room. She picked up her pillows and started throwing them. The she picked up a lamp and flung it across the room. Derrick sat in the living room messaging someone on his phone when her heard the commotion. He ran into her room surprised to see her anger portrayed like that. He grabbed the cord phone from her hands and pulled her into a tight hug. She broke down in a loud sob into his shoulder. He sat down on the bed bringing her down with him, she cried into his chest for what seemed like hours. She had curled up in his arms and cried herself to sleep. After a few hours, she woke up surprisingly refreshed in need of some food. She turned to Derrick who was asleep and nudged him-“Derrick…Derrick wake up!”
He stirred and opened his eyes, blinking a few times to get them unstuck-“What’s wrong?”
She shook her head-“I’m hungry, how about you?”
He thought for a moment then smiled-“Yea, you wanna order or you wanna go down to the restaurant.”
She sighed and started getting up-“I want to go down there, I need to get out of this room.”
He nodded as he extended his hand out for her to hold. She smiled wearily and took it, then held on to his arm with the other hand. They walked to the elevator and stood there silently. He didn’t know what to say to her, there wasn’t much he could say. Therefore they just sat in silence as the elevator arrived on their floor. The humming of the elevator was hypnotizing; her thoughts were starting to wander off as she listened intently. When they arrived, they headed straight for the restaurant. She looked at the menu and pondered about what she was craving. Then she spotted the Hawaiian pizza and immediately knew her decision. The waiter came by and took they drink orders and since they had already picked what they wanted to eat, he took their food orders also. Abbi looked out the window, suddenly realizing that she had not stepped outside all day. She felt like she needed some air so she turned to Derrick-“Hey hun, I’m going to step outside for a little bit. I will be right back.”
He stood up and grabbed his phone that had started ringing-“You want me to come with?”
She shook her head-“No it’s ok, I will be fine. You answer that phone call and I will be back shortly.”
He nodded and answered his phone taking his seat again. Abbi walked to the door and stood outside for a bit, she went over to a wall and leaned back on it. It had not been more than three minutes when a reporter walked up to her and started asking questions-“Abbi! Where are the other girls? There are rumors that they are missing?”
Abbi was startled by the sudden intrusion. She shook her head-“No, the girls are fine…they are just sick.”
Another reporter came up and started asking also-“Well, we heard they had been kidnapped. Who would do such a thing?”
Abbi once more shook her head. Before she could six more reporters surrounded her-“Do you think they are still alive?” “Could this be a ransom thing?” “Have they contacted you?” “Why is it that you are still here? How come you weren’t taken?” Abbi could not answer; she was speechless to their comments. She began to panic, looking around at each face. Just then someone pushed through the crowd and stood in front of her. Blocking the photographers from taking pictures-“That is enough!”
Abbi looked up, immediately recognizing the back of Nick’s head, she whispered-“Nick.”
He stood firmly against the mob of reporters-“Considering the situation that Abbi is in, this is considered harassment. If you do not back up now, I will be forced to call the police.” The mob stopped asking questions and began to back up. He turned around and looked at Abbi-“Are you ok?”
She looked into his eyes-“Yes thank you.”
He lead her to the hotel with a soft hand on her lower back-“What are you doing out here alone?”
She shook her head-“No, I wasn’t alone. I was eating in the restaurant with Derrick when I felt like I needed air. I didn’t even see those people out there.”
Nick walked her over to the table Derrick was at-“Hey man, I think it would be better to pack this stuff up and take it upstairs. Abbi was just mobbed by some reporters.”
Derrick stood up and looked at Abbi-“Are you serious? Abs…are you ok? You wanna head upstairs?”
She nodded and moved a strand of hair from her face-“Yes I’m ok. I guess it would be a better idea to head up stairs.”
Derrick looked at his watch-“Abs…My mom is heading in tonight from Denver. I told her I would pick her up at the airport…you wanna come with me?”
She hesitated-“No, I rather stay here incase we hear some news. Thank you though.”
He bit his lip-“If you want I will call Vince and ask him to pick her up.”
She shook her head and put her hands up-“No no, you pick your momma up. I will be fine.”
Nick shook his head-“No Abbi, you are not allowed to be alone. It is too risky…Markus can stay with you. I’m gonna be with Brian tonight, so I won’t need a bodyguard.”
Abbi looked at Nick-“I appreciate that, but it will be weird with Markus in my room the whole time. I have nothing to talk about with him!”
Nick laughed and shook his head-“No silly, I’ll tell him to sit outside your room after inspecting it.”
She shook her head-“Oh no no no, I don’t want him to be bored, because of me!”
Nick shook his head this time-“Oh nonsense, he just got this game on Nintendo DS and he is all into it. He will be more than happy to sit there and play his game instead of following me around all day. It’s ok; you need him more than I do.”
She finally gave in-“Fine, you win. Lets go ahead and head over there.” She picked up her food that had been wrapped up and paid for. Then she walked over to Derrick and hugged him-“Thank you for taking care of me today. See you later.”
He hugged her back and rubbed her back-“No problem baby. Call me if you need anything.”
She nodded and walked over to where Nick was talking to Markus. She sighed and smiled as she arrived to their spot. Markus looked down at Abbi-“Aww lil one, you were afraid I would be bored? Nah I’ll watch ya!”
Nick laughed-“It’s not hard to watch her.”
She turned to Nick, after he quickly stopped his laugh, turning bright red. She turned back to Markus-“Ready?”
He nodded and said his ‘later bro’ to Nick with their handshakes. Abbi smiled at Nick-“Thanks again, for that back there. And for letting me borrow Markus.”
After inspecting her room, making sure there was no one in there Markus grabbed a chair and pulled it outside her door. She stopped at the door-“You sure you don’t want to sit in here?”
He nodded-“Yes ma’am. Besides it would be weird because we don’t have anything to talk about.” He grinned at her in a smart-ass way.
She gasped-“I’m gonna kill Nick for telling you that!”
He laughed and shook his head-“Don’t worry about anything Abbi, I will be right here.”
She smiled-“Thank you Markus.”
She closed the door and headed to the bedroom. She sighed as she plopped on her bed sadly, she missed her sister. She couldn’t help but wonder how she was doing. Turning to the alarm clock next to her bed, she heard her cell phone ring. Scrambling to pick it up she tumbled over her feet-“Hello?”
Landon was on the other side-“Hey Abbi, I know this isn’t the best time but I was wondering if you could run through this stage line up with me?”
She paused for a moment, trying to catch her breath-“Yea sure.”
He continued-“I am really sorry for this coming up right now, but I have a deadline for tomorrow, with three arenas’ where you girls are going to perform.”
She smiled-“No no, its ok. You could distract me for a little bit. Um…I’m going to shower in a little bit. How about you meet me in an hour in my room?”
Landon smiled-“Great, I will see you at 8 in your room then. Bye”
She went back to the kitchen and heated her in the microwave. Soon after she sat at the table eating, going through a magazine. Picking up her plate and throwing it away in the garbage she put her hair up in a clip. After her shower she slipped into her PJ’s and waited for Landon to show up. About ten minutes later there was a knock on the door-“Abbi, its Markus.”
She walked over and opened it-“Yes?”
He looked over at Landon-“This guy says you have a meeting tonight?”
She laughed softly-“Yes Markus, Landon and I have some business to take care of. You can go downstairs if you would like, grab something to eat.”
He looked at her puzzlingly-“You sure?”
She nodded as she let Landon in-“Yes, I am sure. Landon will come get you when we are done. There is no need to have you sitting out here if Landon can take care of me. Take a break.” She smiled at him and nodded for him to go-“I’ll be fine!”
Landon laughed-“Yea, I’ll watch over her!”
Markus nodded and walked over to the elevator-“Alright then, I will see you in a bit.”
Once inside Landon headed to the table with his folder-“So how are you tonight?”
She sighed-“Oh I’ve been better.”
He hit his head with his own hand-“Oh, I’m sorry. That was a stupid question; of course you are not ok.”
She shook her head-“Oh its ok.” She started to walk to her room-“I’ll be right back; I need to grab a clip for my hair.”
She went to her bed where she had her accessories bag and started rummaging for the clip she had worn for her shower. Finding it, she turned around to head to the living room, but ran right into Landon. Startled she stepped back but bumped into her bed-“Landon, what are you doing?”
He hugged her-“I am just so sorry for everything that is happening to you.”
She loosened up, confused-“Oh it’s ok; it’s not your fault.”
Not letting go her Landon smirked-“Oh but it is my fault.” She froze in his arms, breathing heavily, her lip begin to tremble when she realized that there was music playing in her room. He had turned on the radio rather loudly. Still holding on to her tightly, he smelled her hair that had come down when she dropped the clip-“Mmm Abbi you smell good. Try not to scream very loudly, my ears are still ringing from Roxi’s scream.”