- Text Size +
When all the sound came back all Lexy could hear was Michael screaming “NOOO!!!”, so she looked over at Maggie, her eyes were wide as tears filled her eyes. The man was also shocked with what he had done, so he dropped the gun and ran off in the opposite direction. Nick and AJ ran fast behind him until they disappeared in the darkness. Maggie took two steps forward then colapsed, Lexy and Michael reached her before she hit the floor. Maggie lay across Lexy’s lap as Michael spoke to her-“Baby, listen to me! Focus on me baby! Please don’t leave me please!”
Lexy brushed away the hair from Maggie face as tears started running down her face-“Maggie, Hunny please stay with us! Ok? The ambulence should be here soon, don’t you go away!!”
Maggie was trembling, as slow tears rolled out of her eyes-“It hurts Michael! I’m so scared!”
Michael cried to her-“I know baby, but please hold on!”
A police car arrived and Howie ran to him-“Hey! WE NEED AN AMBULENCE!! The man ran off that way, hurry!!” the police called in an ambulence which was around the corner and took off to find Nick, AJ and the man.
Michael was holding her hands-“Maggie, hey baby, remember the day we met?” He started talking to her to get her mind off of the pain.
Maggie looked at him-“I love you Michael, I always loved you!”
Michael shook his head-“No! Don’t you start saying this. Maggie please baby don’t leave me! I love you!”
Lexy was crying as she held Maggie-“Oh Michael! Keep her talkin, I hear the ambulence!!” Michael nodded, as Lexy pointed at Howie-“Hurry! Go stand on the corner to lead them here!” Howie ran, and minutes later the paramedics came and put her on a strecher. Nick and AJ were back by now asking what hospital they were taking her to. Lexy cried with Michael as they watched the ambulence drive away.
*2 Hours Later*
The ride back to the hotel was very quiet, no one spoke, all you could here were sniffles every once in a while. The events of the past two hours kept re-occuring in Lexy’s mind. When they reached the hospital, they waited for what seemed forever just to have the doctor come out and say that Maggie had died in the ambulence and there was nothing they could do. Michael immidiatly fell to the floor, crying uncontrollably. Lexy ran to him and held him repeating-“I’m sorry,” over and over again, but she didn’t cry. Nick covered his eyes-“Dammit!! That fuckin guy is definatly gonna get what’s coming to him!! GOD!!” AJ started crying into his hands, as Howie stood in shock until it hit him and he too started crying. Not Lexy, she just held Michael as he bawled in her arms-“Why? Why Maggie?? God, my love my baby!!”
The doctor allowed him to go to the room and see her. Lexy went with him as he stood over her bed holding on to her hands-“Oh Maggie, why did you leave me? I love you!! I need you! Maggie!!”
Lexy watched him as he continued crying, she couldn’t take it so she left the room. Now, two hours later, Michael continued crying as they rode in silence to the hotel. When they reached the hotel, everyone was in the lobby waiting to see if they heard something, but the minute they saw their faces, the rest of the crew knew what had happened. Kevin shook his head in disbelief as Kristin threw herself into his shoulder crying. Leighanne ran to Michael and hugged him. Everyone was hugging each other and crying in the lobby, as Lexy continued walking toward the elevator. She had been silent the whole time they rode back. Nick looked at her as she got in the elevator, quickly he ran to Kevin-“Yo I need the key to Lexy’s room!! NOW!” Kevin searched for it and handed it to him no questions asked.
AJ thought grabbed Nick’s arm-“Maybe she needs time Nick! You can’t just barge in and be her shoulder to cry on!”
Nick pulled his arm away-“You don’t know Lexy the way I do! This isnt’ about you and me getting to her! This is serious, now get off!” Nick ran to the stairs entrance and climbed the stairs faster than he had ever climbed. When he reached her room he went in and looked for her, he was so afraid of what he was gonna find in her bathroom, but he was glad he got there when he did. Lexy stood over the sink with a blade from her razor pulling her sleeves up. Nick ran into the bathroom-“LEXY STOP!”
Lexy looked at him shaking her head-“No Nick! Leave me alone!”
Nick walked over to her and took the blade from her-“NO Lexy, this is not the way and you know it!” He grabbed her arms near the shoulder and shook her-“Maggie wouldn’t want it this way! You are in shock Lexy! You can’t do this to yourself!”
Lexy snapped out of it started crying she struggled to pull away-“No Nick! I have too! It hurts too much!! My chest is in pain, I feel horrible!! Let me do it Nick Please!! I need too!!”
Nick shook her-“Lexy get a grip!! Listen to yourself! You don’t need to!”
Lexy realized what she was doing and stopped struggling and just let him pull her into him-“ OH Nick!! Why her?? Why Maggie?? It should have been ME!! I should have been the one to die tonight, not Maggie!!”
Nick was also bawling-“No baby! Don’t say that! You couldn’t have prevented it!”
Lexy’s knees went week as she realized something, they both fell to the floor to a kneeling position, Nick continued holding her-“Nick it should have been me! If I would have gone with her when she invited me, this woudln’t have happened! OH GOD it’s my fault!”
Nick spoke between tears-“No, Lexy you can’t blame yourself for what happened tonight! It was not your fault!”
Lexy’s stomach turned-“She was pregnant Nick!! She was gonna have a baby”
Nick’s eyes got wide as he pulled her away so he could look at her-“What? How do you know?”
She cried into her hands-“Oh Nick, she told me a few weeks ago! She was gonna tell Michael on their two year anniversary! GOD WHY COULDN’T IT BE ME!! I HAVE NOTHING LIKE THAT!! THEY COULD HAVE HAD A FAMILY!”
Nick pulled her back into his arms-“Shhh, baby it’s ok. It’s gonna be ok.”
Lexy got angry, she started pounding her fists into his chest pushing Nick, he flexed and took it in-“No! It’s not ok! She was my best friend! She was the only person on in this damn place that cared about me! She was like my sister! My best friend why? Now I have no one! I have no one! And Michael has no one!” Nick pulled her away to look into her eyes-“No Lexy! That’s not true! You have me!!! You have me!” Nick and Lexy sat on her bathroom floor crying uncontrollably. What both of them didn’t know was that AJ was outside hearing everything, he wiped the tears that had rolled down his cheek as he walked out of the room. Minutes later, Lexy looked down, it was the first time she realized that she was covered in blood she started panicking-“Oh my God! It’s her blood! It’s her blood! Get it off, it’s Maggie! Get it off!!” Nick grabbed her shoulders and held her down-“LEXY LEXY! CALM DOWN!” He went to the shower and started the water, he helped her get her jacket off, then started walking out. Lexy grabbed his arm-“Nick, don’t leave me. I don’t wanna be alone tonight.”
Nick looked at her-“Don’t worry Lexy, while you take a shower, I’ll go get clothes from my room, then I’ll be back before you’re even done. I promise.”
She nodded and continued getting undressed. Nick walked out of her room and saw the rest of the guys standing outside, eyes red and all. Brian hugged Nick-“How is she doing?”
Nick sighed-“She is better. It really hit her that...she’s gone.” He was starting to get choked up, Kevin hugged him as he let out his cries again. Howie stood by letting the tears roll down. AJ stood against the wall watching them all, he felt horrible. So when Nick went into his room to get his clothes AJ went up to him. Both guys looked at each other, without saying anything they hugged each other as they cried. AJ spoke in between sobs-“I’m sorry man! I’m sorry for letting jealousy come in during a time like this. I’m sorry, be there for her. She needs you.”
Nick nodded as he grabbed his clothes and went back to Lexy’s room. When she was done with her shower, she got dressed and climbed into her bed, Nick put her clothes in a bag to throw away then showered himself. She layed in bed as she cried herself to sleep. When Nick was done, he went over to her bed and sat next to her, as she still sniffled, he watched her, letting more tears fall out. When he went to get up, she stirred-“Nick, stay. Please.”
He looked at her as he wiped a tear from his eye-“Ok.” He climbed into the bed with her and she rested her head on his shoulder and fell back asleep.