- Text Size +
The next morning, Lexy woke up with a head ache she turned around and saw Nick peacefully sleeping, he had bags under his eyes. She sighed as she remember the events from the day before, she was hoping it was all a bad dream but it wasn’t and she had to face the facts. She was not ready to face anyone else, that would only bring more tears, she wanted to cry alone, not with everyone else. Luckily they were off that day, or else the fans would see Backstreet Boys and dancers with very puffy eyes. Lexy got her stuff ready to load on the bus, showered and got dressed. As she started lifting her things, Nick walked out of the room with his hair messed up-“Hey, where are you going?”
She picked up her backpack-“I’m gonna go ahead and get on the bus, I really don’t wanna see anyone right now.”
Nick nodded and walked over to her and kissed her forehead-“Ok, I’ll see ya later.”
She walked out of the room with her suitcase, backpack, and purse. She wore a hat to cover her face, incase she ran into fans which she knew she would find. When she got downstairs, there were two girls waiting by the doors with their cameras standing waiting impatiently. As Lexy walked by them she spoke softly-“They aren’t up yet. You can take a seat and wait.”
The girls looked at Lexy-“What?”
Lexy looked at them, with out showing her eyes-“The boys, they are still sleeping. Nick actually JUST got up. You can sit. It won’t be another 30 minutes till they come down. I promise you will get your chance, they are usually nice to the fans waiting here.” She didn’t wait for their response and continued walking over to the bus. Johnson(the driver) walked over to Lexy to help her load her luggage-“Morning Lexy.” He knew she didn’t want to talk, he figures since Maggie was her best friend, so he didn’t, he just put her luggage in the compartment in silence.
Lexy smiled weakly-“Morning Johnson. Thank you.” She gave him a kiss on the cheek and got on the bus. When she reached her bunk she hoped on and put her MP3 player on repeat ALL songs. She lay in her bed, as tears rolled down her eyes, even as she slept tears fell down. Every once in a while Nick and AJ would check up on her. She slept most of the way, when they got to the hotel, Lexy was the first one off the bus and in her room. No one said anything to her, and hardly anyone said anything to each other. Later on that after noon, Lexy was much calmer, she wanted to go to the mall that she had seen up a few blocks away. She got dressed and was putting on her make up when there was a knock on the door. She walked over to it and saw AJ, he smiled-“Hey. How are you holding up?”
Lexy fought her tears-“I’m doing ok, I mean how well could I be?”
He nodded, then grabbed her hand and softly pulled her in for a hug. She could smell his cologne, she dug her face in his chest, she heard someone walk up. She pulled away and saw Nick walking up, a look of shock was on his face for a small instant, he quickly changed his expression-“Hey guys. We’re having a meeting in Kevin’s room in five minutes. I was just coming to get Lexy.”
Aj caressed Lexy’s cheek-“It’s gonna be ok kid. I promise.” She nodded and smiled as he walked to Kevin’s room.
Lexy turned around to get her bag from her room, Nick followed-“Hey Lexy, how-“
She cut him off-“Nick, please don’t ask me how I’m doing? I know I’m gonna be hearing a lot of that when we get into the meeting. I don’t wanna hear it anymore, because I am not ok...but I gotta say I am so people can not feel sorry for me!”
Nick looked down-“Ok. I’ll just go.”
Immediately Lexy felt like an ass-“Nick wait!” He stopped, and she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist-“I’m sorry! I just don’t know how to feel. You are the last person I should be talking like that too. You were there for me last night, and I’m glad it was you. I couldn’t have had better company.” Nick softened up and wrapped his arms around her, he loved the way she felt in his arms, she continued-“I’m really really sorry. I just can’t take it anymore, that’s all. I was actually on my way out, I need to get my mind off of all of this. Will you forgive me?” She looked up at him, and gave him sad puppy eyes with a pout, he laughed-“How could I not! But I am gonna say one thing, you aren’t going anywhere alone, I will go with you! No arguing with that!” Lexy smiled and nodded as they walked over to Kevin’s room.
When they arrived, everyone looked at Lexy and gave her hugs and asked how she was doing, which she smiled shyly with her response.
Kevin began the meeting with Fatima at his side-“OK, last night we all suffered a horrible lost. Maggie was very amazing and a great friend to all of us.” He looked at Lexy when he said that-“she will be greatly missed. I hate to talk about this soo soon, but we need to mention the new dancer to take that spot.”
Fatima took it from here, she too had puffy eyes-“I had two girls and two boys in Florida learning all of the dances incase someone broke something or decided to quit. One of the girl dancers is on her way now, to fill in that spot. As you all know, this will change a few partners...AJ since you work well with newbies, you will now be dancing with Lisa, our new member, which means Lexy you will be dancing with Nick. If that’s not a problem, those are the new positions. Tomorrow we will run through the whole show, with the new girl twice then take a 2 hour brake and do the show.”
AJ looked over at Lexy who was whispering to Nick, he was disappointed as he thought to himself, ‘this is it, I’m not gonna win here. I might as well give her up, before I get really attached.’
Kevin continued-“Ok, I know this is gonna be really hard for all of us, but the day after tomorrow, we fly to LA for the funeral.”
The world it’s self made every one shudder, Lexy felt that knot in her throat form, the tears started swelling in her eyes, she pulled her hat lower and excused herself from the meeting, she figured all the important topics were covered. When she walked out, Kevin looked at Nick-“Hey, bro, go check on her, we’re about done here.” Nick nodded and ran out of there, he stopped when he saw her sitting on the floor next to her door crying softly. He walked over to her and picked her up to stand-“Lexy, it’s ok. It’s ok!”
She rubbed the tears from her eyes-“I know, I just don’t know how I’m gonna do this.” They walked into the room so she could re-apply her make-up then he walked with her to the mall, where she kinda got her mind off the topic. When they arrived at the hotel, Lexy walked in with a smile on her face, as Nick walked in behind her with 15 bags following her up to her room. AJ laughed as he was walking out of his room-“Dayum Bro! All that yours?”
Nick looked at him-“No Dawg! Do you seriously think I would buy this much shit?”
Lexy laughed-“Haha, they are all mine. Nicky just helped me carry them all.”
Aj continued laughing as Fatima walked up with Lisa, the new dancer-“Hey AJ, Nick, Lexy. This is Lisa, she is our new member.” Lisa seemed like a such a nice person, with a very friendly smile. AJ pulled his glasses down a bit and checked her out-“Hey baby, I’m AJ. Anything you need you come to me, got that?”
Nick looked at him thinking, ‘well he forgot Lexy fast,’ he laughed-“Hi Lisa, I’m Nick very nice meeting you.”
Lexy rolled her eyes at AJ and smiled at Lisa-“Hi, I’m Lexy. Don’t worry AJ won’t step on your toes too much.”
Lisa laughed-“Oh wow, I would hope not! Listen, I’m really sorry about what happened. I wish I wouldn’t have to meet you guys under this circumstance. You all seem real nice, I hope we can become good friends.”
Lexy smiled warmly-“Oh, don’t worry you will fit right in. I’m glad you get to join our crew.”
Aj cleared his throat-“OK, well Lisa, let me show you around.” He walked over to her and hooked elbows as he pulled her towards the elevator. Fatima, Nick , and Lexy all laughed.
The night of their concert, Lexy felt weird dancing with Nick, he would keep making faces at her as they would do the slow dances. When is was time to do Never Gone, the guys got serious, they pulled out their stools and Brian spoke to the fans-“This song has a whole new meaning to us now. Two days ago we lost our dancer Maggie. Those of you who have been to our shows know that she is the dancer that would dance with Nick.” The audience went silent, whispers were running around.
Kevin went on after Brian-“So lets have a moment of silence for Maggie.”
The whole stadium was silent, Lexy stood around watching as people put their heads down. Soon after Nick stood up, he started getting choked up-“Maggie, we love you WE’ll miss you!” Lexy felt the knot in her throat well up. The song started and the boys sang, Lexy stood watching the audience as tears started rolling out of their eyes. They started pointing behind the boys, so she went over infront of the stage and looked up. Behind the boys on the screen, there was a slide show of Maggie, it started off with her early years. Pictures of her with the guys and her with Michael, who was now standing next to Lexy bawling his eyes out. Tears started rolling down Lexy’s face when pictures of her and Lexy came on the screen, there were tons of them goofing off and stuff. Nick looked down at Lexy and noticed she was looking behind them, so he turned around. For a minute he stopped singing, then continued singing as he showed the other guys, by now there was not a dry eye in the stadium, all 5 guys were crying and you could hear it as they sang. Nick walked to the end of the stage and brought the dancers up, as they watched the last pictures go up, he wrapped his arm around Lexy as she cried into his chest. When the song ended, the fans clapped instead of scream, everyone went backstage to redo the make up for the rest of the show.