- Text Size +
Lexy woke up the next day with a small head ache, she laughed-“not too bad.” She got up, took a shower and got dressed, they were heading out today. When she walked out there were people passed out on the floor she giggled as she made her way to kitchen. She sighed as she started the coffee maker, they were gonna need a lot of coffee.
Lisa walked in to the room also dressed-“Dang did you see all the people here? It was some hell of a party!”
Lexy nodded as she laughed, slowly everyone started waking up and leaving. Then they all boarded the bus so they could be on their way. Nick was messing around with his camera, supposedly it was for the fan club website. Lexy sat in her bunk taping on the roof listening to her head phones she could hear Nick laughing, that laugh that makes you wanna laugh. So she got up and Nick was playing with the door and Brian. She laughed so hard, then Nick stepped back and tripped and started laughing even harder Lexy was about to pee in her pants, which made Nick laugh more which made Lexy laugh much harder. About an hour later everything was calm, and Lexy went back to the tv room, Nick was sitting there with his guitar strumming it and tuning it.
Then he smiled at her-“Do me a favor Lexy...sing for me?”
Lexy was surprised and shy-“No...I don’t wanna.”
He laughed-“C’mon I wanna see if my guitar works well.”
He started strumming the rhythm to You were meant for me by Jewel, he had heard her singing it the other day and learned the song. She smiled surprised that he picked that song and started singing with him, what she didn’t know was that Kevin and Brian were listening in. Nick watched her sing, and smiled, he felt so attracted to her. When the song was over, Kevin and Brian clapped and walked out-“That was perfect.”
Lexy looked at them then at Nick-“Perfect for what?”
Kevin smiled-“Well baby, Johnny wants you to make it big. He heard you sing at the Pussycat dolls show the other night and has been wanting us to listen to you sing so we can decide this. Lexy, Johnny wants you to record tomorrow he already has a few songs lined up for you. You will spend all day doing that. Then when the CD is ready we will release your single and you will be our new opening act. Wat do you say?”
She was amazed-“Wow! Are you serious? But wat about the show?”
Nick put a hand on her shoulder-“Toni will take care of that for you. She knows all the dances remember. She will fill in for you. Don’t worry you will be fine.”
She felt calmer-“Great! Then yea, I am up for it!”
Kevin smiled-“Awesome, I am gonna call Johnny rite now.”
Brian smiled-“Don’t worry hun, you will love it!”
Lisa and Toni walked in behind them, they knew all of it and were excited that Lexy had agreed to do it. Lisa hugged her-“WOW! Congrats!! This is soo exciting.”
Lexy laughed-“I know! I never even dreamed that I would be singing! I hope the people like me!”
Nick laughed-“What’s not to like about you?” He blushed and walked out of the room.
The girls laughed, then Lexy remembered-“Oh Nick!! Wait!”
He walked back-“yea?”
Lexy pouted-“But if I record tomorrow, I won’t have anything to do when I’m done, you guys will be at the show.”
Nick smiled, dang she was soo cute-“Well, my buddy Jared will be meeting up with us in San Francisco. He knows all the hot spots in ALL the cities, he can take you out tomorrow. You’ll have fun.”
She smiled and nodded so he walked away. Then she yelled again-“NICK!! Come back!”
He walked back-“Now wat?”
She pouted again, which made him smile-“Well, I don’t wanna record by myself tomorrow, will you guys go with me? Please??”
Nick nodded-“yea we’ll go with you until we have to get ready for the show, then you can be by yourself rite?”
She nodded again as he walked away, the girls started giggling and talking about how exciting it was gonna be for all of them.
Lexy hung out with Nick the rest of the day, they watched TV in the back room and played video games. He totally kicked her butt in Mario old school, but she beat him in Tekken. They were getting closer than ever it was great, she was totally feeling it.
The next day Lexy was nervous to sing, when she got there she was introduced to Max who was gonna be controlling when Nick left. He wanted to help produce her album, she was more than happy to let him. They laughed and joked around most of the day between songs. Then it was time for them to go. Lisa and Toni hugged her, then Nick walked up to her-“it’ll be ok cutie, you will do fine.” He gave her a soft kiss then walked out. She thought about the kiss as she finished for the day about 3 hours later.
Around 10 pm, Jerad knocked on her door, she opened it, and his jaw dropped-“Dang Lexy, you look slammin!”
She smiled-“Thanks! Let’s go!”
They left and partied a lot, he was trying everything that was offered to him. Around 2:30 he had done two lines of coke, took 3 tabs, and smoked weed, he was messed up. Lexy was getting worried, he started dancing real close to her and rubbing on her. She pushed him away-“Stop, please.” He refused and took her to the back of the club and wanted to get more out of her, she shoved him-“Get off of me! Take me home please! NOW!”
He started cussing and complaining as they walked to the car. Around 3am they were on the street, it was empty so he started speeding up-“Woah, Lexy let’s see how fast I can go!”
Lexy felt nervous-“No Jared, lets not. I love my life right now.”
He did not slow down, he saw that all the lights were green at the same time-“Don’t worry Lexy, it’s 3am no one is out driving.”
They were coming up to a yellow red light, he smiled-“You think it will turn green when we hit it?”
She got nervous-“Jared no please stop!”
It turned green before they got there, so they went into it, another car ran the red light. Jared spun the car so the other car would hit the back. But they were going to so fast that it made the car flip.
Darkness flooded her eyes. Then Lexy opened them and it was blurry she could see some people above her, she softly spoke-“Nick.”
The guys, Lisa and Toni stood around the hospital bed where Lexy laid, she had not woken up since the accident. They were worried, Nick did not leave her side he was scared. Then she moved slowly, moaning as she woke up. Brian held her hand-“Lexy, can you hear me?”
She opened her eyes slowly, her head hurt, she blinked a few times to focus then looked around-“Wha-What happened?” Then she glanced at every one-“Who are you people?”