- Text Size +
The girls had planned everything out. It was set, Marley was going to tell the guys they had a charity ball to do in two weeks, so they could prepare. Lexy smiled-“OK, Kristin and Leighanne, I know this won’t be hard for you two, but I need you to make up a list of Kevin and Brian’s friends. Lisa, Toni and Marley I need you guys to work on AJ and Howie’s friends. I will get Nick’s friends. OH you know what this means rite??”
Marley nodded-“We get to go shopping ” The girls decided that they would spend most of their free time preparing. When everyone went off to do their duties, Marley stayed behind to help Lexy put away the papers in a good hiding spot. Marley smiled-“Lexy, you are a genius I don’t know anyone who would have thought about a Backtreet Prom ”
Lexy laughed-“Yeessss Well, I figured AJ and Nick didn’t really get to go to High school, there for they didn’t get prom. The other three haven’t been to prom in like a million years, being old and all.” They laughed, it was brilliant, Lexy thought to herself.
That after noon, Nick took Lexy out to eat, he decided that it would be nice to have just them time. She was totally excited, she had dressed up for him and all they went to a quiet little place before the show, it was great. They talked about tons of things. She smiled then got serious-“Nick I have something to tell you.”
He looked at her-“Sure, Baby you can tell me anything.”
She felt butterflies in her stomach-“I’m late.”
He looked at his watch-“What are you talking about Lexy, the show doesn’t start for another 4 hours ”
She shook her head-“No, Nick you don’t understand. I’m really late.”
He looked at her confused-“Baby you aren’t la-(he stopped and his eyes grew wide)oh How did this happen? Are you sure? Maybe it’s a false alarm.”
She began getting worried-“Oh Nick I’m so scared, what if it’s not, and I am pregnant What will that do to your career?”
He shook his head-“My career? what about yours? You just started ”
She pushed back the tears-“No, I don’t care about mine. I can be a one hit wonder, babe I don’t know what to do?”
Nick sighed-“What do you think about an abortion?”
Her eyes grew wide, tears filled them-“What? Are you serious? That is a life!! CREATED BY US!”
Nick tried calming her down-“No, Lexy listen please. It would give you a clean start...we could start over.”
She held her stomach-“I think I’m gonna be sick. I can’t even look at you rite now. She ran out of the restaurant, they were in the back VIP section she called a cab to take her to the hotel. He ran after her but didn’t catch her, the taxi had left when he got there.
She cried the whole way, when she got there she ran into AJ he was about to head upstairs-“Woah Woah! Lexy baby, wat’s the matter?”
They got in the elevator, she looked at him-“AJ, I don’t know if you know yet, Lisa might have told you. But I think I’m pregnant.”
AJ looked at her-“Wow, does Nick know?”
She nodded-“Yes, and he suggested abortion! Can you believe him? Oh God I can’t even think about that.”
He wiped his hands-“Hunny that doesn’t sound like Nick.”
She looked at him-“You don’t believe me? He said it AJ, he’s not that much of a saint.”
The doors opened and she ran to her room, he called out to her-“No, Lexy!”
Lisa had walked out when she saw Lexy, run into her room crying and AJ calling out to her. She looked at him with a confused look, he shook his head, so she put her hand up-“I’ll talk to her.(She knocked)Lexy? Hunny? Open the door, Please. It’s me Lisa, let me in.”
Lexy was sitting on the floor infront of the door, she got up and opened it letting her in-“Oh Lisa! I told him!”
Lisa sighed-“Oh No Lexy, we told you to wait until we knew for sure.”
Lexy cried-“No, I couldn’t wait, I couldn’t keep it inside of me! HE suggested abortion Lisa.”
Lisa grew worried-“Oh, Lex. I’m sure he was just scared. Although that was stupid of him to even consider!”
Just then there was a bang at the door, it was Nick-“LEXY?? Lexy baby please let me in!! Baby please talk to me!!”
Lisa looked at Lexy who was crying even harder-“Do you want me tell him to leave?”
Lexy shook her head-“No, just leave him, I’ll talk to him when I’m ready. You can go Lisa, AJ is probably waiting. I will be fine here.”
Lisa hugged her-“Are you sure? I’m sure he won’t mind! Oh Lexy we are just across the hall give me a call if you need anything ok?” Lexy nodded and walked her to the door, Nick was standing there, Lisa closed the door behind her-“I’m sorry Nick, but she is not ready to talk to you right now. Frankly I don’t blame her.”
Nick sighed-“It’s not what you think Lisa.”
AJ walked up to him-“Hey man, you wanna stay with us? Doesn’t look like she is gonna let you in anytime soon? Why did you do this man? How could you suggest that?”
Nick looked at him-“I don’t know AJ! I was scared, it’s too early in our relationship to have a baby! But I thought about it on the way home, and I felt like such an @ss! I need to talk to her man!” He started to cry.
Lexy sat in front of her door on the floor crying, she kept thinking about wat to do, Why would he suggest that? Maybe he was just scared. I can’t do this on my own, please God let him just be scared! Her thoughts made her cry more, then Nick started knocking on the door again-“Baby, please baby. Let me in, you don’t understand, I’m so sorry!” She sat there, with her knees to her chest, she kept shaking her head. About an hour later he was still there, begging her to come inside. Finally the door opened, and he got up quickly, he saw her with her eyes red and puffy. He too had red puffy eyes, he walked in and gave her a hug, she sobbed into his shoulder, she didn’t fight him. As mad as she was at him, she still felt like she needed him. She was scared. He cried too-“I’m so sorry Lexy. That’s not what I meant, I’m sorry. I was just scared, I really don’t want that. It was just what popped in my head, I seriously didn’t want to say that I am sorry.”
She pulled away and sat on the bed-“Nick, I can’t do this alone. I need you to really mean it. To be serious I can’t do this alone.”
He kneeled down in front of her, holding her hands kissing them-“No baby, I am serious. I want to do this together I promise you I didn’t mean it, I was just scared. You won’t do it alone, I’m here and I’m not leaving you.”
He got up and kissed her, she kissed him back. Then they laid down, she laid in his arms, sighing and sniffling. They fell asleep, they were gonna need it, the week to come was gonna be extremely incredible.