- Text Size +
*THREE MONTHS LATER*
Lexy was getting her make up done, along with Lisa, Toni and Marley. It was VMA’s Night, and The guys AND Lexy were nominated. She was very excited because she was also performing with Will.i.am. This was gonna be her first big performance on TV with Will.i.am. She decided to go with the guys but of course not be too close with Nick so people wouldn’t get the “wrong idea” as Kevin would put it. She rolled her eyes and scoffed as she mumbled to herself-“Wrong idea, huh I’ll show you wrong idea.”
Marley laughed-“Are you talking to yourself over there?”
Lisa laughed-“MUMBLER!”
The three girls laughed, as Lexy shook her head-“Yea, kinda. I just hate that we are going to another public thing and we can’t show that we are dating. Ya know it sucks. You guys are lucky.”
The girls looked at each other and nodded, they knew she was not happy about all this.
Later on that night, it was the red carpet time, the girls we lookin fab and the guys were looking hot. They walked up to Damien who was ready to interview the guys, but changed his mind when he saw how glamorous Lexy looked-“Wow! You have to give us a twirl here! This is very beautiful ladies and gentlemen. I am joined by the lovely Lexy along with the one and only Backstreet Boys.” They all smiled and waved at the camera. Damien stood next to Lexy-“Wow, you must be excited to be here huh? This is your first year here and you have only been out for a few months. That is a big improvement for anyone, and you passed all those years of waiting to make it big. How are you feeling right now?”
Lexy smiled, she could hardly hear over the screaming fans-“Um...yea I am soo psyched! I always watched the VMA’s wondering what it would be like to be there and look at me now, I am here performing and presenting!”
Nick pushed his way to the Mic.-“AND she is nominated.”
Damien laughed-“Yea, I was just getting to that, you are nominated for wat now?”
She thought-“Um..for best Duet and for breakout artist. I am presenting the Viewers Choice Award. That is exciting!”
Justin had walked in and was stopped by Vanessa, he was talking about Lexy’s sudden success and how it was crap, the guys and Lexy were just a few feet away, they could kinda hear wat he was saying but not to well-“Yea, she had the doors to the entertainment world held open for her. If it weren’t for the guys, she would probably still be back in Florida getting rapped by her stepdad and cutting herself.” The reporters gasped, and it got quiet. Lexy had heard that, her heart dropped to her stomach, she felt like she was going to be sick so she turned to run away as all the people were looking for her.
When she ran, she bumped right into Nick’s chest, she looked up at him and buried her face in his chest. She looked up at him-“How would he know?”
Nick shook his head-“I have no idea, I didn’t tell him baby, I promise.” He then walked over to Justin and shoved him hard. He fell to the floor and everyone gasped-“Don’t you dare start spreading lies. Just because you failed to succeed as a solo artist doesn’t mean you have to bring other people down. Take back that comment!”
Justin laughed as he stood up-“Why should I? It’s true, I have my sources...right Gaby?(He winked at the camera) She listens in on all the dirty details.”
Lexy was shocked, Lisa, Toni and Marley walked up to her-“Lexy what is he talking about.” Lexy looked at them and shook her head-“Don’t worry about it. It’s in the past I’ll tell you later.”
Nick shook his head, then punched Justin in the face, making him bleed-“I swear to you, if you keep this up...you will go down!” With that he turned around and faced the reporters, Kevin was angry at Justin and at the way Nick handled the situation, but he figured that he would have done the same for Kristin. Nick explained to the reporters that Justin had been jealous of Lexy’s sudden success from the beginning, so it was no doubt that he would start lies about her sooner or later. The reporters agreed not to print anythin inappropriate so they dropped the whole thing, he then walked over to Lexy and whispered to her-“You ok?”
She smiled and kissed his cheek-“Yes Thank you.”
The show started, Lexy performed the guys won a few awards, Lexy won for best New Artist, almost cried, then it was her turn to present. She announced the nominees,-“Christina Aguilera...Britney Spears...My Chemical Romance...Green Day...Backstreet Boys....And the winner is...THE BACKSTREET BOYS!!!” She jumped up and down as the guys got up and made their way to the aisle, she was more excited than they were.
They hugged her, then Kevin thanked a few people and asked if the guys had anythin to add, Nick hesitated then walked up to the Mic.-“I want to thank GOD, for letting us get where we are. I also want to thank my brothers, you guys are the so amazing. I also want to thank the FANS! If it weren’t for you we wouldn’t be here! And Lexy I want to thank you...for making me the happiest man alive for the past few months. I love you.” Her eyes widened as he walked up to her and kissed her. Everyone clapped Kevin and Brian looked at each other.
AJ and Howie clapped, when they pulled away Lexy looked into his eyes-“wow. Nick I love you too.” He smiled as he kissed her again, then they walked off stage.
Kevin grabbed Nick’s shoulder-“Way to go Nick.”
Nick looked at him to make sure he was serious and not sarcastic, and saw him smile, so Nick smiled. The after parties were intense people dancing and getting drunk everywhere, Nick and Lexy were so into each other that night. Almost like it was just them two in the world no one else.
A few days later, Lexy had gone out to play tennis with the girls and were headed back to get ready for the sound check, it was getting harder and harder to go out in public without disguise. When she got back to the hotel she walked into the room and saw Nick talking to another girl. He stood up-“Lexy...your back.”
She immediately felt something was just not right-“Yea, wat’s up?”
The other girls stood up and looked Lexy up and down-“Hi, I’m Ana. Nick’s ex-girlfriend.”
Lexy laughed sarcastically, she had turned on her defensive mode-“Ha, well if we are gonna give ourselves titles, then I’m Lexy. Nicks current girlfriend.”
Ana smirked-“Wow...a quick one. Girlfriend huh? Makes things more interesting for you.”
Nick rolled his eyes-“Ana, don’t make things harder than they already are. I will tell her later.”
Ana laughed-“Are you kidding me? No no hunny...I will tell her now.”
Lexy look at Nick and Ana-“Ok...one of you better tell me. Nick what is going on?”
Nick looked at her with sad eyes, as Ana went on-“See...Nick and I dated about 10 months ago. And well when he left me, something happened. I believe that I got pregnant. This is Nick’s baby.” She pointed to a small baby girl in a stroller sleeping.
Lexy looked at Nick-“Is this true? IS she yours?”
Nick looked at her-“I don’t know. I don’t think so. I told Ana that we are going to the doctor to find out NOW!”
He glared at Ana, who smiled at him-“Well let’s go then. Maybe your girlfriend should wait here. Since it’s really our business.”
Lexy looked at Nick with a raised eyebrow, as he shook his head-“No. She is going with us. This is very much her business too.”
They got to the doctors office and did a few test. About an hour later they had the results.
The doctor brought the three of them into his office-“Ok. Mr. Nick Carter you...”