- Text Size +
Lexy had become a little more busy and didn’t get to see Nick as much, but they tried to make time for each other...well Lexy tried to make time for each other.
Nick walked into the hotel room and went to the room-“Hey Lex!”
She laughed-“Hey babe, what are you doing? Why in such a hurry?”
Nick responded as he changed-“Well, I’m gonna play basketball with Ivy, you know she plays?? She said she was the best one on her college team. So I’m gonna play her!”
Lexy crossed her arms-“Nick I wanna play.”
He laughed-“C’mon Lexy, you don’t play ”
She scoffed-“NICK! I love basketball I used to play all the time I just never told you.”
He put a hand on her shoulder-“Ok, you can play. But don’t come back crying to me when Ivy and Brian humiliate you.”
She went to the room to change, then they headed back downstairs to a small park. It was Nick and Lexy vs. Brian and Ivy. Lisa, AJ, Marley, Albert, Toni, Chris, and Leighanne were all watching in the stands. The game started well, Nick and Brian would pass to the girls and they would score. All of a sudden Lexy had the ball and scored infront of Ivy, knocking her down. Then Ivy got up and took the ball, the game had become just Ivy and Lexy, Nick and Brian looked at each other as they stepped off the court. Lexy kept scoring on Ivy, and Ivy kept getting frustrated, at the end of the game the score was 10-2 Lexy. She walked up to Ivy and handed her the ball-“If you were the best on the team, I hate to see what the rest of the team was like. Good game tho.”
She high five, the girls and AJ as she headed back inside. Ivy looked at Nick-“I guess I just hadn’t played in a while. I’m a little rusty.”
He watched Lexy and nodded at Ivy, then ran up to Lexy-“Hey LEXY! Wait up. You look all hot an sweaty...I’m a little turned on. Let’s go!” He grabbed her hand and ran to the hotel, she laughed.
Lisa walked past Ivy-“Looks like the old Nick is back!”
AJ laughed-“Damn, I can’t believe he just straight out said he was turned on.”
Lisa smiled-“Maybe we should take Nick and Lexy as an example!”
Aj smiled as he too grabbed Lisa’s hand and ran off. Chris and Toni were gonna go shopping then head back to the hotel. Marley and Albert were gonna follow Nick and Lexy’s example later in their hot tub, first he was gonna take her to the movies.
Few nights later, Lexy was at a club with Nick. Nick was drunk, and Lexy was a just a little tipsy. He sat in the VIP room while she went to get more drinks. At the bar, a guy approached her-“Your Lexy aren’t you?”
She smiled shyly-“Yea, hi.”
He smiled widely and extended his hand out to shake it-“I’m Derek. I am a huge fan of yours. I go to the Backstreet Boys concert just to see you! I am actually going to one tomorrow night.”
She smiled-“Aww...thanks!! It’s nice to meet you Derek. So do you live around here.”
She talked to him for a little while, she figured Nick was too drunk to even notice. Derek was very nice, not obsessive. Just then Nick walked up and grabbed Lexy by the wrist turning her around-“Wat are you doing? Who is this?”
She was shocked by the way he was acting-“Nick, your hurting me.”
He rolled his eyes and slurred angrily-“I don’t care! Are you flirting with him?”
Derek watched-“Hey man, chill out. I was just saying hi!”
Nick glared at him, then turned to Lexy pulling her wrist tighter. She squirmed to get free-“Nick it hurts please stop. I was just saying Hi to a fan. Nick please! The media...your hurting me. Let’s go back to the hotel.”
He shook his head-“No. I’m staying here. You are too.”
She shook her head pulling her hand away-“No I am not. I am going back. Let go now!”
He looked at her and let go of her wrist, she rubbed it as she walked out and called a taxi. She could tell her wrist was swelling already, she cried on the way to the hotel-“I’ve never seen him like this.” When she got back, she let Sandy go to his room, check on Emma, washed her face and laid down. She looked at her wrist it was purple and swollen, she pulled out a first aid kit they had in the drawer and wrapped her wrist. She laid in bed and cried herself to sleep, she was afraid of her boyfriend.
Nick got home about two hours after Lexy did. He sighed as he went into the bathroom and washed up, then looked at Lexy. He could tell she had been crying, he was ashamed of what he had done. He sat in the bed with her, she sighed peacefully, then he touched her-“Lexy...Baby.”
She moaned then turned around, she looked at him and tears filled her eyes again, she sat up looking at him. He looked down and glanced at her wrist, it was wrapped, he felt horrible-“Baby I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just drunk, and I thought he was hitting on you.”
She stopped him-“Nick, do you trust me?”
He nodded-“Yes baby but-”
She stopped him again-“Then you don’t need to think anything other than, my girlfriend loves me and me only. She would never flirt with another guy. That’s it, end of story.”
He sighed-“I know baby. I am really really sorry. Please believe me and forgive me.”
She sighed, as she looked down at her arm, he pulled her face up and kissed it. She hesitated a little bit, but he made it more passionate.
The next morning, Kevin banged on their door-“Nick!!”
Lexy opened the door, followed by Nick-“Hey Kev. What’s up?”
Kevin walked in and showed them the daily newspaper, headline read-“Backstreet Boy abusive?” It had a picture of Nick holding Lexy’s wrist with an angry look on his face. Nick looked at Lexy, she looked down at her wrist then put it behind her back. Kevin had already seen it, he pulled her arm-“So it did happen? Were you drunk Nick? How could you treat her like this??”
Nick turned red, Lexy sighed-“Don’t yell at him Kev, it was my fault. I was the drunk one, I wanted to continue partying at another club, Nick wanted to stay there, it was safer. I was out of control and he held my wrist. Silly me kept squirming and trying to get loose and I hurt my own wrist. Nick was just trying to take care of me, not his fault, I will call the press and have it cleared up today.”
Kevin looked at Nick-“Is this true?”
Nick was amazed at Lexy, he nodded. Kevin nodded too and walked out of the room. Lexy turned away and walked into the room. Nick followed her-“baby, thank you.”
She faced him-“I didn’t want you to get in trouble with Kevin too.” She walked into the bathroom and closed the door.
Nick felt that she was still upset with him, so he knew that he was still in trouble with her. He had to make it up to her, he felt horrible.
That night, after the concert, Nick planned a surprise for Lexy, to make up for the night before. He had her eyes blind folded the whole drive over, she was nervous. When they arrived, he carried her and made her cover her ears too. He walked for a bit, then placed her on the floor then whispered in her ear softly-“keep your eyes closed.”
She shivered as his warm breath touched her ears, he then walked up infront of her and kissed her taking her by surprise. When he finished she opened her eyes and saw a picnic under the stars on the beach. She was shocked, there was a quilt on the floor with candles and a small basket, and a bouquet of pink roses. She kissed Nick-“All this for me? Thank you.”
He smiled sheepishly-“OH, I figured I owed it to ya, I’ve been an ass lately.”
They ate, and talked. After a while, Nick went over to the car and brought out his guitar-“I have one more surprise for you” He began playing and acoustic version of Safest Place to Hide for her. She smiled and let tears fall out of her eyes, when he finished she kissed him, then she laid in his arms, looking up at the stars they fell asleep together.