- Text Size +
Lexy walked out of her room, two days ago she had ended the greatest thing that had happened to her. For some strange reason, she felt like it was a mistake, she should still be with him. She had avoided him a lot, so she wouldn’t feel more pain. She sighed, then walked down to the lobby, they were getting ready to head off to another city, she walked past the lobby, and glanced over. Nick was there with AJ, he looked up and saw her, their eyes met, then she turned her head. He watched her walk away then put his head down. Aj put a hand on his back-“C’mon man, she’s just a girl. You have had relationships all the time, they end and you move on.”
Nick looked at him-“Yea, but I haven’t had to travel with my ex-girlfriend afterwards. It only makes it harder ”
Aj shook his head-“I know bro, Kevin was right when he warned you about this.”
Nick looked away-“Not wat I wanna hear rite now AJ.”
Aj shrugged-“Sorry, did you take all your stuff out of her bus?”
Nick nodded-“Yea, except Emma’s stuff, she told Sandy to tell me that she wanted the baby to stay with her, since she would have more room and more time than for her.”
Lexy set her stuff down inside her bus, she looked around...Nick’s stuff was gone. His play station, his blankets, his pillows, him...all gone. Lexy closed her eyes, she could still feel his arms around her. The night Maggie died, she felt so safe in his arms. Lexy looked up-“Oh Maggie What have I done? Why did you leave me? I need your advice, and friendship right about now.”
Just then a man’s voice interrupted her-“Who you talking to?”
She looked over at him, startled-“Oh, Brian. You scared me. I was just thinking out loud.”
He walked over to her and hugged her-“Break ups are tough Lexy, but you and Nick can get beyond this. I promise you will be ok soon. Just let time pass, since you are on different busses, then you will have more time to cool down.” Lexy smiled and nodded, she headed back inside to get Emma. When she was came down, she was carrying Emma to the bus, she dropped the diaper bag, spilling two bottles, and some rattle toys. She looked down-“Crap ” She was about to try to pick them up, when someone reached out before her. She started getting up not noticing who she was thanking-“Uh, Thank you so much. I thought I was gonna have to come-” She stopped when she looked up and was staring right into those baby blues that she made her tingle. He grabbed the diaper bag, she tried to get it back-“Just put it in, there I will take it.”
Nick shook his head, and put the bag over his shoulder-“No, I can help.”
She looked at him, and softly said-“Thank you.”
They walked onto her bus, she set the baby down in her crib, and sighed-“Oh Emmy, why does it have to be like this.” She walked to the kitchen of the bus and was startled to see that Nick was still there. She turned away-“Why are you still here?”
He played with his fingers-“I just wanted to see how you were doing.”
She looked at him-“I’m ok.”
He grabbed her hand-“Lexy can we please talk?”
The touch of his warm hand made her whole body shiver, she pulled it away-“Not now Nick, please.” She walked away from him, to find Sandy and Marcus so they could watch Emma.
Nick sighed, then walked out to get his own stuff ready to go.
Two days had passed since Lexy had spoken to Nick, and yet she still felt completely miserable she missed him, she needed him. One night after the show, Lexy went to Lisa and AJ for help.
Lisa put an arm around Lexy’s shoulder-“He misses you hun.”

AJ laughed-“Boy does he miss you! He talks about how things would be different if you gave him another chance. Come on Lexy, you both love each other.”
Lisa smiled-“And frankly, AJ and I miss our alone time. He just won’t let us have any, if he’s miserable.”
Lexy laughed-“You know, you are right. Do you know where I can find him?”
AJ clapped-“GOOD! Um, I think I heard him say he was gonna be on his bus, writing music. You can surprise him there.”
She smiled as she hugged them both thanking them for their help. She went to her hotel room to make sure her make up was ok., then headed across the street to his bus. The light was on, so she knew he was there. Lexy took a deep breath before opening the door-“Nick, I think we should give it another tr-” She stopped when she had completely opened the door revealing Nick on the couch with Ivy onto of him. Lexy could feel her heart break in two, she turned around and ran out the bus.
Nick threw Ivy off-“Lexy! NO WAIT STOP!! Lexy Please!”
Lexy ran onto the street, then stopped to turn to Nick-“Why Nick? So you can prove how much of an idiot I am for even thinking that you would still be single? I sat there in my room missing you, while you were with...with... HER!” Nick looked at her, and saw the bus coming full speed, he ran at her. She covered her face, knowing it was too late to run.