- Text Size +
Kevin opened the window and started poking at the snow, to see if they could get out, but all it did was drop snow into the house, they quickly closed the window. Kevin picked up the phone-“The avalanche must have knocked the phone lines down. And our phones have no signal!”
Lexy looked around, then started rubbing her arms-“We are gonna freeze aren’t we?”
Kevin shook his head-“No. I’m not gonna let that happen. OK...here’s the plan. We have to keep warm, since the snow is covering the whole house, it will get cold. So since we all have couples, then we can warm up with each others bodies during the night. Howie, go check to see if the chimney’s in the room have snow.” He ran to the rooms, then came back nodding his head. Kevin sighed-“Ok, it will get cold tonight. So keep warm with each others bodies.”
Lexy crossed her arms-“Um hello? Nick and I don’t have partners. And I am not laying with him. So do we have any extra quilts.”
Kevin looked at Nick who put his hands up-“Lexy, can’t you just put your differences aside? You will be cold!”
Lexy shook her head-“NO! I rather freeze that sleep with him, again.”
Nick looked hurt, then Kevin shook his head-“Ok, suit yourself, I think I saw some spare quilts in the closet with our bags. Lexy walked over there and grabbed them, then went to her room to set them down. Everyone was getting ready for bed, Nick looked at Lexy. He watched her go to her room, then closed the door. He went to the closet and got more quilts too, then went to bed.
The next morning, it felt as if it was still night. The snow was still covering the window. Lexy walked out and saw Kevin making something to eat for everyone. Lexy walked over to the couch and sat down, they all did that most of the day, sit around. Marley and Lisa walked over to Lexy and snuggled with her as they talked about stuff. Later on that day, Brian and AJ got the snow in the fire place in the living room to melt. So they got a fire going, and made it last. Lexy sat on the couch drinking hot chocolate, reading a book. Nick walked out from his room stretching, looking around-“Where is everyone?”
Lexy didn’t look up from her book,-“They found a better way to keep warm.”
Nick plopped down across from her-“Really? How?”
She looked up at him with a smirk and a raised eyebrow-“Well...”
He laughed-“OH! Never mind!” She smiled, then rubbed her shoulders. She was wearing a small jacket. Nick looked over at her then got up. When he came back he had a hoodie with him and tossed it at her-“You will freeze with that tiny jacket. Here, where that one. It’s warm.”
She looked up at him, then smiled-“Oh what do you care if I freeze.”
He stopped smiling and looked at her-“More than you know.”
She looked at him, then looked down as she put the sweater on. It was quiet for a bit, it was kind of awkward. Then Aj walked into the room smiling-“Ok, let’s make this a little bit more fun!” He brought out a radio, and hooked up his MP3 player to it and started playing music. He went back into the room to get Lisa to come out and dance with him. Lexy laughed as Lisa pulled her up too. They danced then Nick got up and started dancing too. AJ laughed-“Woo! This is also a way to get warm!!”
Before they knew it, it was night time again. They were all sitting around the fire talking and telling stories and stuff. Then Leighanne got up-“I am tired. It’s time for me to sleep.” Brian got up and started heading off with her. Soon after everyone was starting to get up and stretch.
Nick walked up to Lexy-“Lexy...I don’t care what you say. But I need you in bed!”
Lexy looked at him with a weird look-“EXCUSE ME?”
AJ laughed as he walked up and put his arm around Nick’s shoulder-“Woah Nick. That is not how you ask lady to sleep with you! You have to do it like this. Hey baby...how you doin?”
Nick rolled his eyes-“No, I don’t wanna sleep with her! I just need her warmth. I was soo cold last night!”
Lexy shook her head-“No thank you. You can wear more clothes.”
Nick pouted-“C’mon Lex! Please!! I won’t touch you I promise! I just want the warmth!!”
Lexy laughed, then got serious-“Ok ok! Shut up! Fine. But if you dare touch me! I will throw you off that bed faster than you could realize what you were doing!”
He jumped up and hugged her-“THANK YOU!”
She pulled away-“AAH! TOUCHING!!”
Everyone laughed at them, then said good night as they went to their rooms. They managed to get the fireplaces in the rooms dry and lit. About an hour later, Lexy laid in bed, facing the opposite way than Nick, staring at the wall. She figured Nick was asleep, so she turned around only to see him facing her awake. She looked at him-“hi.”
He smiled-“Hi, why are you awake?”
She shrugged-“I dunno, too much on my mind. You?”
He smiled-“Same here. Except I’m looking at wat is on my mind.”
She blushed, looking into his eyes-“Oh really?”
He nodded, then he got closer to her face and...