- Text Size +
Two hours went by, and the girls were sitting infront of the fire, panicking. Lisa and Lexy would walk to the windows and would look up. It must have been dark cuz they could only darkness. They didn’t know if they made it or not. Three hours later, they had decided to lay down and all dozed off, except Leighanne and Kristin. It had been five hours and they had not heard from the guys. They were starting to panic, when suddenly they heard noises from the door. They screamed, then Kristin got up, she walked to the door and opened it. There was 3 men, dressed like Eskimos with tons of huge warm blankets-“ok Ladies, let’s get you out of here.”
The girls got up and walked to the door. Lexy looked at them-“What about our stuff?”
The man shook his head-“We don’t have time, we don’t know how long our tunnel will last. Come on let’s go!”
The girls covered up with the quilts and headed out. They walked for a while, freezing. It was so cold that it hurt to move, the three men kept talking to them, making sure they stayed conscious. They reached the end of the tunnel and they had a platform that lifted the girls 3 at a time. Lexy was in the second group, when they all were up. They frantically looked for the guys. Leighanne ran to the men that came down-“Where are they? Did they make it? Are they ok?”
The man grabbed her shoulders-“Calm down ma’am. They are all in the emergency center getting checked for frost bite. We are about to take you ladies over there too. Then we will set you up in a hotel.”
The girls were so weak from the cold that they nodded and climbed into the bus that picked them up. When they got to the emergency center, they slowly walked in. They were escorted to a room to get checked. About an hour later, they were warm and well. They were allowed to see the guys. Lexy ran to Nick, not noticing, and jumped into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight-“Oh my God! I didn’t know if you were ok! They wouldn’t tell us anything!”
The other girls also hugged their guys tightly. Lisa looked over at Lexy and gave her a “wat’s up with that” look. Lexy shrugged and buried her face into his chest. He kissed her forehead, she looked up at him-“Nick, how was it?”
Nick sighed-“Oh, it was the worst thing you could imagine. We dug for about an hour and a half, we were so cold! AJ started giving up on me, but I wouldn’t let him.”
AJ nodded as he walked over with Lisa at his side-“Yea. You really pulled through for me man.”
Nick nodded at AJ, then looked at Lexy-“Someone else wants to see you.”
He walked over to a room and brought out Emma and Baylee who ran to his mommy, making her cry from joy. Lexy took Emma and hugged her-“Oh my baby! I was so worried!” Sandy walked over, she hugged him too-“Thank you so much for taking care of her! Thank you!”
Sandy hugged her back-“I’m so glad you guys are ok! After the avalanche, we couldn’t find where the house was, we had people digging for days. It only got worse when the second one came down. We thought we had lost you all. When the guys came up, they told us where to dig and to dig fast. We had people digging for about three hours, and look we have you here!”
Lexy nodded-“Yea, it was extremely cold down there. But I kept my cool.” Everyone laughed at her comment making her blush-“Shh!”
They headed back to the hotel. Lexy walked into her room and plopped down on her bed. She sat there and thought about Nick, and how close this whole experience made them. There was a knock on her door, just as she had sat up. She walked over to it and opened it, Nick stood there with this cute shy look on his face-“Hi.”
With out any words, he wrapped his arms around her waist and started kissing her. They kissed for a few minutes, then Lexy pulled away-“The craziest thing just occurred to me.”
He smiled-“What’s that?”
Still close to his face she whispered-“We haven’t had a bath in days.”
He pulled away making a face-“EUW! That’s true! I need to go shower!”
She laughed as he started walking away. She pulled on his shirt-“Go? I have a better idea.” She pulled him into the bathroom and shut the door.
The next morning they headed back to the tour. They arrived at Milwaukee and headed for the hotel. When they got there, Lexy and Nick were kicked out of their fantasy world and were smacked in the face with reality. When Nick walked into the hotel, Daphne pounced on him, kissing him and hugging him. Lexy stood there with her jaw open.