- Text Size +
Lexy walked past them to her room. Nick glanced at Lexy out of the corner of his eye. She walked into the elevator and turned away. When she got to her room, she plopped down on the bed and sighed. There was a knock on her door, it was Lisa, Toni and Marley. They all smiled at her as they walked in. Toni put a hand on her shoulder-“I’m sorry hun.”
Lexy smiled-“For what? There’s nothing to be sorry about.”
Lisa turned to her-“Lexy please don’t pretend like it didn’t hurt to see Daphne all over Nick. We all saw the look on your face.”
Marley laughed-“The best part was the look on Nick’s face when Daphne pounced on him.”
Lexy laughed a little-“I’m fine guys. We forgot for a brief time about the real world. But it’s ok, we are back to normal, and getting back into the groove.” The girls sat around the room talking about what they were gonna do for the day. They were bored. Lexy laid on the bed letting her head hang upside down.
Just then there was another knock on the door. Marley got up-“I’ll get it.”
Nick stood at the door-“hi? Where’s Lexy?”
Marley pointed to the room-“Why do you wanna know?”
Nick smirked-“Why do you care?” He walked past her and into the room. Lexy looked up from the bed where she was laying. He laughed shyly and pulled up a chair across from her and sat down. The other girls watched them as he stared at her. Lexy rolled over and looked at him-“Can I help you?”
Nick smiled-“I can think of a few ways you could.”
Lexy blushed-“Funny. Wat’s up Nick? Why are you here?”
He sighed-“Daphne is doing a press conference downstairs. I needed to talk to you so I took this opportunity to come up here and talk to you.”
Marley, Toni, and Lisa all stood up-“Um..we are gonna go. We’ll call ya in a bit hun.”
Lexy laughed as the three girls rushed out. Nick watched them leave, as soon as the door closed he laid on the bed next to Lexy. She watched him, then giggled. They laid in her bed looking up at the ceiling. After a few minutes of silence, Lexy spoke-“You needed to talk? Or was that just an excuse to come up here and cheat on your girlfriend again.”
Nick pretended to be offended-“Me? Cheat?” He laughed, he stopped when he looked over at her and she wasn’t smiling-“Ok, time to be serious. Lexy I did forget that I had a girlfriend.”
Lexy interrupted him-“How can we forget something like that?”
Nick stood up agitated that she was not flirty anymore-“I dunno Lexy. I guess we were caught in the panic ”
Lexy scoffed-“Panic? Yea in the cabin there was panic, but did you feel panic last night in the hotel room?”
Nick stared at her, then turned red-“Um...”
Lexy shook her head-“Nick you need to make a decision. You have to choose, me or her. Not both.”
Nick shook his head-“I never intended to have both. I just...don’t know what I’m feeling right now.”
Lexy looked at him-“I'm done crying for you Nick. You need to set your feelings straight.” With that, she walked out of the room, leaving him there. She sighed as she walked over to the elevator, she hoped it would take long so he had time to come out of the room. But he never did. So she went downstairs to sit with Lisa and AJ in the lobby. About fifteen minutes later, Nick ran out of the elevator, he was searching frantically around the lobby. AJ stood up and started walking over to him-“Hey man You ok?”
Nick looked at him, then past him. He ran around him to the table he was at, Lexy watched him, confused. She stood up as he reached her, he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. Lisa smiled and looked at AJ, who gave her thumbs up.
They finished their kiss, Lexy still in his hands whispered-“Wow, wat’s that for?”
Nick smiled-“I don’t know. Something inside of me told me to do this. So I followed it. The feeling came from this area.” He grabbed her hand and put it on his heart. She smiled at him and threw her arms around his neck.
Just then, a bunch of paramedics ran into the hotel-“Where is room 245?”
Nick looked at them-“That’s my room! Daphne! Follow me!” He took off running, the paramedics followed him.
Lexy looked at Lisa-“Stairs!” Lisa nodded, AJ followed. They ran up to the 2 floor, the paramedics had told them that some one called saying that there was a woman unconscious. When Lexy got there, out of breath, she saw Nick standing over Daphne’s body. There was a puddle of blood under her. The paramedics put her on a stretcher and took her away. Nick stood there covering his eyes, shaking his head-“I can’t believe her.”
Lexy put a hand on his shoulder-“What happened?”
Nick looked up, tears filled his eyes-“She cut herself! Because I broke up with her!”
Lexy looked at him surprised, she thought to herself wow that’s a little too much-“Nick, I’m sorry. I-.”
Nick shook his head up and grabbed her shoulders-“No, don’t blame yourself for this. This is my doing ok? I gotta go to the hospital.”
He took off running, AJ followed him-“Yo Bro! I’ll go with you!”
Lisa put her arm around Lexy’s shoulder-“Don’t blame yourself hun. It’s not your thing ok. You can’t help the way your heart feels. Or who it loves. Neither can he, so he can’t blame himself either! Come on, I’ll go with you to the hospital.”
Lexy nodded, then headed to the room to let Sandy know what had happened. When they got to the hospital, Nick was talkin to the doctor. Lexy saw him fall back on the chair shaking his head, she ran to him-“Nick?”
He looked up at her his eyes were red, he stood up and hugged her-“Oh Lexy. She’s gone! And it’s my fault.”
Lexy felt her knees go out-“Oh Nick, I’m sorry. But baby it’s not your fault. I promise you it’s not your fault! You can’t help the way your heart takes you.”
Nick pulled away from her, and looked into her eyes-“I’m glad you came. For a second there I thought I had made the wrong decision. But then you show up and your in my arms and everything is clear. I love you.”