- Text Size +
Lexy put the phone down, Nick walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist-“Who was it?”
Lexy shook her head-“It was Dean, he must have a collaboration for the new cd. I’m gonna tell him my battery died and that I left my charger at my mom’s. I don’t feel like talking business with him during the holidays.”
Nick smiled as he turned around and closed the door of his room. He laid Lexy down on the bed and then laid down too, he was holding himself up with his elbow as he kissed her softly.
Lexy helped the family get ready for the dinner by helping put up decorations, then cleaning the house. Then Christmas night, Nick’s house was full of family members and they all ate dinner, then they gathered around the piano and Nick’s dad played Christmas carols. Everyone sung, then Ginger laughed-“Wait! That’s not fair! This family is full of great singers!!”
They all laughed as they continued singing and having a good time. Nick leaned into Lexy’s ear and whispered-“Did you get what you wanted this Christmas? Cuz I did.”
She looked at him and smiled-“And wat was it you wanted?”
Nick kissed her-“Spending it with you.” She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.
The next day they headed back over to New York to meet up with the rest of the gang, to celebrate New Years together. When Lexy walked into the hotel, Dean walked up to her-“Where have you been? I have been calling you for the past three days. Baby doll I have the best news in the world!!!”
Lexy laughed at his excitement-“What is it Dean? Should I sit down?” She joked.
Dean shook his head-“Ok ok, You have been offered the lead part in the movie The Phantom of the Opera!!”
Lexy stared, with a grin on her face-“Are you serious??”
Dean nodded-“Yes baby girl!!! Isn’t’ that great!!”
Lexy jumped up and hugged Nick who was also excited-“Wow Lex! That is amazing! I am so happy for you!!”
Lexy looked at Dean-“Great! When do we start and where?”
Dean smiled-“We leave for France January 1!”
Lexy turned to Nick-“How great will France be babe!!”
Nick looked down-“Baby, I can’t go with you. We start writing our new CD and have promos.”
Lexy looked at him, then at Dean-“How long will we be in France?”
Dean looked at her-“About a year.”
She smiled hopefully-“Oh, well we can deal with a year, I can see you on the weekends and stuff then come home.”
Dean shook his head-“No hunny, after the movie you start your tour in Europe, and then your new cd and another movie, a kiddish kinda movie Ella Enchanted.”
Lexy sat down-“How long will I be in Europe?”
Dean looked down-“Three to four years.”
She felt sick-“I’m not doing it, that is a lot of time away from home! Nick and I just got our relationship going again. I can’t do it sorry, tell them to find someone else.”
Nick shook his head-“No Lexy, you can’t give this up for me. This is an opportunity of a life time!”
Lexy got up-“I’m not doing it ok? That’s final!”
Dean looked at her-“at least thing about it hun.”
Lexy shook her head and walked out of the lobby to her room. Nick sighed-“I’ll talk to her Dean.”
That night, Lexy had gone out with Lisa, Marley, and Toni to have a girls night out. She needed advice from her friends, but was not getting the advice she wanted to hear. When she got home, she got back to the hotel room, she nearly fainted when she saw...