- Text Size +
The next morning she walked onto the bus to set her stuff down, she was quiet as she walked by the bus driver. Nick was on his way out of the bus-“Hey we’re having a meeting in Kevin’s room.”
Lexy didn’t look at him-“Ok I’ll be there in a bit.”
Nick sighed and shook his head-“No Alexia now!”
She continued walking-“OH well guess y’all will have to wait!”
He grabbed her wrist to turn her around, she winced when he tightened his grip-“NO!”
She pushed her pain aside and looked at him wearily-“Not today Nick!”
He let go of her wrist when he felt it get wet-“What happened to your wrist? There’s blood?”
She put her hands behind her back-“I was playing with my sister and I broke a lamp and cut myself. It was an accident, there is no need to alert the group.” With that she walked into the bathroom, where she re-rapped her wrist as she cried. Brian knocked on the door-“Lexy! C’mon sweety we’re waiting for you.”
She rinsed her face and pulled a wrist band out of her backpack-“I’m coming!”
After the meeting, Maggie pulled Lexy aside and asked her what was going on, why she looked upset, Lexy decided that it was time for someone to know, so she told her everything that had been going on for months now. After hearing it, both girls ended up in tears as Maggie promised not to tell anyone about this. Maggie tried to make the situation a bit lighter with some good news she had just found out-“Hey Lexy, promise not to tell Michael what I am about to tell you?” Lexy wiped away the tears and nodded, so Maggie continued-“ok, I just found out I am pregnant! But I don’t want Michael to know yet. I want to tell him in 2 weeks when we celebrate our two years together.”
Lexy hugged her friend-“Wow! I am so happy for you!! Aww I can’t wait till you have it!!” They decided that it was time to get up and get ready for the show, Darla was gonna be there soon so they had to take showers and stuff. The next night, Lauren(the PR) threw a party for the guys in the ballroom of the Hotel they were staying at, it was a party for the press to be around them and talk to them and for the boys to relax. Everyone danced and had tons of fun, Lexy decided to get trashed, after the events of the day before she needed it. Maggie couldn’t get drunk so she took care of Lexy, since she was underage and all, around 3 am Lexy decided she was done here and needed to go to bed, so she did. When she reached the elevator she sat in it as the room spun, she looked up and Nick was standing there looking down at her. She groaned-“Ugh! Of all people it had to be you!”
He laughed-“I am not so thrilled either, except I get to laugh at how drunk you’re ass is.” When they reached their floor, Nick walked ahead and Lexy stumbled, without turning around Nick spoke to her-“You need help?”
She snapped back at him-“No! I don’t need your help! My life was not that great and you stepping into it only making it worse!”
Nick shook his head as he heard a thud, he turned around and she was on the floor, he went back and helped her up-“C’mon let me give you a hand.”
She tried to pull away but couldn’t-“You don’t care! No one cares about me! You know why I was upset yesterday morning?”
He shook his head-“No, but I’m sure your abut to tell me.”
She continued, ignoring his remark-“Well here is why! My stepdad raped me!” He stopped and stared at her as she continued-“Yep! Oh but don’t worry, he’s been doing it for a while now!”
Maggie had walked out of the elevator and hurried to shut her friend up-“Uh Lexy!”
But Lexy kept going-“And to make the feeling of sickness go away, I cut myself. It makes what ever pain I feel go away! I mean, this is my mom’s husband! And he takes advantage of me! What is wrong with you men?”
Maggie took Lexy’s arm-“C’mon sweetie you have said enough.” Maggie put Lexy in her room, and she took off to the bathroom to throw up. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, Lexy went to bed. Maggie walked out of the room when she was sure that Lexy was asleep and ok. Nick was standing outside of the room with his key in his hand, waiting for Maggie to step out-“Maggie, what is going on?”
Maggie put her head down-“Nick, this is something you are gonna have to talk with Lexy about when she wakes up. When she is sober, so she can tell you what she just blurted out. I’m sorry but I can’t let you know anything.” She walked to her room and closed the door.
Nick stood infront of Lexy’s room thinking about what had just happend, he shook his head and walked over to his room. He lay in his bed, her voice loudly screaming in his head. He could still here the pain in her voice, the confusion when she asked what was wrong with men. ‘That is a good question, what is wrong with that asshole that has done this to her’, he thought. He sighed as he turned off his lights and went to bed.
Lexy woke up with the biggest headache in the world, there two aspirins on her side table, a glass of milk, aspirin shouldn’t be taken on an empty stomach, and a pair of sunglasses. She smiled as she realized who had set them there-“AJ.” She got up, took a shower, and got something to eat, that’s when it hit her. She remembered what she had blurted out to Nick the night before, ‘Oh no! How could I be so stupid! Of all people to blurt that kind of shit out to! Oh, maybe he was drunk too, hopefully he forgot!’ Just as she finished that thought, there was a knock at the door, followed by-“Alexia! It’s Nick, we need to talk!” Lexy put her hand on her forehead sighed. She opened the door and looked into his eyes as he softly said “Hi.” She opened the door wider and walked away, he followed her as the went to sit on the love seat in her room.
She sat down and looked at him-“What’s up?”
He looked at her in disbelief-“What’s up? What do you mean what’s up? You know why I’m here. Tell me what you meant last night?”
Lexy tried to keep her cool-“Last night? I was drunk Nick, I didn’t know what I was saying I-”
Nick interrupted her-“No...tell me the truth.”
She breathed in slowly-“Ok, fine. 9 months ago, my mom met this man named Jonathon, who is closer to my age than hers! They dated for three months, after that, not knowing much about each other or anything, they got married. Soon after, my mom started working nights and he started to get frustrated. One night I was out with my friends and he caught them smoking pot and doing all kinds of things, but I wasn’t doing anything! I told him I wasn’t and he knew I wasn’t but with his frustration of my mom being gone almost every night, he decided he would believe I did do drugs. One night as I slept in my room, he went in and held me down, I struggled and pleaded that he wouldn’t but he did. He said that if I mentioned this to anyone, he would tell my mom that I did do drugs and tell her that I wanted him to be mine. My mom would believe him too because she swears he doesn’t lie. So I kept my mouth shut, and he continued doing that to me.” She looked at him, and he was getting mad but held it in. She looked away from him, as the tears started to roll down her cheeks one by one-“Soon after this had started, I felt like I needed to drown my sorrows, with pain. After he would leave my room I would take a blade, razor or even a piece of glass and cut my arm, not deep enough to where I would bleed to death. Instead of going across the wrist I went up and down. It was the only way I could make the horrible feeling of HIM go away.” By this time, she was sobbing, looking down. She couldn’t’ look at him, not to his face, especially after the past few months she had played off as such a badass-“Please Nick you can’t tell anyone! Please?!”
Nick looked at her, holding back his own sadness-“ Lexy, you should have reported him. This is dangerous for you! What if you would have accidentally slit your vein?”
Her sob got harder-“I know Nick! I know, but I couldn’t take my mind off of it! Ok I have issues I’m not perfect! I’m not such the badass as I came off! There now you know what brings Alexia down! Now you can go off and tell your friends that I am this low piece of shit that cuts herself, bring me down more Nick!! Happy now??” She was shaking as she sobbed into her hands.
Nick kneeled infront of her and removed her hands from her face-“Lexy, I’m sorry I have been such an ass in the past. It’s over now Lex! You are with us now! He can’t get to you!” He stopped and thought about the other morning-“Oh Lexy! The other morning, when I grabbed your hand, you had just gotten back from staying with your family. Don’t tell me he did it here!!” She looked away from him and nodded. He took her hand and removed the wrist band she was wearing, revealing her bandage. She looked at his face, she could see concern a side of Nick she had never gotten the chance to see. He looked up at her-“Can I see? It’s time for new bandages anyways.” She was hesitant, but nodded. She watched him look at her wrist, his hands were softly touching her arm. He slowly took them off and gasped a little bit when he saw her vertical gash. She felt her tears start up again but he stopped her-“Shh no Lexy! No, it’s ok. It’s over!” He quickly wrapped her in a tight hug, she silently sobbed for a little bit in his chest, minutes later she let out a sigh. He helped her get new bandages and put her wrist band back on.
She smiled-“You called me Lexy.”
He laughed-“Yea I did. What do you say we end this little war between us?” He put his hand out for her to shake, she laughed and shook it, he laughed-"Good deal.”