- Text Size +
We agreed that it was over
Now the lights have all been drawn
Vows were made
Began to fade but now they’re gone
Put your pictures in a shoe box
And my gold ring in a drawer
I’m not supposed to love you anymore


I stared at the wall blankly as I thought what went wrong with my marriage to my wife Meagan. I never though it would end it seemed so perfect but I guess we were both wrong.


When we first got married we were just so full of love. We couldn’t stop holding hands, kissing and even at one point stop saying ‘I love you’. And we ended up having our little daughter Nicole who is only four months old. Meagan said I could have total control of our daughter since she is always working. In a way it makes perfect sence to me. I heard the doorbell ring. I opened it and there was one of my buddies Howie.


“Hey man how’s it going?”


“Pretty good.What brings you here?”


“I brought Nikki over. Meagan asked me too. She said she was too busy or something. I don’t know”


“Oh well where is she? You didn’t leave her at your house did you?”


“No of course not she’s in the car” I walked outside and went to Howie’s car and took Nicole out.


We waked back into the house and she fell back alseep in her car seat so I just left her there for the time being.


“Is that all you were here for ws just to bring me my daughter?”


“Pretty much unless there was something else you wanted help with”


“No…not really but I have to get going anyway. I have some cleaning to do. So I will talk to you later man alright?”


“Alright” Howie walked back out to his car and drove off. Its just really weird how Meagan asked Howie to bring her here when I am just a phone call away.


I walked back into my bedroom and took down all the pictures of us together and hid them in an old shoe box I had laying around in my closet. I still hadnt taken off my ring so I shoved that in a drawer somewhere to be unseen. I finally filled the box up with old memories that we shard along the way of our marriage and even our just dating period. I took the box which is now full and shoved it into my closet on the stop shelve since I’m not supposed to love her anymore.