- Text Size +
Only a couple of hours have passes since lunch and now Christina was now off work for the rest of the day…only thinking of what happened at the deli during lunch. Christina walked down the street to the parking garage where her car was parked. She dug her keys out of her purse and unlocked the doors, She got into her car and drove to the nearest grocery store closest to her house.


Christina grabbed a cart and made her way to the produce section where again she saw the one person who she thought she never expected-Brian.


“Hey!” she turned around and Brian was waving her down.


“Great! Why does he want to keep talking to me?” she said to herself.


“Vet girl thanks for taking my dog in” he thanked.


“The name is Christina and it’s so problem really. Just doing my job” “No really thank you. Tyke just ate something bad he said he’ll be fine in a couple of days”


“Again, no problem” Christina replied and started to walk away. “Wait Christina..”


“Yes?”


“Would you like to go out to tonight? You know for taking care of my dog”


“You want to take me out?”


“Yes…is there a problem?”


“No…no just surprise I guess. I don’t really think its necessary. But I guess I can take you up on that offer” she smiled.


“Wonderful! How about I pick you up at 7?”


“Okay just let me give you my address” Christina pulled a piece of paper out of her purse and wrote her address down.



“Thank you very much”


“You very welcome. I’ll see you tonight”


“Okay see you later” Brian shot her a smile and she smiled back. She couldn’t believe Brian just asked her out.


” What am I going to wear?” she pondered to herself.


~~~


Christina waited patiently for Brian to arrive. “Oh, I hope he doesn’t stand me up. That’s all I would need” she said aloud and just then the door bell rang. Christina walked over to the door and opened it.


“Hi Brian I’m glad you made it”


“Ah I couldn’t stand up a beautiful lady like you” Christina blushed. No one ever called her beautiful before. It felt good for once.” Here I brought you this” he said pulling a red rose from behind his back.


“Thank you Brian you are so sweet. Please come in” Brian walked in. Christina went to go and put her one rose in a little vase.


“I thought we would go out for some coffee and cake or something.”


“That sounds good. Let me grab my purse and then we can go” Christina said coming back in from the kitchen holding the vase and setting it down on the coffee table. And then soon reached for her purse and coat and then they were on their way out the door.