- Text Size +
'It was the 15th of June when she walked in my life, it was the first time someone said hello with her eyes'

Baylee was cheering for joy as Leighanne was pushing him as he sat on the swing. Brian watched form a bench not far away.

It was a perfect day. They had decided to go to a park which was located just 5 minutes form their house in Atlanta. They were sure not fans would be bothering them, as this was a neighbourhood were also other famous persons were living and so there was a high standard of security all around and the police used to check out this area more often then other areas.

The sun was burning from the sky and Brian could already feel a small sunburn on the back of his neck as he was sitting there watching his son and wife enjoying some last spare time together with him. He was about to leave next week. The Backstreet Boys were about to start recording their sixth album. The first one being only on four.

Brian thought about the fact that Kevin had actually left them. He couldn’t blame him, since Brian had been thinking about leaving the group himself more than one time before. Now that he watched his family on this sunny day in the park he almost wished that he had quitted. Almost. On the other hand he had some great ideas of songs for the new record. Last night, while Leighanne slept he had another one finished.


“ Daddy come swinging with me!” Brian was ripped out of his thoughts as his three years old son was standing in front of him, hands on his hips as he had seen his mother do when she really wanted her husband to do something.

Brian had to laugh.

“As you request, Sir!” he answered and got up from the bench stretching his back.

“You are getting old, Daddy!” Baylee stated as he watched his father standing up.

Brian could hear Leighanne laughing out lout. She was still standing at the swing waiting for them to return.

“I warn you. Both of you. When I’ll get you you’ll wish had never made fun of an old man!” he joked in a treating voice and started to chase his son, who had run of screaming in the direction of his mommy, jumping in her open arms.

“Run mommy!” Baylee squalled and Leighanne obeyed.



Later that day when they were home again, Baylee had been so tired he almost fell asleep at the dinner-table and Brian carried him up to his room. When Baylee then finally was ready to go to sleep, Brian was about to read him a good-night story.

“Okay kiddo, which one do you want to hear? Something new of Winnie the Pooh?” Brian asked as he sat down on the edge of Baylee’s bed. He could tell that his son would be asleep before he even finished to read one page to him.

“No Daddy. Please sing something for me, ‘kay?” Baylee asked which already half closed eyes.

“Okay, I will. Which song?” Brian asked smiling.

“Our song, Daddy!” Baylee demanded instantly.

“How could I have asked!” Brian smiled. It was a song he had written when Baylee was barely one month old, and from that day on almost had sung it to him every day.

I'll try to make the sun shine brighter for you
I will even play the fool if it makes you smile
I'll try to make you laugh if there's a tear in your eye
After all is said
After all is done
I'd do anything for you

Come with me, close your eyes
Hold my hand, it'll be alright
Don't be scared, don't be shy
Lift your head it's gonna be alright

I'll try to make the stars shine brighter for you
And I'll take you on my shoulders, hold you way up high
I'll even chase the rainbow hanging in the sky
COs after all is said
After all is done
I'd do anything for you


Baylee had fallen asleep. Brian quietly stood up, covering his son with his blanket and headed out of the room. Leighanne had been standing in the doorframe watching her husband putting their son to bed and listened to the song she knew he had written just for Baylee.

She kissed her husband as he had closed the door to Baylee’s room.

“Hey, where did that come from?” he asked her while he put his arms around her.

“Because you are an wonderful father and I love you!” she said leaning her head to his shoulder.


Not much later they both decided to go to bed early since the day in the park had not only Baylee worn out.
When they were lying in their bed Leighanne snuggled close to Brian, resting her head on his shoulder.

“Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to leave” Brian said softly while stroking his wife’s blond hair.

“You love the work with the guys. It’s the other part of you live Bri. You can’t just skip one part of you life!” Leighanne said.

“But Kevin did!”

“You are not Kevin. Don’t be silly. Baylee and I are fine. You’ll be back in three weeks and we’ll call you every evening to make sure you are a nice boy!” she said sheepishly.

“I love you, you know that?” Brian asked turning to his side to kiss his wife passionately.

While falling asleep Brian thought that there couldn’t be anything better in his world than his little family.



  • Lyrics from "Come with me" by Phil Collins