- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all your reviews. In this chapter you are going to learn a little about Baylee. I'm not sure if you are going to like it...
Dr Robben was surprised at the younger mans reaction. He had seen people broke down quite some times since he had been a doctor in ER for more then fifteen years now.

Brian did not cry, nor did he scream or run off or doing any of those actions Robben was used to see after telling people that their loved once were gone.

But instead, the sandy-blond man shortly closed his eyes, then opened them again, looking with sad blue eyes into those of the doctor in front of him.

“Can I see her?” his voice was calm, no hint of emotions was shown.

“Sure. I accompany you to intensive care” the doctor said trying to be comfortable.

While walking down some busy corridors of the Medical Centre, Brian tried not to think about the fact that his wife was dead. He wanted to see her, to hold her hand and tell her that everything was going to be alright, that she would be home really soon and…

“Doctor, I have heard nothing about my son so far. He was also in the car” Brian spoke up walking next to the man in green.

“I’m sorry, I heard nothing about him, which doesn’t mean a thing. I was busy with you wife, but while you are with her, I try my hardest to get some news for you okay? Here we are” he said, pointing towards the next room to their left.

Through the big windows next to the door the doctor had pointed to, Brian could see some familiar machines, some IV’s, a huge amount of tubes, and, in the middle of all this stuff, a bandaged head and a face underneath.

No, no, no, no, no, no. This can’t be true. I’m dreaming. This is a bad dream.

Dr Robben realised that the husband of his patient next to him was lost deep in thoughts, but decided that he needed to disturb him now. He wanted him to spent some time with his wife, who he was sure of, already was gone. And he wanted to find an anything about the boy of these two people. Marcus Robben silently prayed that the boy was okay, but normally the fact that he, as the head of the ER, did know nothing about the boy, wasn’t a real good one.

“Mr Littrell, I asked a nurse to call your wife’s family, and I’ll ask her to call yours as well. I’ll be back as soon as I have the test results and news about your son.”

Test results? Wasn’t Leighanne waiting for test results as well? He might never know if they would have had twins or not, or if it would have been boys or girls or….

“Mr Littrell?” the doctor now was a little concerned about the lack of emotions on the mans face and the fact that he seemed to be spacing out every single second.

“Sure, Doctor. Go ahead.” Brian said without really looking at the doctor and now headed for the door.


When he entered the room, the typical hospital smell hit him full force. God, he hated hospitals.

He could barely recognise his wife through all the bruises and band aids in her face. He eyes were closed. She was keep breathing thought a tube in her mouth.

Brian closed his eyes, again hoping that he would be waking up for this bad dream soon.

“I have to be strong. I have to be there for her” he repeated over and over again in his head. He was sure that this was the only thing keeping him from falling apart.

He approached the hospital bed and picked up a chair located at the end of the bed. He barely found any space next to the bed to settle down next to the fragile looking form of his wife. He carefully grabbed her hand, which was hooked up to IV’s and blood transfusions squeezing it a little.

Finally, after some moments of just looking at her, he finally found a little strange to speak to her.

“Honey, you can’t go. I need you here with me. I need you, and Baylee needs you as well. I don’t even know about him, how he is. Nobody is telling me. I can’t loose you. I can’t cope with this. Please fight honey. Please!” He couldn’t say anything more, or else he would have lost it.

He put Leighanne’s lifeless hand into both of his, speaking a silent prayer.



Dr Robben had watched Brian walking into the room and after some seconds, grabbing a chair and sitting down.

Then he left the couple alone trying to get any news on their son.

After some minutes of searching, he meet Dr Clark, his assistance.

“Judy, do you know anything about the Littrell son? He must have been brought here with his mother!” he asked her.

“Yes, I was treating him when he came here” Judy Clark replied.

“How is he?” Robben asked firmly.

“He’s in surgery right now. His condition is very critical. Head trauma, broken bones, a punctured lung…shell I go on? It’s a miracle he’s still alive” she explained sounding really sad and tired.
“How is the mother?”

“Currently in Coma. But due to the seriousness of her head injuries…I’m going to run some EEG now, but… I’m almost 100 per dent sure there will be no activity left.” The doctor explained, hating to admit the fact that there was absolutely nothing he could do about it.

“Never give up hope, Marcus!” his assistance said, trying to sound encouraging.

“I won’t, but there is not much left…”

“Did you get that?” someone behind asked.

Doctor Robben and Doctor Clark spun around and then were greeted by a microphone with an MTV icon on it.

“Did you just say that Leighanne Littrell, wife of Backstreet Boys Brian Littrell is dead?” the man asked speaking into the microphone and now hurrying to get it back under Robben’s nose so that his answer wouldn’t be missed. Behind him was another man, carrying a TV camera on his shoulder.

“How are you? What are you doing here? This is a hospital!” he responded, anger rising in his voice.

“This is Tim Bascott for MTV Breaking News. How is Littrell’s son? There where rumours saying that he was also in the car…” again the microphone was under his nose.

“Out! NOW! Security!” Dr Robben shouted angrily.

Just some seconds later two male nurse approached the MTV team and guided them out of the building.

Robben and Clark followed them some meters and saw that there were another dozen of reporter teams form all bigger and less big TV channels waiting at the entrance of the building.

“Horrible persons!” Marcus Robben said disdaining.

“Did you know that?” Judy glanced at the boss.

“I thought that this guy somehow looked familiar” he explained.

“This means a lot more work and stress to keep this pack of vultures out of here!” she said sounding annoyed.

“And it’s going to be a lot harder for Brian Littrell. As if it wasn’t hard enough already” with that said he left his assistance standing in the hallway heading of in direction of intensive care unit.

He turned one more time.

“Tell me everything about the boy as soon as you know. You know where to find me!”