- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this is another really, really long one!
hope you enjoy reading as much as i enjoy writing this story.

luv ya lots,
oxoxoxoxoxo
~*manda*
Nick and Keria walked together with there hands intertwined joking and laughing around, they never noticed the somber looks on peoples faces around them. All they noticed was eachother and how much they are falling for eachother. They never noticed the little boy and girl crying in the corner of the elevator grabbing ahold of there fathers leg. They never noticed the old man bowing his head praying. They never noticed the sound and eery feeling engulfing there bodies and surroundings. They were joking around with each other oblivious to the outside world. Oblivious to damage and destruction that was there momentairly sanctuary.

Nick and Keria walked out of the elevator with there arms wrapped around each other, if they would of been paying attention they would know. As soon as they step out those doors, there lives will be indefinently changed, a memory that will stay implanted in there souls something that will make them weaker and stronger all at once. Nothing could of prepared them for what they were going to see and encounter head on. There were no words for how greatful they are going to be to have eachother, to have someone to lean on. For there lives as they know it has changed.


Keria was the first one to see it, her home away from home half of it floating away. All her Memories and good times of her year in Austraila nothing but a floating Memory. Were her and her friend Casilyn used to hang out to get ice cream after they worked there *** off at the gym. She saw the sign floating by her. She saw the place were she was suposed to take nickers to get fixed the once old victiorian style house was blown over, engulfed in smoke. Keria had to blink twice to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She opened her eyes and muttered 'This is real'. Keria had to swallow back tears. Never in her life had she experienced such destruction, such an emtional jolt in her heart.

Never in her life of 22 years had she seen such devistation, never in her life had she seen so many people crying. She never heard the chrous of cries and pleas. If she was to listen closely or if she was to read minds she was sure she would hear all of the missing praying for there loved ones. Nick noticed her eyes tearing up " Lets go okay, theres nothing we can do."
Nick squeezed her tightly and felt his own eyes stinging begging for release.

Keria looked up into nicks eyes "Nick if its like this here, Then trust me i have nothing to go home too." Keria said instantly remembering the high waters of the ocean pouring into her back yard.

Just then nick leaned down and kissed her head " Everything is going to be okay."

"Nick how can you say that?" Keria shook her head " Nick you have something to go home too, your home probably isn't floating in the ocean somewheres."

Nick had no idea what to say to that comment " Keria, lets not think the worse until it happens okay. Lets go check out your house and the damage."

Nick wrapped his arms around her just then the Security guy last night walked over to them. " Mr. Carter im sorry we advise you to stay in, they are warning everyobdy to stay off the roads. major flooding over in the julinapea area, roads are washed out tree limbs are down and if there not down they may fall over."

Nick looked at his nametag " Ralph, Thanks for caring but what about the Sandiroa area. how about that how are things looking over there?"

Ralph looked disapointed " Nick, I know that look I am telling you to stay off the roads. Raplh noticed the look in Kerias eyes pure fear, he noticed the way she was clinging onto nick for dear life. he noticed the way she was starring into his eyes hanging on every word.

Ralph sighed " But if you were to head over to the Sandiroa area, you would get on the 206 highway you would turn off at exit 33 then you would follow maskin road until you came too blundery st. then you would go straight through the lights until you came to a 4 way stop intersection you want to turn left onto the road called Sara lane and follow it straight for about 10 mins. Then that should take you straight to the small town of Sandiroa area. But of course that is just hypothetically speaking."

Ralph smiled the best he could. You would want to take the car in the garage because your to vehciles have been submerrged in water. "Mr. Carter you were lucky you were staying on the top floor, the bottoms have been flodded and they woke up to there beds floating."

Nick sighed "Thank you ralph."

"Mr. Carter please be safe, and be quick they are about to close the highways, you will need to take the back entrance because the front exit as you see is flodded, the back exit there is slightly less water, be careful and darlin as far as I know there hasn't been any significant damages reported in the sandiroa area, just a few broken windows and such. They were pretty lucky in those parts."

Ralph said in a thhick Aussie accent " Thank you Ralph" Nick replied and Keria went over and gave him a big hug " Thank you for all your help."

"Your welcome darlin, and Nick please call when you reach your destination" Ralph replied.

Nick smiled " Will do, Thanks again."

Nick and Keria rolled up there pants to there knees, and walked through the deep water, and moved the peices of wood floating around. Keria then noticed something that caught her eye. She let go of nicks hand and waded over and saw her lisense plate off her car it said 'ARS2207 ' . Nick saw her grab the lisense plate and hold it tight to her chest. Nick saw her whipe her eyes with her hands which just caused more water to run down her face. As her hand was submerged in water.

Nick wrapped his arm around her waist and opened the car door for her, once they reached the area, ralph was right there wasn't as much water out back, but it was still going to be difficult to get to there destination.

Nick was able to get through the massive puddles that looked like ponds, and made it too the turn off on the highway. There was a pretty big tree limb acting as a barrier for the highway. Nick noticed there was another car there pulled over in the same boat. he walked over and tapped on the window, he rolled down the window only for there to be a bright flash in his eyes.

"What the Hell" Nick asked while he rubbed his eyes trying to stop the dots from appearing.

"your Nick Carter of the Backstreet boys right, i am a reporter and my sources tell me that you are staying here in Austraila. They also tell me that you have a new a Girlfriend and you are cheating on your wife. What do you say to that Nick Carter.?" The reporter asked jotting down nicks every move and every pause.

"I say that you have a lot more things to worry about right now, Are you fuc*ing crazy? There was a huge hurricane and your more worried about my love life. There are people lost, and dying and have lost everything they own and all your worried about is my love life!!? " Nick asked again through gritted teeth.

"You are Fuc*ing un-belivable" Nick shook his head

The reporter was speechless " Mr. Carter I'm sorry but i have a job to do, and i was assigned to you. I know its not right but its how I make my living until I find a new job. I didn't mean to disrespect you or anyone else, but this is my job and im on probation for 3 months. I just got out of college and i need the money. Do you think I want to be doing this? My wife just had a baby, and our house is flodded out. We just bought it, and we didn't even have the chance to put insurance on it. We need the money for our little merrilee, our beautiful week old daughter. I promise I wont bug you again but i need your help."

The reporter speeled out with tears in his eyes. Nick was completely speechless he had no idea what to say to that. He never thought of reporters or the paparazi doing this to him and everyone else out there im the limelight for money. He never once thought of them having familys and needing the money. He just always thought of them as annoying and ignorant as*wholes who care about no one but themselves. Nick looked over at Keria and lightly smiled with tears in his eyes.

Nick sighed " Alright I will give you the story as long as you help me move this peice of tree blocking the road,and go directly home to your family. They need you right now more than anything. This is a time to be with family and friends and loved ones. so heres the scoop" nick smiled as the man held the tape recorder up to him.

"I love Issabelle and she will always hold a special place in my heart but things just weren't working out. So we are getting a divorce. As for having a new a girlfriend I would really like to keep that to myself. Im not saying I have a girlfriend and im not saying I dont I would just like to keep that part of my life to myself and the people close to me. As for staying in Austraila I am here to do some promoting but due to the recnet tragedy here im not sure how long I will be staying but i will do in all my power to help out, while my stay here premits me too."

"Thank you Mr. Carter, for doing that for me do you have any idea how much that story is going to help out me and my family. Do you have any idea that that exclusive just bought me and My family a life something to live off of until my next gig."

Nick didn't really know what to say he wasn't fond of the paparazi, but after todays incident he is going to be a little more nice to the media, more understanding. and not always so no comment. Hes going to put the record straight. " your welcome, but please dont add words to the statement and twist it around, I told you the truth and I expect you to speak the truth thats all I ask. If you do or my words get changed in some way. I will sue you and your company. Man to man I gave you your story, so I expect you to act like a Man and do it the way i asked."

Nick smiled " Now lets move this so we can try to move on with our lives".

The reporter smiled and helped him move the barrier, Nick and Keria got back in the car and drove onto the highway and were happy to see that therr were very few cars, Just lots of water laying on the road. Between the two of them they were able to move anything that was in there way, on the old roads. Nick and Keria heard a tree fall over behind them and it just missed their car. Nick jsut grappbed Keria's hand tighter and squeezed it.

He noticed Keria looking at her little town, she has made her home for a year and watched as she took mental images and compared it to what it used to be. Nick broke the Silence " What you thinking about hun?"

Keria looked over at him "Ummm...nothing and everything my mind is pretty blank at the moment, yet i have so much running through. I guess im just thankfull that We are okay." Keria smiled the best she could.

"Yea, i know what you mean?" Nick stuttered "Im glad I have you too". Nick kissed her hand then slammed on the breaks. when he saw 4 kittens wandering around aimlessly in the middle of the road looking lost.

Nick pulled over and parked the car, and walked to move the kittens keria helped him out. There cries were soft and heartbreaking and Keria lost it she broke down everything she has been trying to hold in she let out, and nick was there to catch her when she fell to her knees.

"Nick look". Keria said as she pointed towards the side of the road where there was a cat, the looked to be dead. Nick noticed the kittens surrounding the cat.

"Nick its not fair, all those kittens are going to starve because some ******* killed their mother. Nick its not fair they have no one. The are little orphans." Keria cried.

"Aww, hunny come on let go go pick them up they can stay with me okay. There not going to be orphans." Nick was caught by suprise When Keria kissed him hard on the lips, and her tears. The passion in Their kiss was the last and final emotion nick needed to spill warm tears cascading down his cheeks they meshed together.

Nick was out of breath when he let her pouty lips go " What was that for?"

Keira muttered "I just felt like it, Nick you are Amazing you will really take the kittens in."

Nick lightly laughed " Anything to make you smile."

"Now come on, we need to get to your house and feed these poor little drowned rats." Nick pouted after keria, lightly pushed him then grabbed him by the waist " There not drowned rats." Keria glared after trying to put a seat belt around them.

Nick chuckled " Keria I really dont think the seatbelts gonna work to well hun". She shut the car door.

"The way you drive and lock the breaks up, these kittens are gonna need something to save them." Keria stated jokingly, but it was a serious joking.

Nick pulled her into a hug, and saw nickers cuddled up on her lap. Nick patted the dog " Your still alive aren't ya little guy." We was surpised when they were walking through all the water all the times nick had slammed on the breaks though the course of the day. He was suprised Nickers didn't die from a heart attack.

"Barely." Keria giggled lightly " Nick just drive."

A few minutes later they pulled into Kerias driveway " **** Keria your house, is like 5 times the size of my house its gorgeous. " Nick stated in awwe... "Well babe your house is okay."

Nick said once they were inside the foryea, Keria let the kittens down and the dog went to his room where his food, doggy door, and bed was located. and The Kittens imidately followed him and started to cry. Nick and Keria watched as nickers picked up the kittens by the scruff of the neck and carry them one by one to his bed and jumped up and went to sleep next to them.

Nick helped Keria find some bowls and poured some milk into it for the kittens, he poured some dog food for Nickers. Nickers opened one eye and looked at Nick with his arms wrapped aroound keria from behind. Then shut his eyes and went to sleep.

Keria Yawned " She leaned against nick for support, god im so tired."

Nick smiled and picked her up " Wheres your bedroom?" Nick asked in a seductive voice.

Keria pointed up " Nick, carried her up the stairs and had to stop half way. " **** Keria you could of warned me there was like 50 stairs to walk up."

Keira giggled " you didn't have to carry me you know, I would of gladly took your hand and dragged you to my bedroom." Keria winked.

Nick smirked " Ohh, Really so which rooms your bedroom?" Nick asked once he he was at the very top and noticed a really nice decorated area.

Keria giggled " All of it, My bed is right behind you!"

Nick turned around and had to laugh " wow, you have a bigger room than me." Nick said as he fell back against the bed and looked around the decorated area.

Keria chuckled and crawled on top of Nick and kissed him hard " Yea, i know im going to have to go back to Canada in a month and back to small little room in the attic. This bed is bigger than my bedroom bak home." Keria said and kissed his neck.

Nick kissed her back and pulled her shirt over her head, and kissed all the bare skin he was able to touch and leave his trail of fire causing her skin to burn. Nick then pulled away and had to laugh at a thought that was drifting through his head.

"Keria when you go back to Canada whos gonna take the kids?" Nick laughed trying to mask his sadness he never knew he could feel this strongly about someone so soon, so fast.

Keria pulled away and stopped kissing him "Nick shut up and just kiss me." Keria reached down and un-did his shorts, and pulled them down over his ***.
Keria mumbled against his lips "I love your ***." Keria giggled and squeezed it, and massaged and kneaded it.

Nick moaned " God, Keria my *** loves you too."

She then pulled away " Nick is this okay?"

Nick was throughly enjoying the attention he was getting from Kerias hands, her lips, the reaction her body had when he itimately touched, the look in her eyes when he pulled her shorts down over her hips. and left the imprints of his lips all over her body.

Nick pulled away breathlessly "Is what okay, Keria?" Nick asked as he brought his head up from her belly button and kissed all the way up to her leaving stuble marks all across her bare skin. causing fire to burn deep within her. He kissed her lips and moved his head to her ear sucking on her earlobe, and sucked it in and whispered " Us doing this, us being intimate, us making love, us making eachother feel out of this world good. Yes i think its okay do you?"

Nick asked huskily causing keria to breathe more shallowly, she then arched her body as she felt Nick do things to her body she has only imagined, she has only read about in romance novels. She has never felt anything this amazing.. "Mmm...I think so." Keria moaned. She ridded nick of the rest of his clothes he kissed her passionately " Are you sure?" Keria kissed him harder for response and kissed him down his well defined chest, bringing nick to experience the same things and more that Keria has. Then nicks phone started to vibrate and make a loud noise on the floor. They ignored it at first then it was to hard to ingore as it continued ringing.

Keria climbed under the covers as nick answered the phone buck naked and answered the phone out of breath " Hello!! What" nick asked out of breath.

"Nick its Brian, Johhny has been trying to contact you all day, where in the hell are you dude. We have been worried sick you were hurt from the hurricane. We never knew it was that bad man why didn't you say anything?" Brain asked the fear obvious in his voice.

"Me and Keria didn't know it was that bad, anyways sorry im at Kerias what does Johnny want." Nick asked a little more kinder and his breathing starting to return to normal.

"What no he cant." nick said after Brian told him.

"Sorry Man, I know you are enjoying yourself down there, but he doesn't think its safe for you down there and all your Promoting events are cancelled until everything returns to order down there."

"Yea, whatever i will talk to you later."

"Nick, dont shoot the messenger. Love you glad your okay. talk to you later sorry to interupt, whatever it was I intterupted." Brian chuckled.

"Sorry, yea its nothing dont worry about it dude. Bye Brian."
Nick sighed 'Well not anymore' nick realised looking over at keria asleep under the covers.

Nick looked out the window then crawled under the blankets and wrapped his arms around keria and kissed her forehead Keria just drew her body closer too nicks and snuggled against him.

Nick mumbled " Well isn't this just a beautiful disaster."

He wasn't ready to leave Keria not yet, he wasn't sure if he was ever going to be able to leave her. He loved her and he was never ready to leave the ones he loved. Those were the last thoughts before he drifted himself off to sleep.