- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading...
more Shockers comming your way, very soon!
Nick could here the un-certainty in her voice something he has never heard from Keria ever. A Tone Never, not even when he found out she was lying to him. Her Voice was never more raspy and shaky and strong ever. It frightened him. Nick took a deep breath, and walked out of the kitchen he really couldn't take another run in with Isabelle today or any other day for that fact. So he walked out side grabbed his towel with one hand and dipped his feel in the pool, sometimes just the feel of water burrying deep between his toes was enough to Relax him.

Nick let out his deep breath, and stared directly into the sun, and he found himself muttering. "Okay, Ker Go on im Listening". Nick waited for her to say something just as he was about to coax her further.

He heard her shaky voice come on the phone, and he was sure he heard sniffiling. "Nick, please know that what im going to tell you I thought it was the best decesion for everyone at the time. Espeically maddison and I never meant for any of this to happen to anyone. Im a life Ruiner." Keria sobbed.

Nick heard Keria hyperventalating over the phone... " Shhh, keria Babe you need to breath okay. Whatever it ism its not worth your tears. I promise you that okay. You dont need to tell me hunny, but it might make you feel better."

"Nick- you, you You really don't understand it is that bad, and-and I never meant to hurt you. I th-Though- Thought it was best for everyone in the situatuon. Please dont hate me, I really dont think I could handle that right now."

"Shhh, Keria its okay whatever it is I Promise I could never hate you. Or any part of you, We may not be together but it doesn't mean I still dont love you. I just can't be with you right now." Nick tried to console Keria over the phone, what he would give to be in her arms right now. Run her a warm bath to calm down, rub her back while she cried. He cant do that anymore thats not his place anymore.

"I know Nick and im Sorry". Keria sniffled "Okay here it is Nick, You can hate me all you want but you shouldn't-"

As much as Nick tried to ignore the call waiting it kept beeping in. It was Howie it must be important for him to call me times in the past 15 mins.

"Keria hun, Hold that thought okay im really sorry to do this but Howie is on the other line and i tried to ignore it but it must be important. Stay on the line we can talk as soon as Im done I'll be as quick as I can."

Keria was quickly loosing her nerve not as if she ever really had it in the first place, she was quickly loosing what ever edge, that was brought down to tell Nick he has a little girl. She now thought it was better un-said and to find some other man to claim maddie as their own someday. Or maybe maddison will just forget about it if she puts it off and give up. HA, Keria laughed out loud like that would ever happen. She is Nick carters daughter and my daughter we have to be the most persistant, and Stubborn people I know. I mean hell Maddie has no chance in hell not to be. Keria giggled at the last part.

She wished that Nick was there to see their little girl grow up into the cute little 3 year old she is, to hear her first word which was Daddy. To see her walk her first steps. To help calm her when maddison had a temp. of 103 and raising by the minute. Just to be there, so she didn't have to do everything alone. Even though Andrea and Natalie have always been their for her, in all sense of everything she was alone. Theirs nothing like having the babys father their for all those great things to have that special rock to lean on. To have a bond that only the 2 of you will ever understand because you created something so elegantly yours.

Keria sighed as she heard no sign of Nick clicking over, she needed to tell him and she was going to tell him she just wasn't sure if over the phone was the right way. Or if their really ever was going to be a right way. Keria sighed "Nick hurry"

"Howie, Whats going on?" Nick asked slightly annoyed walking back into the house to see Issabelle makin out with the gardener again. He made himself a glass of vodka and orange juice and headed back outside.

"Jeez, Nick get your pants back on. when are you going to learn its not all about you Nicky."

"They are on Howie, I was just talking to Keria." Nick laughed "Dude whats going on you seem all flustered."

Howie laughed " Man, flustered just doesn't cut it, me and tonya found out that the place where we booked our wedding was over booked, everything sime freakin dumbasss booked 2 weddings in one day. Since our wedding wasn't the first one booked. The only available time they had is sunday."

Nick practically choked on his ice cube "Sunday"

"Yea this sunday Nick which is good that you are talking to miss. Keria I wasn't sure if you were on speaking terms cause whenever u are having women problems everything just isn't right with you. Anyways thats neither here or their its good your talking cause one of Tonya's Bridesmades can't make it this weekend so we are short a bridesmade."

"And you want her to be a bridesmade?" Nick questioned finally getting it

Howies silence said it all "Howie I dont know if thats such a good idea, I mean Keria has obligations and she has a little girl, and were speaking but we are not really speaking you know what I mean. I think she was just about to tell me she is seeing another guy when you called. Just Man Howie, dude I dont think, wow I will see what i can do."

"Thanks Nick, none the less im really looking forward to meeting her, she seems like she is a pretty big part of your life these days. according to all the tabloids and stuff" Howie laughed but he knew as well as anyone else tabloids sometimes do hold the inner truth.

"Yea, she is, I mean was she is definately someone important to me, I just don't think we work well as a couple, their was a lot of lies and I can't be lied to anymore."

"Well you know what maybe their are reasons as to why she lied, maybe you should try to figure out what they are. Thats why I lie sometimes to protect something or someone." Howie smiled.

" Anyway little brother I got to go I have lots of phone calls to make, she can bring her little girl im sure it would keep Bailey entertained at least a little. The Tickets are already at the airport for you guys, you fly out late friday evening, and early saturday morrning you need to get there or Keria has to get there to have the adjustments made on the dress. We need lots of help setting up and decorating and stuff, cause we couldn't find a decorator on such short notice. Im sure with all the girls and all of our backstreet team we can do something." Howie said all jumbled in one breath.
"Howie, I don't know if I can get her there". nick said with his voice full of

"Its a free trip to the freaking bahammas I dont care if you have to promise her thor for life man, you need to get here there. I can't take this Tonya breaks down into tears every 20 mins saying how everything is ruined and were doomed. You need to get there there. I will see you in the sunny bahammas early saturday morrning, Bye Nicky."

Nick chuckled he has never seen this side of Howie before so in power and demading the trump is comming out in him.

Nick laughed " Keria, Hello Keria."

Keria grimaced at how happy he sounded and she knew she was going to sweep that happiness right out from under him. "Hey Nick im still here."

Nick smiled " Good, because Howie was having a crisus and you are just the one to fix it."

Keria rolled her eyes " Me, how can I help, I dont even really know Howie"

Nick took a deep breath "So here it is, Howie's wedding got over booked so they needed to move up the wedding. Doing so People can't make it impotant people. like a bridesmade. So really they dont know you, but Tonya needs someone to stand up there. so thats where you come in I know its short notice, but hell its a free trip to the bahammas. Maddison can come too. Im on my laptop right now in my room and im booking tickets for you to fly to my house and i'll be at the airport to pick you and maddie up, tonight. Im not taking no for answer Keria, you owe me this much. If you dont come its just something else for the guys to blame on me, besdies you were suposed to come anyways so whats the different of 2 weeks." Nick ranted.

"Nick, so whens the Wedding?" Keria kicked herself for even asking.

"Sunday, this sunday" Nick stated back.

"This sunday Nick are you Crazy?" Keria got up from the table she was sitting at signed her name on the recipt mouthed Thank you and left.

"Nick I cant take maddie out of her classes."

Nick chuckled " Its preeschool Keria, im pretty sure 3 days isn't going to hurt her we will be back wednesday the earliest it might end up being 5 days it depends we can stay at the bahammas for week, where they messed up the wedding the hotel is giving everyone of the guests 2 extra days to stay on top of the 3. Basically Keria think of the less stress your putting the bride in on her wedding day." Nick was pulling everything to get her to say yes, if he had to go as low as make her feel guitly that was what he had to do.

Keria rolled her eyes "Nick guilting me isn't going to make you get your way, but I will do it as long as when we get there we talk about some stuff."

Nick made a kissing noise into the phone "Aww, you know I love you Keria, you made Howie the happiest man alive right now, until his and tonyas wedding day im sure." Nick chuckled.

"Yea, Yeah" Keria smiled it was going to be nice to see Nick, she missed him.
she missed hearing his laugh and seeing his gorgeous smile and his bright eyes light up when he got excited.

"You know Keria we will definately talk, and if what you wanna tell me that has you so upset is you found someone else, or your getting back with Kerias dad im all for it. I wasn't ready for all the Keria marie girlfriend drama.and I know im not ready to play daddy, especially playing the part someone else is suposed to be playing. I do love you though, I really do. I think talking will do us some good. Well sweetie thank you for everything and ill see you soon"

Nick hung up the phone and whispered. "Lies, All lies im more than ready, I just can't let her know how much she hurt me"

Nick decided to go out and pick a few things up for Kerias and maddies guest rooms. He still remembered the stuff keira liked, and he was going to wing it with maddie. He just wanted to show Keria how much all of this meant to him.

Keria was trying to absorb the words Nick had just told her. The words kept running in her head " Not ready to be playin someone elses part" little did Nick know that was his part.

Keria whiped the tear from her eyes, and put the phone back in her pocket and hung up all her dreams she had for her and Nick. Opened her arms and looked at the spitting image of her daddy came running in her arms and closed her arms tightly around young little maddison C. Marie!!