- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sooo what do you think so far?
I would love to know!

luv ya lots,
oxoxoxoxoxo
~*manda*
Nick Watched the clock in confusion, he wasn't really sure if he wanted the clock to move forward anymore. He wasn't sure what it was going to be like to see Keria, and he definately wasn't sure if he was ready to see Keria Play Mommy. He wasn't sure if his heart could feel anymore love for her. He was just talking to Brian last night about it, he basically told him he was crazy, and should let fate take its course. Brian was a man of faith, and if it were meant to be it would be. Nick was a Realist, of course he has been very lucky and the big guy upstairs has been very good to him. Somethings you just can't wait to happen you need to make it happen. So as Nick watches the clock move forward he gets that familair fluttering feeling in his stomach hes not sure if he welcomes that feeling, or he just wantes it to leave all togehter, including the young lady and her daughter that are going to be arriving in the next 30 mins.

Nick took a deep breath, and wanted nothing more but to light up a cig, and inhale the toxins, that are so over whelming soothing and calming. That none of the warnings in the world are going to change your mind at that moment and time. He looked around the Airport for any bar, or designated area that allowed smoking. Allowed him to calm down for those pure 5 mins of bliss, no such luck, so he had to rely on a three dollar pack of gum. Nick hasn't been this nervous in a real long time the first show back from his "little vacation" Other words rehab, and the day he married the wicked b*tch of the south. Nick's mind snapped out his trance, when he heard them announce their flight number. Flight 403 direct flight from Austrailia arriving at gate 37

This is it Nick thought.....

"Maddie, baby you need to wake up sweet girl." Keria stiffiled a yawn.

"Mmm, no mommy 5 more mins." Maddie snuggled into the pillow and blanket, she cuddled with.

Keria laughed at how much like Nick Maddie was, Keria remembered a morrning with Nick one of the best memorys she has of him. Keria couldn't help but smile.

Keria hated morrnings more than anything, especially after just falling asleep a few minutes before. God **** alarm clock she thought. Of course the Alarm, was on Nicks' side of the bed. So she was just about to reach over and shut it off when Suddenly Nicks head goes under his pillow, with a loud huffing sound and Nicks fist comes in contact with the alarm clock and instead of it sounding like a normal beep, it now sounds like a dying cat or sheep or something along the lines. It was the most awful sound.

Nick pulled Keria under the pillow with him, and wrapped his arms around her tight, it was at that moment she knew she fell head over heels for the man laying next to her. It was that moment she knew he felt the same way.

Nick smiled sheepishly "It's a little quieter under here."

Keria smiled " Uhh, what world are you living in Nick. Its probably quieter on the streets in NYC than it is in your bedroom right now. Your right though it is nice under here."

Nick held her just a little tighter " Im glad you see things my way." With his free hand he brought it to her forehead and traced the curve of her face with his finger. "I could get used to this." Nick half sighed.

Keria giggled " You could get used to that noise?"

Nick laughed "nah, that has got to go. I could get used to waking up next to you." Nick leaned in and kissed her eye-lashes.

"Mmm, me to babe". Keria opened her eyes to see Nicks blue eyes, gazing intensely at Kerias full pouty lips.

Nick leaned closer to keria and moved his hands from tracing the curves of kerias body, and pulled the pillow off their head, and he pulled her on top of him. "Uh huh" Nick smiled and captured her lips with his own. Making them connect on a more personal and some may say more intimate level.

The Alarm got quiet all of a sudden then out of no where made this really loud high pitched noise which caused Keria and Nick to both jump out of their skin. Nick ended up biting Kerias lip, making her already swollen lips bruise, with the indents of Nick carters teeth. Which made Keria jump up in pain, which made nick jump up to apologise, and they ended up banging heads, which gave them both a concussion, needless to say they had some fun trying to keep eachother awake.

The memory faded away for Keria like the sun going behind a cloud it would always be there, but needed to stay hidden for the clouds to roll in. The Sun would always shine brightly when needed though, enough to make you smile.

keria smiled at the memory, when she opened her eyes from her little blast from the past. She saw Maddie looking at her like she was from a completely different planet. Somedays Keria felt she was, this moment and time was definately one.

"Mommy, Mommy take my hand I dont like this part..." Keria shut her eyes tightly. Keria noticed she wasn't breathing.

Keria rubbed her back " Maddie, Sweetie! Everything is going to be okay you need to take deep breaths okay.

She felt her little girl ease at the sound of a mothers voice, her voice. In those few seconds the plane was landing she felt, like a failure as a mother. She was suposed to protect her daughter from all the evils the world has to daughter to teach her and guide her to do whats right. Here she is 3 years old almost 4, very intelligent for her age. She has lied numerous times to her. The one thing that would make her little girl complete is the one evil she can't keep her away from anymore. Her Father! By the end of this trip Nickolas Gene Carter, was going to know the truth.

"Can I open my Eyes, now?" Maddie asked through ragged breaths.

"Sure, if you want to Maddie." Keria laughed as she watched maddie open her eyes just quick enough, to say she blinked.

"Mommy my ears hurt...Mommy maddie cried hysterically. Mommy make the pain go away."

"Maddie hunny, you need to chew the gum I gave you, chew it really hard and just keep swallowing. Okay".

She noticed maddies facial expression changing to a somewhat calmer one, she still looked in pain. she was no longer screaming anymore.

The plane finally landed, as the wheels screeched to a hault. You could almost feel the tension on the plane leave. As people started getting out of their seats, and turned on all of the electronic devices, and the once deafly quiet plane was now alive and awake.

"See Baby you did it, you were such a good girl." Keria smiled and grabbed maddies hand, as she grabbed her carry on bag

Maddies eyes lit up, and she saw just how Nicks eyes lit up..Father like daughter. "Good enough for Ice Cream?"

Keria laughed in that sense maddie was definately her daughter, Ice cream always makes everything better even if it is just for those few short moments.
"Definately good enough for Ice cream."

"Alright maddie I need you to stay put for just a second, dont talk to any strangers or anyone okay. while I get our bag okay. "

Okay mommy"

Nick was able to get in, it was good having airport connections, he didn't feel it was right to tell Keria over the phone. But she was definately going to need a body guard or some one watching over them. Everyone knew about Her and Nicks' little love affair. Many people suported their relationship, but the majority had hate sites about them and their little 2 month fling. He wanted to get as close as possible to warn her and their daughter of camera flashes.

He watched Keria tug her cary on bag behind her and watched her laugh and smile about something with her little girl. His heart ached he still didn't know why she shut the most beautiful part of her life away from him. He didn't know why all the lies where there but he was ready to get to the bottom of it and see if maybe Brian was right, maybe she was protecting herself or her daughter from something. The more he thought about it, the more it made sense, but why couldn't she trust him. Those were questions he was hoping to have the answers to by the end of this week.

He watched them from a distance completely, The innocent bystanders having no Idea they were being watched. Nick walked over to Keria and got to her eye level, after doing so with Bailey all the time. He knew that Bailey always wanted ice cream after flying. So he walked over to her grasping the ice cream in his hand as a peice offering, hell maybe it was a bribe he wasn't sure. "Hey, Maddison im a friend of your mommys. My name is Nick. Your going to be staying with me. I got you some chocolate Ice Cream I hope you dont mind."

Out of no-where maddison started screaming and Keria went running towards the scream, she saw maddie being picked up and the man started walking faster. Keria felt the anger brun deep within her, and the tears welled in her eyes, her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest, and her feet couldn't carry her fast enough. She saw them sit down and keria snuck up on him, and motioned for maddie to be quiet.

Nick noticed maddie looking at someone so he turned around and just as he did, Nick got sucker punched right in the jaw. "**** it, what in the hell is your problem lady." Nick stood up and looked right into the eyes of Keria.

"Keria what the hell?" Nick asked he tried flexing his jaw.

"Funny, Nick I was just about to ask you the same thing. What in the hell are you doing. Taking my daughter Nick. She doesn't even know who the hell you are. My god Nick. You scared me half to death. What in the hell where you thinking?" Keria sat down at the un-even table and put her head in her hands.

"Nick, do you have any idea how scary that was. and must of been for her. I heard her scream Nick. I just left her for a second and I turn around and shes gone, I see her being litterally carried away. God, Nick what if that wasn't you. what if it was some sick perverted guy taking my daughter away. Ohh god Nick im a horrible mother.

Maddie watched her mother break into tears yet again, and she licked her ice cream and watched the strange man that brought her the yummy treat. Try to make her mothers tears stop.

"Shhh, keria its Not your fault. Im sure you are a great Mom." Nick Rubbed her back in soothing circles to console her.

"A great Mom wouldn't just leave her 3 year old daughter standing there, I mean- " Keria gasped and put her hand over her mouth, it couldn't of been anyone Nick. Thank god it was you."

Nick sighed "Okay, well it wasn't the smartest thing, but you know what everything is okay, and we need to get some rest we have a I can only imagine hectic and eventful weekend. I mean Howie was really freaking out today, So I don't even wanna know, what he is going to be like this weekend.

Keria rolled her eyes "Nick, How can you say that, just forget about it."

"Easily" Nick turned her around and pointed to maddie licking the ice-cream cone, she had chocolate smeared all over her face, and she had her stuffed dolphin with her, which she somehow managed to get out of her little dora the exploer backpack. She had Ice cream all over the dolphins face. and she was talking to the bear saying sometthing. Nick and Keria couldn't make it out though from where they were standing. "Keria shes okay, now its time for you to get over it learn from it, and move along."

Keira turned around and hugged him " Thank you, Sometimes its hard being a single mom. you never really have a rock to support you. Just yourself and you think you have to be strong.

"Keria, you are strong, Sometimes you just make things more difficult then they really are. Its one of your best qualities, because you always try to get the bottom of everything and make everything all better, but its also your biggest flaw because sometimes you just don't know when to give up and move along."

"I dont like to give up on things Nick" Keria said a little hostile for the situation.

"Look dont take offense, im just sayin. Shes okay, your okay, Im okay. Lets get going."

Keria was very impressed with Nick having a car seat for Maddie all ready to go, and the careful speed he drove all the way home and how he talked to Keria. It warmed her heart to see them together. 'maybe nick was right, I do make things more difficult maybe what I want and need is in arms reach' Keria pondered her thoughts the whole drive to Nicks house.

Nick sat silent, obeying every road sign, and light signals they have. To make it home in one peice and to keep Keria from yelling at him for driving to fast with a little girl in the backseat. Nick watched her in the rear view mirror as she slept. He snuck peaks he just couldn't shake it, there was something about maddie that he was drawn too. He felt it the first time he looked into her eyes, he felt a connection he wasn't sure if it was for how he feels about Keria or what it was but it scared him, cause it was a feeling he didn't want to go away anytime soon, if ever.

Nick watched Keria "pretend" To sleep he knew when she was really sleeping and when she was faking. Now was definately a non-sleep moment she didn't look peaceful and at ease she looked tense and restless. Nick pulled into his driveway and cut the engine, were here welcome to my kingdom.

Keria looked at nick " Ohh, Now you have done it, Nick she loves every single disney movie out there."

"Well then won't it be nice for her to be in a fairy tale for one night then?" Nick winked.

Nick got out of the car opened the door, and Keira un-buckled her daughter, and nick grabbed Maddies hand.
"Let me to show you to your room princess, then I have a suprise for you."

"Ohhh, yey are you going to tell me your my daddy, or who my Daddy is?" Keria was following closely behind enough and she heard what keria said. Nick was a little in shock.

"Uhh, no im sorry sweetie. I dont know who your dad is, I would like to know too. A pretty little girl like you is going to need someone to keep you away from all the boys when you get older."

Maddie giggled " Silly Nick. I dont like boys. They are yucky and gross."

Nick smiled " Good, now are you ready to see your room and then your suprise?"

Nick took her hand and looked at her cute little face, and her dimpled smile and cute little bunny scrunched nose, and he felt that feeling again, this time it was stronger. Keria noticed the look on Nicks face and her heart all of a sudden felt heavy again. knowing she had to say something. Keria was lost in thought again when all of a sudden Keria heard a high pitched scream, she followed the sound of her daughters voice and what she saw instantly brought tears to her eyes.
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~~:~:~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~~:~::~:~:~:~: