- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
hehe....I have it almost all posted, so in the next couple of days i am going to have to type up some more.

Luv ya lots
oxoxoxoxoxo
~*manda*
Keria gasped as she felt like her world was caving in around her, most of all she knew she was the reason her world was caving in. She saw the bond that was already starting between Nick. Maddies father but yet a stranger to the young girl. If anyone was to see them together, she was just waiting for someone to come up and say what a lovely family you have, you are a spitting image of your father. Secrets and lies destroy a relationship deteriate it. Everyone knows that truth always comes out in the End. Of Course Keria knows it, Keria has always known it. She just never knew it would be this soon. For she was going to tel Nick the truth this weekend. She has never seen to strangers take so quickly to one another before.

She has wanted so much for this day to come, and she never knew she would feel this empty, over joyed and Broken hearted. She has had many Broken hearts before but this she is carrying the weight for everyone, Nick, her daughter and her self this burden. Now she stands at the door way her mouth covering her mouth with what she is gasping for air, and feeling light headed and just really needs to get out of their before they notice her. All 20 of them. How in the Hell 20 people where inside and she thought that they were still only 3.

She watched as maddies dream came true and her Daddy made it that way. A stranger to maddies world, The Destruction of hers. Nick had somehow managed to get all of the Disney characters to come and have some Brithday cake with Maddie. How Keria forget her own daughters birthday was beyond her she felt like the worse mother ever. Yet Nick made it happen made her daughter probably have one of the best birthdays known to any little girl. Keria watched from the side of the doorway not wanting to be noticed, she needed time to gather her thoughts, she needed to get away she needed air. Hell she needed the biggest shot of something strong...hell maybe half a bottle would do the trick.

Keria watched the content look on Nicks face mixed with an incredible Smile, and The look of shock as maddie squeezed him until Nick said.

" Sweetie your choking me" Maddie Blushed " Im sorry. This is the best birthday present ever. Your the best Uncle Nick."

Nick smiled " Anything for a sweet girl like you, I think you better go over prince charming has something for you." Nick winked. He finally took notice to Keria. Standing in the doorway with tears in her eyes, looking awfully pale.

Maddie Interupted Nicks thoughts " My mommy looks sad, she always looks sad. You make her smile though."

Nick smiled " I thought you were going to Talk to Prince charming, their little girl dont you want to see what he has for you?"

Maddie Giggled and smiled a Smile that Mirrors Nicks " Silly, I told you I'm not allowed to talk to strangers."

Nick ruffled her hair " Well thats a good rule, do you want me to come with you."

Maddie nodded shyly..."Yea, but my Mommy looks sad, maybe shes sad that prince charming isn't here for her. She always told me Cinderella was her favorite fairy tale and she needed to be swept away."

Nick chuckled " You know I think you are very smart, pretty girl. I am looking for my Cinderella always have been." Nick sighed.

Maddie smiled " Well, maybe Mommy is your Cinderella. Cause you seem pretty prince charming to me."

Nick laughed " So what are you in this whole story".

"I am definately the little mouse that helps cinderella get Prince charming." Maddie winked.

Keria watched this whole scene infront of her she knew something was going on, but she couldn't hear it looked like they were conspiring something. Before she knew it, she was standing face to face. To her could of been family.

"Mommy, Mommy look what Nick did for me, he says Prince charming got me something for my birthday, can you believe it?"


Keria looked quizzically at Nick " No, Its just like fairytale baby isn't it."

"Mommy, come on what are you waiting for?"

Keria has become very good acting over the years she plastered on a big fake smile, which now everyone thinks is her Genuine smile. She couldn't remember the last time she smiled the same smile she had when she was maddies age. She guessed Never.

"Nothing, I'm just tired from the flight sweetie. Lets get over their and party like its your birthday" Keria smiled and gave her daughter a big hug and kiss on the head.

"Mommy, you are silly. Who says that anyways?" Maddie laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~

It was now hours later and Nick and Keria were cleaning up dishes of Cake and melted Ice Cream. And party hats. While maddie was passed out on Nicks sofa.

"Nick Thank you for this."

"It was nothing really Keria." Nick smiled and whiped away one of her tears " Whats wrong Keria whats up you have been acting, well lets say not yourself all day. I know its not just the flight."

"Nick, I forgot my own daughters birthday. I completely forgot it was her birthday. How could I forget my little girls Birthday. Most of all how could of I now known to tell you the truth about maddie, I lied about her age I lied about it all. Yet your still here. I just dont deserve any of this, I dont deserve my little girl. This, you. I dont deserve your compassion. Or you whiping away my tears. I went though hours and hours of labor, yet I can't remember only a few years down the road, how the greatest gift of my life blessed me for life. Us, how could Of I ruined this bond we have a by a lie."

Keria was gasping for air and hyperventalating now. Nick had a paper bag he found, leading her to the chair kneeling in front of her. "Shhh Breathe, take deep breaths keria thats the way. Calm down everything is okay."

After Keria regained her composure "Nick, are you great at everything you do?" Keria asked baffled.

"Naw, I have just calmed down lots of fans before, sometimes it back fires and caused them to pass out though cause im super sexy." Nick joked.

Keria laughed " Yea well when your right, you are right."

"Really you think im Sexy?" Nick raised his eyebrows.

"You will never know, anyways thanks for being their Nick. You really are going to make some little girl a lucky one. You will be the best dad you will spoil her or him rotton im sure. Look what you did for maddie and up to a few hours ago she was a stranger to you. How did you know it was her birthday today anyways...

"That picture you showed me one time had a birthday on the back, i just remembered it. I figured you never lied to me about that too." Nick said the last part with a little more edge than he meant too.

"Im sorry Nick I really Am-"

Nick cut her off " You know what Keria, It doesn't matter how many times you say it. Its not going to change. You made a mistake and thats that. Lets just see if we can get past it. I feel a connection with you and strangely enough to maddie too. Life is to short, I found out early this morrning that a guy i went to school with and talked too over the weekend died. Life is to short, and I maybe want to try and be frienfd hopefully more someday. and Maybe Keria can see me as more than just a uncle."

"Nick, wow! I really Dont know what to say-" Keria Yawned and nick yet cut her off again.

"You know why dont you go upstairs and catch some sleep you look exhausted, and you already hyperventalated I don't need you to pass out too. Dont worry about maddie I got her, I will take her up when im done on the computer, I half to check our flights and see if they are still going to take off tomorrow night.

"Alright, if your sure Nick."

Nick nodded, and watched Keria sleepily walk towards the stairs "Aren't you forgetting something?" Nick asked.

Keria looked around? Ummm...no, Doesn't the hero get a hug or do you only give hugs to princes now?"Nick asked teasing Keria about when prince charming and the other princes hugged her causing her to blush.

Keria walked back over and wrapped her arms tightly around Nick and breathed in the essence that was nick. she whispered in his ears " No, I hug heroes too superman." Keria winked and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Nick chuckled "Good night Cinderella"

Keria turned around and smiled and went to bed....