- Text Size +
”God this has been a boring day” Lina muttered to herself as she walked up to the house. She stopped walking for a brief second; just standing there she looked up at the big house. She shook her head, “Man it’s actually true, I’m living in Brian Littrells house.” She laughed and her mood became so much better after realising that maybe the job wasn’t so bad considering all the rest that had came with it. She walked in to the hallway and just as she did, someone bumped right in to her, she stumbled and fell flat. She found herself sitting on the floor looking up at the most attractive guy ever. Nick!

“Wow you’re actually as cute as I thought you would be.” She stared at him, realising what she had just said.

“Why thank you miss, you don’t look to bad yourself.” Nick laughed and reached out his hand to help her get up from the floor.

“Oh, I can’t believe I just said that, I mean you’re Nick… Why do I keep making a fool of myself” she continued, now talking more to herself than to Nick who had pulled her up into his arms. He stood there smiling as he watched her more closely.


She was wearing a couple of dark blue jeans that fit perfectly on her and a white top that enhanced her curves. It wasn’t too much though, considering that she was wearing them to work. But they looked great on her and you could tell she had a slimmed body.
'She’s really hot' he thought to himself.

“So you must be?” Nick wondered.

“Sorry, I’m Lina, Jo's friend. I’m staying here until I have the money to find a place of my own” They stood there for a while, Nick still holding her. They looked into eachother's eyes and realised that they were still holding on to eachother, so they quickly let go.
'What was that?' Lina thought. The feeling of looking into Nicks eyes remained and she smiled.

“Oh, Jo, the new nanny right?” He smiled at her. "I kind of think she has done something to Alex… They were just standing in the kitchen gazing into eachother's eyes. Alex looked like a fool...”

Lina laughed and realised that she and Nick might be able to have some fun with the fact that their friends were falling for eachother. Maybe they could help them to realise that.

“So you’ve noticed that?” she said smiling. “He kind of admitted last night that he has a crush on her.”

Nick looked at her, surprised. “He actually admitted that?”

“Well not exactly, but when I asked him about it his face turned all red and he started asking me about the fact that I’m from Sweden... So I kind of figured that one out by myself.”

Nick laughed again. “You’re not very shy, are you?”

“Well if you’re talking about the fact that I’m standing her rambling then I guess I’m not... But I have a bad habit of rambling when I get nervous, and I mean, you are a Backstreet boy.” She stopped talking for a second to catch her breath. Nick stood there laughing at her.

“Man, you talk a lot don’t you?”

Linas faced turned red. “Sorry about that, I just don’t know when to stop”

Nick looked at her again. It was something about this girl that got to him. “It's okay, I like when girls actually talk to me, and don’t just stand there looking at me like I'm Superman or something.”


Right then Leighanne and Baylee entered.

“Hi Nick, good to see you again” Leighanne smiled and gave him a big hug.

“It’s good to see you to, hi Baylee!” Nick got down on his knee and Baylee ran to him giving him a big hug too.

“Hi Uncle Nick.” Baylee said happily.

“I’ve missed you big boy. So I guess you want a present?” Nick reached for his bag and got up a big teddy bear. Baylee giggled and instantly grabbed the bear.

“What do you say now?” Leighanne asked and looked at Baylee.

“Thank you Nick.” Baylee then rushed away to show his daddy his new toy.

“I've just finished the guestroom for you. It’s the one you always stay in when you’re visiting so I'm counting on you knowing where to put your stuff.” Leighanne smiled. “Hi Lina” she turned to look at her. “Did you have a good day at your new job?”

“I guess so, It’s a lot of new things to learn but I'm not worried. I'm going upstairs to take a shower, and then I'll come back down to help with dinner”

“Thanks, but take your time. Dinner is ready in 45 minutes.” Leighanne walked away in to the kitchen.

“So, you need some help with those bags?” She asked Nick.

“Thanks that would be nice. So what room are you staying in?”

“The one with a lot of blue in” she smiled.

“Oh then we’ll be living next to each other, I'm in the green one...” He looked at her with a smile. She felt her heartbeat racing.

“I guess we will.” She turned her face away. 'What is wrong with me? Why is he affecting me like this? I’ve just met him,' she thought to herself. She put his bag down and went in to her bedroom.

'Man, that girl really is hot,' Nick thought as he got in to he’s room to unpack.


Lina went straight into the shower. It had been a long and stressful day and she stood awhile in the shower just to relax. Just as she got out of the shower she heard a knocking on her bedroom door. She ran to open it thinking it had to be Jo, wanting to know about her day. As she open the door she froze. It wasn’t Jo, It was Nick.

“Hi...” she said and wrapped the towel harder around her. “I thought you were someone else.”

Nick just stood there looking at her. His eyes went from the top to the bottom of her half-naked body.

“Hmmm...” He kept staring at her. She started to feel a bit uncomfortable.

“Yes Nick?” He managed to get his eyes away from her body and looked her into the eyes. She could tell she had made an impression on him. She smiled for a brief second.

“Hmm... I was just gonna ask you if you were ready to go downstairs but I guess you’re not.”

“Well no I'm not.” She got far to aware of the situation, realising that she stood there half naked in front of one of the most gorgeous men she'd ever seen. Once again they made eye contact and she felt her heart racing. She could tell from the look in her eyes that he was attracted to her.

“Lina” she heard Jo say from behind Nick. The moment was interrupted and Nick backed away.

“I guess I'll see you downstairs,” he said with a smile. She could see in his eyes that he was sorry that they had been interrupted.

“Yes. See you downstairs.” Lina felt that her face was warm, she was probably all red. 'Gosh,' she thought 'I can read that man like an open book...'

“What was that all about?” Jo looked at Lina with confusion in her face.

“Could you please come in and close the door, I don’t like standing here almost naked in the hallway”

Jo walked in and sat down on the bed. “ That didn't seem to bother you before I came along. Ok, now tell me, why were you and Nick standing there looking like you’re about to throw yourselves at eachother?” Jo smiled and looked at Lina with curiosity.

“We weren’t about to throw ourselves at eachother.” she said, looking embarrassed. “Honestly I didn’t know what was happening, I opened the door thinking it was you, and the next thing I knew, we were standing there and he's looking at me with a weird look on his face.”

“Duh, it’s called excitement, I think... He looked like he was about to eat you up, towel and all. I think Nick Carter may have the hots for you... “Jo laughed and lay down on the bed.

Linas face turned red. “Of course he doesn't. Why would he want me? He could have anyone he wants.”

“Have you looked yourself in the mirror lately? You look great, why is it so impossible that Nick thinks so too?”

“I don’t know... It just feels weird...” Lina looked out the window thinking about what it had felt like looking in to those blue eyes. She shivered and got back to reality.

“My god, you are attracted to him to aren’t you?” Jo shouted and looked at Lina with excitement. She looked so funny, Lina couldn’t help but laugh.

“I don’t know, I’ve only just met him, how can I be attracted to him already?”

“Well that doesn't have to be so hard, he looks great.”

“I know.” Lina said and smiled at Jo.

"Now get out of my room, I'm getting dressed. See you soon downstairs, ok?”

“Sure.” Jo jumped out of the bed and went out of the room. When she closed the door Lina threw herself across the bed.

“My god, what’s happening to me? Why do I feel so weird every time I look at him?” she thought to herself.